["not all run & gun or bunnyhopping"]

Metal_Jacket

I have it from a reliable source that COD4 is not all run and gun; there are modes like DM and TDM which promote run & gun, and others like search and destroy where the emphasise is on tactical gameplay to win.

Beta TDM gameplay of COD4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC4oz_mdwmU

Not that this is a COD thread - but I think those of you who are feeling despondent about GRAW2 and think COD4 will be all run n gun had better take a look at this.

CALL OF DUTY INTERVIEW

Now this is not a dig at GRIN, I'm merely showing disgruntled GRAW2 players where they can expect to find the next decent MP game.

It's clear to me from this Interview and from others Ive seen that these guys really wanted to bring the BEST PC MP game to the table - in fact the best Modern Warfare MP Gaming on any platform.

Specifically, for PC Gamers though - listen to the part about the Harcore Mode - thats exactly what we want - and thats what they are bringing out of the box.

COD used to be run'n'gun we all know that - but I think this PC version is a step up and aimed at addressing both the runngunners needs and the realistic gameplay needs.

What really pleases me is what I see as a GENUINE attempt at giving the PC gamers what they have been asking for, for such a ###### long time.

Let's hope its all they say it is.

Whitey, I knew that GR consoles had [GR] maps but that was [GR] but on the consoles to me, same game. I meant that they were getting re done for them on the GRAW2 engine.

I played the COD4 demo for about five mintues. I shot guys in windows and a few seconds they just re appeared as if there was a long line of guys at the window waiting their turn. I could feel the way they try to 'scrip' a natural feel into the game all over the place. It doesn't fool my mind so i can't enjoy it.

I heard that COD4 has some realism modes and modders can even do more to it. I'll be interested in how that works. The sniper movie that was out a while ago looked nice as far as the environment goes, looked almost like what we expected a new GR to look like.

For my part i've given up on GRAW and GRIN despite appreciating some elements of it.

I'm looking to Ground Branch, OpFlash2, or OE2 for my new GR fix.

I saw jumping in that vid, which = bunnyhopping. So that's a no-go for me. And I see they still have the player movement fuxored. Every player is moving with their own personal hovercraft.

Jumping does not automatically = bunnyhopping.

rugg, as far as i have been informed from sources - the bunnyhopping does not exist in its former state.

there is a small jump and you can shoot while jumping as i understand it.

but it is certainly not like the old days.

you'll be playing it soon enuff rugg - even if you don;t know it yet.

I remember in Star Wars Battlefront when you jump you cannot shoot and there was a decent delay between the time you can jump between things. That worked rather well, but I still like the idea of mantling instead.

COD4 got jump and shoot, and you do travel faster by jumping so expect people to jump around.

I remember in Star Wars Battlefront when you jump you cannot shoot and there was a decent delay between the time you can jump between things. That worked rather well, but I still like the idea of mantling instead.

COD4 got jump and shoot, and you do travel faster by jumping so expect people to jump around.

I'm not defending COD4 in any way, I'm saying that jumping does not automatically mean bunny hopping.

I'm not defending COD4 in any way, I'm saying that jumping does not automatically mean bunny hopping.

Indeed, and that is in line with what I have written. Btw, I have nothing against bunnyhopping per se in appropriate games - but I would have hated it in GRAW2 for example.

THings I looked for while playing the single player demo, especially on the run and gun aspect is that bunny hopping is as best a no go.

You can jump multiple times, but as soon as you jump your weapon drops to ready postion and doesnt come up until your peaking at maximum height. Also you cannot use the weapon optic during a jump. While on the way down during a jump you can fire the weapon but it is wildly inaccurate and you probably wouldnt be able to shoot the ocean while standing on the bottom.

All in all, this proves to me that the COD4 Devs have thought about the styles involved in both TvT and COOP gameplay.

While the COD line has not been developed as a a modable franchise it has had many EXP Packs for each installment as well as major support.

This title will be the next full version game on my HDD. It has the elements that I believe make a game worth while for the duration.

PC gaming is an ever evolving process, and being so means that the gamers have to evolve along with it, like it or not. And looking at what were playing right now and the lack of support, enginne and entertainment wise, for said title, its no big secret why.

Dont get me wrong. I love the R6 and GR series. With the intial releases, each title left me wanting more. More action, tactics, good old fashioned terrorist storyline and plot thickening herorism from each frame to the next. But with the dramatic decline in overall quality in game play in recent and subsequent releases, they have definitely left me wanting more, but in the worst possible way. I am afraid it is time to move on.

Climbing up ladders, over managible mounds, etc.. works for me..

Jumping is realistic, as in we can all jump! But any kind of jumping, unless in a paracute from a plane or to help get up and over an obsticle, makes NO SENSE.

Any other jumping feature.. nope not going to do it..

Especially if shooting at any time during a jump is available. Or if it takes the aim point off for a shooter..

Bunny hopping does not pertain to only the shooter but the person being shot. Nothing like seein a fool playing freaking hop scotch across your screen..

We had CoD up on our dedicated server after we stopped with GR. The bunnyhopping ruined it for us and we moved on to something else. The patch that fixed the hopping came too late IMHO. Devs need to take a look at the hopping BS and just remove it. It amazes me some of the detail and historical correctness are in some of these games then you see a bunch of boogereaters hopping across the screen. Totally ruins it for me. Kinda like getting the attention of the really hot chick in the bar only to notice that she's missing most of her teeth...........

Jumping is realistic,but not in games.

But any kind of jumping, unless in a paracute from a plane or to help get up and over an obsticle, makes NO SENSE.

Unless it's 'Jumpen'. Those of you among us who are Dutch should know what I mean. 'Jumpen' is as real as you and me, especially in Holland.

Edited by WytchDokta

It amazes me some of the detail and historical correctness are in some of these games then you see a bunch of boogereaters hopping across the screen. Totally ruins it for me. Kinda like getting the attention of the really hot chick in the bar only to notice that she's missing most of her teeth...........

Yeah, when was the last time you saw a soldier jumping across a road or from cover to cover when you watched The Longest Day or Saving Private Ryan? :lol:

But any kind of jumping, unless in a paracute from a plane or to help get up and over an obsticle, makes NO SENSE.

Unless it's 'Jumpen'. Those of you among us who are Dutch should know what I mean. 'Jumpen' is as real as you and me, especially in Holland.

Jumpstyle.... my 4 year old is good at it...lol

Jumpstyle.... my 4 year old is good at it...lol

Heh. :lol:

Ik liefde jumpen.

Edited by WytchDokta