Edit mission

seiken05

How can i change the support loyalist for marines in missions 06 (SP campaign) The Long Walk? What files i must edit and how?

The files you're looking for are data\levels\mission06\xml\world.xml and data\levels\mission06\mission.xml.

Though I'm not quite sure how, but try this:

In world.xml

loyalists3 -> us_marines_squad3

and in mission.xml

support_loyalists -> support_us_marines

This should change the player-controlled squad into marines instead of loyalists.

You can actually add 4 additional 3-people squads (controllable, either marines or loyalists or both) just by editing these two files. ;)

How can i change the support loyalist for marines in missions 06 (SP campaign) The Long Walk? What files i must edit and how?

The files you're looking for are data\levels\mission06\xml\world.xml and data\levels\mission06\mission.xml.

Though I'm not quite sure how, but try this:

In world.xml

loyalists3 -> us_marines_squad3

and in mission.xml

support_loyalists -> support_us_marines

This should change the player-controlled squad into marines instead of loyalists.

You can actually add 4 additional 3-people squads (controllable, either marines or loyalists or both) just by editing these two files. ;)

Ok, i edit the world.xml and mission.xml and change the loyalist for the marines. But the mission crash. This is the error:

Wed Oct 31 23:11:48 2007

Crash in application version: 30621.2989

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(-1): cant find member: _side in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\utils\worldunits.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

Any idea what is wrong? Thanks for help me....

Ok, i edit the world.xml and mission.xml and change the loyalist for the marines. But the mission crash. This is the error:

Wed Oct 31 23:11:48 2007

Crash in application version: 30621.2989

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(-1): cant find member: _side in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

Any idea what is wrong? Thanks for help me....

I don't know really, but it worked without a problem on my PC.

m06ce1.th.jpg

Try this then

http://rapidshare.com/files/67243550/mission06.zip [186 KB]

Extract the content into Local\English\levels\mission06\

It should work.

Have a look at the pic below. :D

mission05usarmyts5.th.jpg

It's from mission 5. I actually created a new unit called US SF which is based on the Mexican SF models and added 5 x 4 additional soldiers into the mission so now I control an army of 24! :lol:

Man i really like it!!!!! it´s exactly that i want!!! tell me please how do you do this in the missions. 24 specials forces in any missions is like a real fight. I think that Grin must see this work. Your new unit is a new character for the us marines? it´s interesting brms... :lol:

No big deal really, I just modified various xml files. Yes, you can either use the default marines or US Special Forces (mexican sf, not anything new) or both. I simply created different classes from the mexican models and gave them quality weapons, such as M32. :lol:

I'm not sure it's doable for the rest of the missions though. Placing them on the map is a bit difficult. GRAW2 editor keeps crashing on my pc so I have to rely on trial & error for coordinates.

No big deal really, I just modified various xml files. Yes, you can either use the default marines or US Special Forces (mexican sf, not anything new) or both. I simply created different classes from the mexican models and gave them quality weapons, such as M32. :lol:

I'm not sure it's doable for the rest of the missions though. Placing them on the map is a bit difficult. GRAW2 editor keeps crashing on my pc so I have to rely on trial & error for coordinates.

I can play the missions 06 that you send me..Thanks!!!! really i want to know how place more units in a mission please, learn me if you can

Pretty neat trick there. :D Not too sure about how many total actors including enemy you can have, so go easy!

Editor crashes for me also like you say, regularly. Either get used to ctrl+S after every actor you place or, simply place 2 actors, then note the difference in the co-ordinates, in the world file. Simply copy paste the info but keep deducting the same difference, so they will all be in line formation on Insert.

:thumbsup:

There really is no easy way to do this. I can give you the files you need to add extra soldiers but you have to put them into each mission using the editor, place waypoints for each group if you want them to patrol/guard etc, give them IDs etc. and then manually edit missionxx.xml.

There really is no easy way to do this. I can give you the files you need to add extra soldiers but you have to put them into each mission using the editor, place waypoints for each group if you want them to patrol/guard etc, give them IDs etc. and then manually edit missionxx.xml.

Ok, no problem. I will learn how to use the editor whit the mission. Give me the files and i´ll begin to work. Really i like to add extra squad, is better. Maybe you would to make some missions, and post here to download. Maybe others players like this too. Thanks

Here it is then

http://rapidshare.com/files/68197099/extrasoldiers.rar

Extract into Local\English folder as usual. Mission #5 is also included. You will have to babysit 3+5x4 soldiers instead of 3 loyalists. :)

<group name="ghost_team_a" side="1">

<soldier name="ghost_mitchell"/>

<soldier name="ghost_beasley"/>

<soldier name="ghost_ramirez"/>

<soldier name="delta_sniper"/>

</group>

<group name="ghost_team_b" side="1">

<soldier name="ghost_brown"/>

<soldier name="ghost_hume"/>

<soldier name="ghost_jenkins"/>

<soldier name="delta_rifleman"/>

</group>

<group name="us_sf_team_alpha" side="1">

<soldier name="alpha_team_leader"/>

<soldier name="alpha_demolition"/>

<soldier name="alpha_support"/>

<soldier name="alpha_heavy_sniper"/>

</group>

<group name="us_sf_team_bravo" side="1">

<soldier name="bravo_team_leader"/>

<soldier name="bravo_demolition"/>

<soldier name="bravo_support"/>

<soldier name="bravo_sniper"/>

</group>

<group name="us_sf_team_charlie" side="1">

<soldier name="charlie_team_leader"/>

<soldier name="charlie_demolition"/>

<soldier name="charlie_support"/>

<soldier name="charlie_sniper"/>

</group>

These are the groups you'll be able to use in the editor but you can create custom groups similar to the ones above using the soldiers in extra_groups.xml (or customize the existing ones). But before everything else, open extra_groups.xml using a text editor and check the soldier kits carefully. Some of the weapons I gave them are in different slots than the default ones and I haven't included my weapon_data.xml.

Oh btw you get to see yourself from behind in the game, which is spooky, plus you will find out that Mitchell, contrary to rumours, doesn't really run around headless. :D

Edited by brms007

but you have to put them into each mission using the editor

:whistle:

No you don`t, but nice work.

I don`t understand why you cannot put them in using XML only? That`s how i made 54 units (150+ actors) out of just 12 units in my defend. Copy paste, rename. The less time you have to be in that grumpy editor, the better.

:rolleyes:

These are the groups you'll be able to use in the editor but you can create custom groups similar to the ones above using the soldiers in extra_groups.xml (or customize the existing ones). But before everything else, open extra_groups.xml using a text editor and check the soldier kits carefully. Some of the weapons I gave them are in different slots than the default ones and I haven't included my weapon_data.xml.

Oh btw you get to see yourself from behind in the game, which is spooky, plus you will find out that Mitchell, contrary to rumours, doesn't really run around headless. :D

Edited by seiken05