PC version gets no lovin...

Get Yer XBox360 lovin here...

I just saw the entry on the news page about the Xbox 360 version getting a new map pack with [GR] maps being converted. If this isn't some pretty clear evidence from Ubi that their platform of choice is consoles...

IF we get another patch it will most likely be just that... some bug fixes. No new maps. No new game modes. If you like rich content, buy a console and learn to FPS with a controller.

Ubi - Please just put a bullet in Mitchel's head and end this franchise with some dignity...

-John K.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this is the last GR game.

I think the same can be said of Rainbow Six.

And with the quality of the last Tom Clancy-titles we could be glad those once challenging Tac-Sims don't get pulled deeper into the Action-Franchise - at least on PC.

Red storm make the graw2 for xbox360,has the rights for [GR] maps,so xbox users can be happy.

Pc user Want RsE to make next Gr game for Us to get better support.

Why would anyone want RsE to do next GR? They did Lockdown and that games speaks for it self, i belive RsE has lost it completly.

Ubi - Please just put a bullet in Mitchel's head and end this franchise with some dignity...

I think that pretty much sums up the Mitchell main character hero storyline perfectly.

My repackaging of your quote:

Ubi - Please just put a bullet in Mitchel's head and bring some dignity back to this franchise...

I think that pretty much sums up the Mitchell main character hero storyline perfectly.

My repackaging of your quote:

Ubi - Please just put a bullet in Mitchel's head and bring some dignity back to this franchise...

Cell - darn if I don't agree with you.... I've wanted this franchise to return to some level of dignity for two releases now. I just don't think it will happen. :(

-John K.

Who know, grin might also release a patch with maps, if they don’t, I will be extremely disappointed, not at grin or ubi, I’ll be disappointed at myself.

When I bought the game, I knew it still had a long way to go, I trusted the powers to be to do the rite thing by us all, if they don’t produce the goods, I can blame no one other than myself.

I keep telling people: money is power, money is life, money is death - but money cannot buy, but then again, what do I know?

Too many businesses these days want to work quantity over quality. Know why? Because you generate more money from the more clients you got, but you ain't necessarily providing a good quality service to them. Good service is an exact science and therefore takes time, but most companies would rather spend that time making money rather than investing the time on their clients. Quality should never be compromised for popularity, but then again, apparently I know nothing of customer service so....

Edited by WytchDokta

I keep telling people: money is power, money is life, money is death - but money cannot buy, but then again, what do I know?

Too many businesses these days want to work quantity over quality. Know why? Because you generate more money from the more clients you got, but you ain't necessarily providing a good quality service to them. Good service is an exact science and therefore takes time, but most companies would rather spend that time making money rather than investing the time on their clients. Quality should never be compromised for popularity, but then again, apparently I know nothing of customer service so....

Good point!! I had a guy paint the walls in my bathroom. thought he was my friend. He did some other work, plastering filling holes and so forth. My 500 dollar estimate turned in to 950. well, lets just say when my roof needed to be fixed. I didnt go to him.

If Grin/ubi dont make good of this game. By the way. that makes GRAW1 and GRAW2 they didnt make good with. I wont be getting anything from them again either.

We've just got to believe... we just have to.......... don't we?

I think the only way UBI can milk this thing a little longer, but what I have been reading.. is if they do come out with a map pack of some sort...

I'd love to believe that but we as a community have shown that there are a LOT of us that will put down money for GR games, many times "sight unseen" via pre-order. That means Ubi thinks there's still plenty of money to be had from us whether they listen to our requests or not.

I'm really torn on this one. When more people say "Stop the madness" and proclaim that they won't pre-order, or sometimes say they won't buy another GR / Ubi title... it does send a message of sorts. The message could be interpreted and acted upon two different ways:

1) Ubi listens. They re-direct the franchise back into tac-sim land where we PC gamers want it to go. (Personally, I would be FINE if Ubi does a purposeful split of the franchise... take the PC version back to tac-sim land but send the console versions down the run-n-gun path, and thus make BOTH camps happy)

2) Ubi listens. They determine that they've probably lost a good majority of the "built-in" PC audience by now (I won't even address the oft-asked question of whether it was done on purpose or not). With that knowledge they decide to send the console version deeper into run-n-gun, and ax the PC version completely.

We PC GR players (myself included) remind me of people caught in a dysfunctional co-dependent relationship. We know we're supporting bad behavior from Ubi when we keep purchasing and pre-ordering GRAW games, but we keep whispering to ourselves in the dark of night, "Ubi doesn't mean to be evil... we deserved it... they'll get better and everything will be good again".

Perhaps the PC franchise players that feel GRAW and GRAW2 do NOT represent the direction we want, need to make a pact, signed in blood (on-line petition?), that we won't pre-order any "new" version of the game, BUT... if the reviews are positive and we see improvements to the tac-sim nature, we WILL buy the game. It essentially gives Ubi the smack on the hand with a ruler, but we also tell them that there IS still a chance to get our money if they improve the PC franchise.

Of course, there are elements that are happy as a clam with GRAW2... they must act in accordance with their own beliefs. I personally feel the core GRAW2 game isn't bad... but there are LOTS of elements missing (discussed ad nausea m elsewhere) and a completely embarrassing lack of content.

-John K.

Red storm make the graw2 for xbox360,has the rights for [GR] maps,so xbox users can be happy.

Pc user Want RsE to make next Gr game for Us to get better support.

Why would anyone want RsE to do next GR? They did Lockdown and that games speaks for it self, i belive RsE has lost it completly.

Lockdown had a lot of possibilities had they chosen to script the missions like they did with GR. They decided to script them as lamebrained linear junk to thrill the kiddies. :wall: That game looked pretty good to me and had they opened the maps up and used random scripts it would have been much fun. :) Let's face it GRIN took GR backwards as they canned just about everything that made GR great. Except the name of course! ;) XBOXer's have fun with your new repop maps. :santa:

I never thought I would go down this route....

I have pre-ordered each one of the R6 & [GR] titles since Raven Shield & Ghost Recon 1. That will never happen again. Not only that, I refuse to "trust" another Ubisoft title from here on out. R6:V was a good game, but if you compare it to RvS, online MP wise, its a step backwards IMO. Now I don't need a "knock me on my ass" game for me to be interested again. I would like to see it delivered complete and worth the dollars they are syphoning from this community. Its not a money issue for me, and its not spite, its about not wasting my time on something that is lacking. Produce a worthwhile product and I will gladly hand over the $$. Almost like throwing this community a few small snacks after the whole Ghost Recon 2 PC shafting, when we are looking for a Thanksgiving Dinner. If you would have completed GR2 for PC, there would have been plenty of time to turn the GRAW series into a masterpiece. The other problem is, I'm sure many many fans were lost in the time between GR1 and GRAW.

It is a lack of concern for the PC title when there has been no fixes in a few months and no solid mention of a fix or content additions. No its not supposed to be a "welcome surprise". If the task is a large one and there is much to fix/add, how about a whole bunch of small patches over a 2 month period instead of 1 giant patch after 3-4 months when everyone is gone? At least there would be some confidence that the support is there. I hung on for a long time with GRAW, I can't say the same for GRAW2. Why in the world were the GRAW1 maps not included as well?

I'm not trying to say that GRAW2 cannot be enjoyable. It just gets stale, again lack of content, and when you run into things like collision issues and no doors to enter buildings and nades ricocheting off of leaves, and a problem with netcode...I want to side-kick my monitor, and I never get angry playing games....I play for fun.

Ubi- produce a worthwhile product or keep it. 8 MP maps & what....2 or 3 coop MP maps loaded with bugs & stripped down features does not make a "full" priced game. GRAW2 should have been an expansion pack. 1 more thing, when you have a "Hit" on your hands, (GR1, RvS), why would you change it so drastically & remove features that made the games what they are?

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

from what I've seen about business, the thing any conpany cannot stand to see is another company getting all the love...i.e. demonstrated interest above their own products and money...so instead of rambling on n on in these GR forums about UBI this or that...maybe we should all turn our interest(post it - demonstrate it) to the forum threads about Black Foot Studios and Ground Branch or just go to those forums cause I susprect THEY will be watching and listening.....after all, the core beliefs and principles of GR are there.....maybe we should shed our GR skin and call it something else......?

mea culpa - I opted to bypass a purchase of GRAW2 and save my cash for Ep2......but I'd buy Ground Branch in a heart beat even over the any HL2 franchise release...it might get competiton in the interest dept from Project Origin...but then I'd most likely purchase all three....sorry GRIN I did enjoy GRAW SP and will probably buy GRAW2 at some date, but it lags behind in the interest category...no way anybody beats F.E.A.R. for run n gun so it better be a darn good tac sim....

oh, did I forget to mention Crysis?

mig :ph34r:

from what I've seen about business, the thing any conpany cannot stand to see is another company getting all the love...i.e. demonstrated interest above their own products and money...so instead of rambling on n on in these GR forums about UBI this or that...maybe we should all turn our interest(post it - demonstrate it) to the forum threads about Black Foot Studios and Ground Branch or just go to those forums cause I susprect THEY will be watching and listening.....after all, the core beliefs and principles of GR are there.....maybe we should shed our GR skin and call it something else......?

mea culpa - I opted to bypass a purchase of GRAW2 and save my cash for Ep2......but I'd buy Ground Branch in a heart beat even over the any HL2 franchise release...it might get competiton in the interest dept from Project Origin...but then I'd most likely purchase all three....sorry GRIN I did enjoy GRAW SP and will probably buy GRAW2 at some date, but it lags behind in the interest category...no way anybody beats F.E.A.R. for run n gun so it better be a darn good tac sim....

oh, did I forget to mention Crysis?

mig :ph34r:

I'm all over Ground Branch from Blackfoot. If you haven't heard of it, jump to their website and check it out (be aware it's still in development however).... Blackfoot Studios

-John K.

from what I've seen about business, the thing any conpany cannot stand to see is another company getting all the love...i.e. demonstrated interest above their own products and money...

Pumping out [unfinished] game after [unfinished] game and charging an extortionate amount for the [unfinished] game ain't called getting big lovin' - it's called a rip off. Yeah, it's get them lots of money. Six months down the line another new [unfinished] game generates more money and support for the previous [unfinished] game ceases making unhappy customers. So you can see, quality (and support) goes down the drain, but why should the company care? They're the ones getting the money from the release of their [unfinished] product. So here we go again.... money is power

Now, stop disturbing me and let me go finish my [unfinished] bag of jelly babies. Did I say 'unfinished'?

Edited by WytchDokta

Hearing that the beloved Caves and RR Bridge are being fed to the console lot feels like a kidn of violation of some kind to me. [GR] PC players actually 'love' that game and put love into it as well as vast amounts of time etc. My general impression of the console player mentality is that they treat games like gum and just chew away for a while until it loses its flavour or them then they move onto the next thing. I know the dollar rules in these things but it just sucks that they get all the love. ha, i guess it's a bit like a sincere guy seeing a sweet lady go for the 'playa' rather than the guy who really loves her.

How long as it been now since we were all psyched about GR2 then to suddenly hear it was cancelled? Seems like an age, since then we've had GRAW and GRAW2 but they've never quite managed to reproduce the devotion that [GR] did and these forums have been filled with people continuously expressing hope and belief in the vain hope that our wants will finally be catered to. It's getting to take on the characteristics of Stockholm syndrome.

Let's face it, the only way another [GR] moment is gonna come along again is if it comes out of the blue by some like minded dev. It sure won't be GRIN who seem to have been on the 'Bionic Commando' thing for a while now.

R.I.P GR.

Here's to pastures new.

Perhaps, it's just a time issue. The 360 version has been out for a few more months than the PC version. Hopefully, when the PC version is at the "same age", it will get some new content.

nope. Grin has said around here, can't find the post, but, they said that they have a small contingent approximately 5-7 people who are solely given the job of patching. no content.

mappacks? .nope.

just plain 'ol bug fixes..