PC version gets no lovin...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the $50 I paid for my game doesn't equal the same $50 that a console game costs...................

But just think of the bucket full of bugs that the GRAW games came with as a bonus. The XB 360 folk didn't get all those bugs so they had to give them some map packs instead. :P

It's been a long and sucky and depressing ride since the cancellation of GR2. I think it will soon be over.

GR.net has been an incredibly good place for us to hang and even if GR is finally pronounced dead in gamer consensus then i hope that the site will go on forever as we eventually find a game that is a spiritual sequel to GR.

I love how with every Tom Clancy game out lately everyone says they won't buy another Ubi game yet they keep doing it. lol I'm willing to bet most of you who say that are lying to yourself. I still love GRAW and GRAW2 pc and just ran through both game's sp modes a couple of days ago. It's better everytime to because I'm always learning new ways to defeat the enemy. Thanks GRIN a bunch for GRAW and GRAW2 pc. Cheers. :g_withgrin:

Edited by Demanufakture

I love how with every Tom Clancy game out lately everyone says they won't buy another Ubi game yet they keep doing it. lol I'm willing to bet most of you who say that are lying to yourself. I still love GRAW and GRAW2 pc and just ran through both game's sp modes a couple of days ago. It's better everytime to because I'm always learning new ways to defeat the enemy. Thanks GRIN a bunch for GRAW and GRAW2 pc. Cheers. :g_withgrin:

I feel that GRAW 2 is pretty good game. I am a Multiplayer and feel that this is lots of fun online.

I really think this game could take off if Grin would come out with a map pack of course. I was looking at the 360 version of the co-op maps of [GR] made up for Graw 2, and they look sweet. If we could get some verity in this game with a map pack, i just don't see how peeps could be discouraged about that. Hope to here from Grin. This would be really great.

I was thinking that if UBISOFT and Grin could've taken pointers from Bohemia Interactive with regards to either OFP or AA, then this would be a totally different game and thread altogether

awesome how you can access the editor at the drop of the hat, add items to the map then, hit a button to try it out in game.. great idea.

but mostly the open spaces and the ability to REALLY have tactical gameplay. I could attack ANY objective from any direction albeit, that the objectives have to be accomplished in order not open for trying out new things. so GRAW2 is kinda the same as that is concerned

PC version gets no lovin..., ...but X360 gets new map pack with [GR] maps

:bye:

This is all a conspiracy to get us... PC crowd to actually buy a x-box....I have to run now for the bathroom.....

I know it's money rules, but hey there is a small but very loyal fanbase here that really needs more maps in GRAW2. I don't want to buy COD4 or any other game, I wanna play GR but in a new jacket......

No new packs of anything is gonna get GR back on track. The games that now exist with the name 'Ghost Recon' in their title are 'ok' or maybe even 'good' games but they are just pale imitations of and half hearted attempts to re create the experience that Ghost Recon PC gave.

A J.S.Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Elvis, Sinatra or Beatles don't come along every day or even year. And neither does a Ghost Recon. For every 'great' there is always a hundred 'goods' and a thousand 'ok's in every createive field. Ghost Recon PC was Great. Everything since was not.

In fact the more connected a games development is with the GR franchise the less likely it is to re create what made that original game special. We will only get what we have all been waiting years for from something that comes out of the blue a little like GR did.

Speaking o which. I just played the Crysis demo and even on my old computer it looks amazing. The foliage is great, a good environment for a sneak em up/tactical em up game like GR. I know OE2 is in advanced development Rugg but your site doesnt give much away except constant saying that you can't disclose due to NDA's. Not your fault I know but although i'm 'techinically' impressed with Crysis i get bored by all the sci fi ness and i'm really looking forwad to some tac shooterage in the Crysis engine via OE2 or other games/mods.

Speaking o which. I just played the Crysis demo and even on my old computer it looks amazing. The foliage is great, a good environment for a sneak em up/tactical em up game like GR. I know OE2 is in advanced development Rugg but your site doesnt give much away except constant saying that you can't disclose due to NDA's. Not your fault I know but although i'm 'techinically' impressed with Crysis i get bored by all the sci fi ness and i'm really looking forwad to some tac shooterage in the Crysis engine via OE2 or other games/mods.

Don't get too excited about it. One of ours is running the Crysis demo on an e6800 w/dual 8800GTX's (he hacked the SLI so it would work) and he's getting a max of 35fps. I'm not sure I'm even gonna buy Crysis till OE2 is done.

Get Yer XBox360 lovin here...

I just saw the entry on the news page about the Xbox 360 version getting a new map pack with [GR] maps being converted. If this isn't some pretty clear evidence from Ubi that their platform of choice is consoles...

IF we get another patch it will most likely be just that... some bug fixes. No new maps. No new game modes. If you like rich content, buy a console and learn to FPS with a controller.

Ubi - Please just put a bullet in Mitchel's head and end this franchise with some dignity...

-John K.

In reply I would say going by the routine of press release and info that comes out that.

The console info has always been released first followed a month later by the pc info.

This routine has been normal for the Graw games.

If no press or otherwise has been officially stated after say six weeks, then perhapes its not going to happen.

We already know some more fixes were being dealt with by Grin, as far as I know this was passed on.

These fixes have not yet surfaced I can only assume other things are being worked on, this is why the delay and silence.

Or they are not and we will get no more updates.

I just saw the entry on the news page about the Xbox 360 version getting a new map pack with [GR] maps being converted. If this isn't some pretty clear evidence from Ubi that their platform of choice is consoles...

IF we get another patch it will most likely be just that... some bug fixes. No new maps. No new game modes. If you like rich content, buy a console and learn to FPS with a controller.

Ubi - Please just put a bullet in Mitchel's head and end this franchise with some dignity...

-John K.

In reply I would say going by the routine of press release and info that comes out that.

The console info has always been released first followed a month later by the pc info.

This routine has been normal for the Graw games.

If no press or otherwise has been officially stated after say six weeks, then perhapes its not going to happen.

We already know some more fixes were being dealt with by Grin, as far as I know this was passed on.

These fixes have not yet surfaced I can only assume other things are being worked on, this is why the delay and silence.

Or they are not and we will get no more updates.

Colin - I like your position on the topic... it will happen or it won't happen. :):thumbsup:

I think each day that goes by with nothing from GRiN (patch, news, a hello, etc) then there's a tiny fraction more chance that nothing will happen. I think there was some extrapolation of a post regarding a future patch but I don't believe there has been any official Ubi or GRIN statement saying anything is in the works. In the absence of any official statement then I personally tend to think nothing is coming. Just to be clear though.. I would LOVE Ubi or GRIN to post something officially stating we have something in the works. I think that might go a long way to keeping people involved with the community.

-John K.

Also last i knew they were working on the invalid characters not posting screenshots issue. * for example in our clan name will not let a server take a screenshot of us due to the bane if the player being the folder name. * cannot be used for a folder name.. try it. That was like 2 months ago...

They also were working on a server bug i pm'd. When you do a /print it will say there is an invalid name on the server... but it doesn't effect the script from working.

As far as Im aware Grin finished this patch about a month ago.

Its Ubisoft we are waiting on, if more content is being added then may be thats why the hold up is.

I can only suggest if you are haveing problems with the game you need to harras Ubisoft Tec Spt.

-John K.

Gee, this sounds familiar.

REALLY familiar.

Wonder if there might be something to that...