OE2 characters different?

Lightspeed

The characters in OE were modded from the original FarCry grunts/mercs and while they were OK back then I did always think that they looked a bit cheesy, like cartoon characters.

Has OE2 developed a realistic looking soldier for this mod?

And not the robots of Crysis2 nor the robots of GRAW2.

I want to see soldiers that look like soldiers preferably.

Maybe a Screenshot? :thumbsup:

No way to know, lightspeed. A pro quality character of the spec of Crysis usually takes about a month, maybe less, depending on how much you photochop (/cheat :P) on.

Anyway, they could have made those characters already, they could have them WIP, they could have them mostly done but still be messing with some crysisy shadery stuff, or they could just not have started (or even recruited) for it yet.

It's really hard to say. Traditionally, a very organized team or a pro game would do characters first, but i dunno if OE2 is doing it that way.

no way to know?

im sure suli or cuz or soroc or ruggbutt would already know.

But it's not in their best interest to tell you, and they don't come around here very often. When they want to release character art (if they've done any) they'll release it, and past that asking doesn't do anygood.

im sorry i thought this was the crysis2 forums including crysis2 mods including oe2.........

im asking the question...........

you dont know so you dont need to answer.............

if the Polishing Weevils do know, and they see the post, and they want to answer........they can.................

im sorry i thought this was the crysis2 forums including crysis2 mods including oe2.........

im asking the question...........

you dont know so you dont need to answer.............

if the Polishing Weevils do know, and they see the post, and they want to answer........they can.................

Well i dont think there going to tell you because on there web site there are seeking texture artists and they will have to singe and end user agrement and an NDA. so dont expect much of an answer if any :huh:

thanx Soroc i knew id get the answer - and excellent news that they will be more realistic then the FarCry grunts - and i hope you dont think i meant that i didnt like the OE grunts - but i think you know what i meant (Ghosts on steroids)

heh...you have to remember that just about the only thing we focused on for OE1 was the gameplay and the maps. That's where 80% of the work went. A few weapons got modeled, and the characters got reskinned for better cammo, and that was pretty much it. OE2 on the other hand is a total conversion. There is very little from Crysis we are borrowing besides vegetation and some terrain textures. We've averaged 10-14 modelers working at all times on the mod for a year now. The trickle of content we have shared doesn't do the modeler's work justice.

I mean, you gotta have *some* surprises, eh? If you think you've seen what we have, we'll be releasing some teaser video footage in the 4th quarter to show that you are mistaken. :devil: