Ghost Recon.net Forums

Well I am righting grin to thank them for all the lack of support and the speedy rate of patches. LMAO :D But I have to say that with no official map and weapon packs and the lack of needy fixes Graw2 will die, and I can't wait till COD4.

In my opinion RvsA mode is the best thing Graw2 offers and people don't play it cause they either don't understand it or don't like the fact that it's about true teamwork. It could be cause they don't like getting owned and have to wait to respawn. LOL :devil::devil: Any rate until the final count i will hope grin gets things in gear.

OLD SCHOOL GAMER: BuFFaLo-SouLjaH :zorro:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RVSA is the best? HA! No respawns is where it is at.

Still missing functionality in the game GR had. UI, options, and scaling/optimizations still sucked but what can you expect with the budget, guidlines, and time UBI gave grin?

Its all good though cant play it myself right now. I actually liked it for the most part but jesus christ atleast they could bring back the UI from [GR] and options it had. 20 maps would of been nice too.

beg whine moan ###### complain all about wanting "options" for multiplayer and got some but still way to short. Needed more maps blah blah so forth....

It may be dieing already? I dunno it definitly isnt going to last as long as it should of!

It never really took off. A lot of people were burnt from GRAW 1 and didn't go for GRAW 2, while those of us who did are starting to get sick of it because most of us played GRAW 1. It's not like the tac-sim genre has a huge list of players to begin with, but when you ###### off half of them, that makes a HUGE dent in the number of players.

RVSA is a bit of a steep learning curve but once you know the maps and get a handle on the game play It can be a tactical treat. Once a game is rolling second guessing which adats need defending, or which to blow next keeps the game interesting, your thinking about the whole of the map all of the time.

It is sad to see the lack of interest from many people. Espcecially those who never even gave it a chance. But with the mods that have been released and the clan servers being updated with those mods the game is fun. I hated GRAW but absolutely love GRAW2 and when you play on quality servers with quality players it is challenging and a blast to play. It may die off or it may not who knows. I think GRAW left such a sour taste in many peoples mouths that GRAW2 never got looked at. I will continue playing it. My only arguement is the lack of in game squad control like [GR] and lack of in game VOIP. Those two features in BF2 is what made the game so fun.

Edited by WDA_x-o-dus
I can't wait till COD4.

P.S. The SP demo is out today (about 4.5 hours).

I see the gameplay with the sniper,and the camo he has,and "i lost my sleep" !!! :blink:

Waiting fo Cod,because graw2 abandoned :(

My best mode is R vs A also,and we need more maps,3-4 .

Or Coop Maps(prefer campaign Coop is any moder can make one )

It is sad to see the lack of interest from many people. Espcecially those who never even gave it a chance. But with the mods that have been released and the clan servers being updated with those mods the game is fun. I hated GRAW but absolutely love GRAW2 and when you play on quality servers with quality players it is challenging and a blast to play. It may die off or it may not who knows. I think GRAW left such a sour taste in many peoples mouths that GRAW2 never got looked at. I will continue playing it. My only arguement is the lack of in game squad control like [GR] and lack of in game VOIP. Those two features in BF2 is what made the game so fun.

I agree. Voip would of been so great for this game and the RvsA game mode. It's so sad because this technology is relatively old and GRIN should of have had zero trouble putting it in the game. I'm really hooked on RvsA mode but if there are some mods that I should look at please post them up bro.

I can't wait till COD4.

P.S. The SP demo is out today (about 4.5 hours).

I see the gameplay with the sniper,and the camo he has,and "i lost my sleep" !!! :blink:

Waiting fo Cod,because graw2 abandoned :(

My best mode is R vs A also,and we need more maps,3-4 .

Or Coop Maps(prefer campaign Coop is any moder can make one )

Yes more RvsA maps would be great! More weapon selections too. And if u have an xfire Invisible add me bro. xfire=buffalosouljah

I just played the COD4 demo and must say that if the multiplayer is as good, our group will move on to it

we are the founding Admins from BDA whom wanted to start something new and now have been sitting idle while the GRAW2 servers only have a few playing at one time.

I tried to keep the game going but there comes a time when you must move on, I really wanted our group to play

GRAW2 but the servers have been very quite as of late.

What ever games we play be it Crysis or COD4 we play on a Fiber optic Game rail server Quad core and all the bells and whistles so we will continue whatever game we play.

the lack of VOIP built in doomed it from teh start IMO. Chasing people around in RvsA when they can't hear you is fruitless. And dragging people to your Teampseak is like pulling teeth at times. Sure you get one or two every now and then. But it seems the vast majority of players (non clan tags) are playing with no VOIP and I dunno about the rest of you. But GRAW, or ANY tactical game with no VOIP kinda stinks, or begins to stink after a short time.

I still think it's a good game, hell I thought GRAW (once patched) was pretty good. We could really use a map pack or map download feature, or a map editor that didn't require a degree in grin physics for the average gray hair to learn.

kp

Yes I agree, Graw2 is a very good game, but the points you mention are valid, pulling teeth is exactly what it's like trying to get players with no taggs on VOIP (TS or other). We will keep it installed, just incase, but COD4 does look sweet from the SP Demo, the proof will be on 6th Nov.

Graw2 is special.

Graw2 is special.

Short bus riding window licking special?

:)

No, GRAW2 is more the nerdy kid that simply can't catch a break with friends or girls... they talked to him briefly at recess but there's just not enough there to catch on with the popular kids so he's left to walk the chain-link fence around the playground, counting prime number sequences to himself...

"Smart kid... too bad... he just doesn't seem too social though, does he?", one teacher comments to another while looking at little Graw from through the classroom window...

-John K.

Yes I agree, Graw2 is a very good game, but the points you mention are valid, pulling teeth is exactly what it's like trying to get players with no taggs on VOIP (TS or other). We will keep it installed, just incase, but COD4 does look sweet from the SP Demo, the proof will be on 6th Nov.

Graw2 is special.

:thumbsup: GRAW2 is good, but why has it not taken off? Read through this thread, and look at all the suggestions thrown out there by this community, who happens to love the "Ghost Recon" series.

GRAW2 Suggestions

Very little, if any of the suggestions that were given are implemented in to GRAW 2. VOIP also being one of the discussions. I don't blame Grin here, in my mind I would have to believe that Ubi just wanted another title in the series to be released asap for some quick $$$. That is their choice, and their right as a business. Now on the other hand, if they would have allowed Grin more time, maybe some of these suggestions could have been implemented, and this game could have been much bigger.

The lack of VOIP does not help to grow the community. Many "non team/clan" players are reluctant to join TS or vent. Its hard to play as a "TEAM" publicly when only a few people are on TS or Vent.

Netcode issues are still apparent, even though now it "looks" less laggy. Nice job almost fixing it, and disguising it, but the lag/sync issues are still here to a degree.

1. Multiple insertion zones on each map with random or set insertion option

Note, start up GR if you do not understand what I mean. In GR you had 12 spawn scenarios EACH MAP T vs T! instead of the only 2 spawn scenarios in GRAW 1 and GRAW 2

This will increase variability through:

1) not knowing where enemy has spawned

2) increased variability of direction of firefights, use covers, strategy etc.

3) replayability of each map and pure fun of gaming.

The GRAW maps were all large enough and could have fitted 4 zones easily.

2. More punishment for being hit

Immediate effect - more pronounced viewspinn, loss of "scoped in" view, random fall etc

Permanent or long lasting effect - Limp, slow reload etc

3. Replays

How many times does this have to be brought up until it is implemented?

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

Good question Cell. It would be intresting to know if this is what GRiN wanted? Is GRAW2 as GRiN intended it or did they have other plans for GRAW2 but were stopped by UBI? What happened really?

It would be nice if they (GRIN) would explain to us what realy happened.

They don't even have to use a 'real' name :ph34r: to answer us....

But then again,how would we know if the guy responding is the 'real 'thing and not a joker :hmm:

Only a cpl of weeks til release of COD4,time is tickking...TIK TOK GRIN.

It would be nice if they (GRIN) would explain to us what realy happened.

They don't even have to use a 'real' name :ph34r: to answer us....

But then again,how would we know if the guy responding is the 'real 'thing and not a joker :hmm:

Only a cpl of weeks til release of COD4,time is tickking...TIK TOK GRIN.

Legal agreements and such will ensure we never learn what differences, if any, exist between GRiN's intent and Ubi's directives. We have what we have, and the GR.net admins have made it clear that we are not to actually ask GRiN directly for updates / feedback / commentary / etc.

If you like GRAW2 the way it is today, play it and enjoy. If you don't like what it is today, don't count on getting anything else because, 1) we're not supposed to be from asking, and 2) GRiN is prevented from commenting in the first place.

Even this forum is dying a slow death... CoD4 might be the death-blow for GRAW2 based on comments I'm reading about the beta. It is certainly on my purchase list...

-John K.

The demo plays like CoD2. Whether it's your cup of tea or not is your decision. The Dragunov is wayyy too easy to use. So now we'll have M/P with snipers hidden better and a campfest.

I won't be buying it.

Good point, but I like a lot of different styles of gameplay... I enjoyed a 2 hour BattleField 2 fest last night for the first time in a long time, but I played an hour of [GR] afterward. CoD is similar... I can enjoy it for awhile as well but it's certainly not an [GR] / GRAW2 style game.

The primary point I think was this - for several weeks / a few months GRAW2 enjoyed the game-o-sphere with little competition. Now we're getting new games hitting the shelves with no updates / content / news about GRAW2. That's bad news for GRAW2 and I'm seeing a continued diminishing of the MP playground as well.

-John K.

I agree kretzj,

A game is not about a total simulation, or is it a game if it becomes a simulator, there is a balance. I tried COD4 SP and found it fun and very well done, the blend and mix of styles gave an immersion factor that didn't require 100% opinion based perfection. I liked the weapons (that were on display), on par with GRAW2, I also liked the statement by Infinity Award that COD 4 has over 65+ levels of single player action in various fields of combat which GRAW2 defiantly fell short of with it's 10 levels. Also I liked the point in single player that after level 3, custom kits are unlocked if you reach a certain level of ability, nice touch (I never liked set kits as the only option).

Overall the biggest kick in the pants for GRAW is the community playing it, I monitor it regularly and never see the server total exceed 300-400 max. The content that came was very good but slim and the flexibility of the storyline was a monologue, if you like Mexico your good to go.

viii