Can GR night vision be edited?

bigcat75

What I would like to try and do is make it a softer effect, more like graw(pc) or GR2:SS xbox.

Or at least if possible, to get the characters to not glow as much. I dislike that effect so much that for now I have taken all my night missions and added a somewhat lighter colored fog so night vision is not necessary. They actually look great that way too but that's beside the point.

Edited by bigcat75

Niccola I'm having problems with paint shop and the .rsb alpha channels. I installed the plugin and it works, but the alpha channel is another story.

I have a utility called dxtbmp which allows me to work with alpha channels but it doesn't work with rsb.

EDIT: okay hold on, I can edit these files in paint shop, it looks like the alpha channel is absent.

Edited by bigcat75

Niccola I'm having problems with paint shop and the .rsb alpha channels. I installed the plugin and it works, but the alpha channel is another story.

I have a utility called dxtbmp which allows me to work with alpha channels but it doesn't work with rsb.

Which version of Paintshop Pro are you using? I'm using Paintshop Pro Photo X1, so I'll try to help out as much as I can. Are having diifculty with the alpha channels when saving the file or before?

Which version of Paintshop Pro are you using? I'm using Paintshop Pro Photo X1, so I'll try to help out as much as I can. Are having diifculty with the alpha channels when saving the file or before?

My mistake. It seems only the kit rsb files are giving me problems. Since I read Niccola's post I have looked at just about every other rsb and PSP opens them just fine! Stupid me, after I had realized I couldn't edit the kit pics (a few weeks ago), I didn't bother to check other rsb files.

Anyway, I got the NV looking a lot better, I think I can get really close to what I had in mind.

p.s. I'm using PSP7.

Edited by bigcat75

i still dont think you wil be able to change the colour - regardless of the colour you think you're creating in PS.

as i said - its hardcoded.

I see what u mean. It just looks "softer" because I toned down the noise. Basically it looks like niccola's screenshot. Oh well, I can't be too disapointed, since I now discovered I was wrong about my PSP not being able to edit rsb, so that's an unexpected bonus.

I once made several different nv 'noises' to accomodate some training porposes. From bright nightvision to darked nightvisions (harder to spot enemies).

The affect that goes beyond my scope of scripting regarding nv is giving the characters a permanent 'wet' outfit (darker outfits are harder to notice by nv then light it seems) and the alpha channel (see Ghillie suite and night vision thread). It seems that when a character has walked through water his pants gets less lighted by the nv. Check the topic I mentioned above.

Edited by Toniezz