Has GR 4 been in production for years already?

Bare with me.

First everyone has heard the rumour that the next GR will be a RSE only affair.

Couple that with the widespread belief that the GRAW games were stop gaps handed out to individual companies just to keep people interested in the Ghost Recon franchise and to earn extra cash. I mean GRAW and GRAW2 had about 3-4 different developers doing the work ( with RSE only doing the MP on Xbox 360 and porting it to the MP of PS3 ). Now at the moment it's all hearsay. But add this:

http://www.xboxic.com/news/413

it says:

Xbox360Fanboy found a shady unsourced list of upcoming Ubisoft titles on VisionPS3. Covering the full year ahead until spring 2007 it contains 15 planned Xbox 360 titles. Lots of sequels, lots of Tom Clancy, and some new stuff seem to be in pipeline:

Tom Clancy’s Firehawk (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - March 2007

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP) - November 2006

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Xbox, PS2) - March 2007

Assassin (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP) - March 2007

Game 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - Spring 2007

Alive (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - Spring 2007

Naruto (Xbox 360)

Rayman 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PS2, handheld) - November 2006

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Brothers in Arms 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Nintendo Revolution, DS ) - February 2007

Ninja Turtles (PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Revolution, PC, handheld) - Spring 2007

Highway Battles (Xbox 360)

Enchant Arms (Xbox 360) - July 2006

Blazing Angel 1.5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox) - November 2006

Ghost Recon 3 Mission Pack (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and PSP)

This was posted on the 10th of March 2006

Before the Ghost Recon Mission pack ( GRAW 2 ) was announced for PS3, PC and PSP. Now look to Tom Clancys Firehawk. What the hell is that. Well an as yet unamed flight game based on the Tom Clancy universe has been announced.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163189

If it is named Firehawk then we know that Ghost Recon 4 is so far into production that they expected it to be released in march 2007. So therefore it must be many years into production now.

So am i putting 2 and 2 together and getting 7 or am i putting 2 and 2 together and getting Ghost Recon 4

Edited by BS PALADIN

I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4: Ghost Recon 4 = GRAW2.

I read about that Firehawk title somewhere but I've forgotten all about what it was supposed to be.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Actually Ghost Recon 3 mission pack is GRAW 2. But its a common mistake to think that but GRAW 1 never came out for PS3 so the GR3 mission pack is GRAW 2.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4: Ghost Recon 4 = GRAW2.

I read about that Firehawk title somewhere but I've forgotten all about what it was supposed to be.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Actually Ghost Recon 3 mission pack is GRAW 2. But its a common mistake to think that but GRAW 1 never came out for PS3 so the GR3 mission pack is GRAW 2.

That could be a logical conclusion yes, but I think that's just typo or a goof. I'm pretty sure they listed map/expansion packs and full games separately. GR3 Mission Pack is indeed the map pack (or whatever they called it) for GRAW1. Note that this list is quite old. The Wii is still being referred to as the "Revolution".

And Firehawk is has apparently been renamed as Tom Clancy's Air Combat.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Maybe Cosmic Recon Space Invaders will be announced by Dec 2007?

featuring:

• One map for MP only called "space corridor" (i.e., a long sterile brightly en lighted tunnel at a Mexican Rebel Space station)
  • One MP Death-match gamemode only "C & C" (Chaos and Cosmos)
  • One insertion zone only. You will always insert on top of the enemy (or vice versa in a totally predictive fashion)...
  • One balanced plasma-blaster gun only
  • No damage model at all, you can't simply die or be wounded due to the high tech full body protective suit,
    2024 light diodes at bottom screen will show how many hits you've taken (but naturally will not affect your ability to move, aim and shoot accurately)
  • No chat or stats at all
  • You have to pull the plug to exit game.

:P (sry just felt like being a bit sarcastic...)

Keep going GRIN. Still play and enjoy GRAW2 Looking forward to the next patch :thumbsup:

I will not be buying another Grin/GR franshize/ Ubisoft game till I’m convinced they can finish what they start.

I am tired of hearing all of the pathetic excuses why we got what we have, budget, time allocated, etc, etc.

It seems to me, these people expect consumers to pay full price for a low budget funded game, well, the buck stops here.

I will not be buying another Grin/GR franshize/ Ubisoft game till I’m convinced they can finish what they start.

I am tired of hearing all of the pathetic excuses why we got what we have, budget, time allocated, etc, etc.

It seems to me, these people expect consumers to pay full price for a low budget funded game, well, the buck stops here.

Same hear. It'll definately be a case of try before i buy.

I wouldn't know about low budget production. As far as I can see, GRAW2 is actually a well-made game. Not so sure about post-release support though.

Not that I'm particularly happy about GRAW2, but that has more to do with what kind of game it is than any lack of production value.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Anyone have the feeling Grin is working on another up in coming project, or maybe an expansion. I haven't seen Wolfsong posting for ages and the only really active Grin member here has been Wiking. When Grin gets quiet eithe one of 3 things happen

Big patch with map pack

Expansion or new release in the works

or UBI gagged them.

I love rumors so lets get this going lol! ;)

Krise, I guess I used the wrong terminology, instead of using the words†low budgetâ€; I should of said,†Limited budgetâ€, I stand corrected.

No worries :) What I'm saying though, is that GRAW2 may or may not have had a smaller-than-usual budget, though it looks fairly OK to me. But eventually it doesn't matter because the real issue is that GRAW2 (like GRAW1) is not really a tac-sim but rather a linear action shooter with pretensions. I'm not really sure GRIN could make a true tac-sim, even if they had the biggest budget in the world. Not that GRIN are bad at game development, I just don't believe they understand what a tac-sim really is.

Respectfully

krise madsen

GRAW 2 is not a "mission/ expansion pack" for PC. At least it wasn't presented that way. I would think by the release date that was predicted there, GR4 = GRAW2. The GRAW1 mission pack for 360 IS a misson pack. PC players haven't received a mission/expansion pack since Island Thunder, unless you consider patching GRAW and adding 2 MP maps a mission pack.

Wasn't the next in the series supposed to be "end wars" Which combines Splintercell Ghost recon and RS?

I think End War is an RTS, not necessarily a next in the series or what most of us are looking for.

I'll go out on a limb, so you can see how my super duper powers of foresight are:

Ghost Recon 5/GRAW3 = Spring(which really means late summer to early fall) 08

Ghost Recon 6/[GR:FS]= Spring(which really means late summer to early fall) 09

Ghost Recon 7/GRAW5 = Spring(which really means late summer to early fall) 2010

Pat me on the back for my superhuman talent of predicting upcoming releases. :ermm:

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

This is all I have to add:

Hey there

I've been a bit disconnected from GRAW2 lately since I've been put on another project, but what I can say is that we still have people working on GRAW2. But as usual it's up to Ubi to decide what gets released and when. So, as far as I know there will still be updates delivered when Ubi finds it necessary or we have enough stuff done to warrant a release. But if there are any bigger releases, as in expansions or map packs a.s.o., planned I unfortunately don't know. I wish I had more information to give you.

By the way, thanks GRIN for the response... I will keep the person who sent me this information hidden.. jus incase.. I have no further information other then what is written above.. so speculate as you will ;)

Anyone have the feeling Grin is working on another up in coming project, or maybe an expansion. I haven't seen Wolfsong posting for ages and the only really active Grin member here has been Wiking. When Grin gets quiet eithe one of 3 things happen

Big patch with map pack

Expansion or new release in the works

or UBI gagged them.

I love rumors so lets get this going lol! ;)

Think they've stop already supporting the game? well havent seen any of them in the forum. Replying anyone posts.

featuring:

• One map for MP only called "space corridor" (i.e., a long sterile brightly en lighted tunnel at a Mexican Rebel Space station)
  • One insertion zone only. You will always insert on top of the enemy (or vice versa in a totally predictive fashion)...
  • No damage model at all, you can't simply die or be wounded due to the high tech full body protective suit,
    2024 light diodes at bottom screen will show how many hits you've taken (but naturally will not affect your ability to move, aim and shoot accurately)

Keep going GRIN. Still play and enjoy GRAW2 Looking forward to the next patch :thumbsup:

don't forget, the option for your enemy to spawn at your spawn zone to kill everyone in plain sight.

featuring:

:rofl: this is just too funny.