M-Audio Trigger Finger

squad_e

I've recently purchased one of these and they are great.

From £108

Trigger Finger puts the power to program and perform expressive percussion and drum parts at your fingertips. Its 16 velocity-sensitive pads are perfect for playing the drum sounds in your favorite software, launching loops and samples, or even controlling video projections—and applying pressure to the pads can generate any MIDI controller you wish. Trigger Finger also gives you 8 knobs and 4 faders that are freely assignable to MIDI parameters such as volume, pan, pitch, and effects. Pre-programmed maps for Reason, Live, GM Drum, XG Drum, iDrum, and more make setup a snap—and full programmability lets you customize the unit to fit your needs. Settings are easy to store via 16 presets, and M-Audio’s free Enigma librarian software for PC and Mac lets you create a collection of even more. A simple USB cable is all it takes to connect and power Trigger Finger with your computer. It’s time to take full control of your drum programming—and Trigger Finger is the right tool for the job.

Main website

My freestyle beat Conga style

As we previously discussed, I might get one when I have more room. but for now, I'm making good progress on my beat programming abilities without one. Though what I really need to work is my bassline programming & riff programming. Got a nice bassline going for my downtempo breakbeat Moby style track.