Just reinstalled Ghost Recon AWESOME!

Haven't played it for about a year as my pc isn't good enough for the new ones and i have a 360 so i've been playing GRAW 1 & 2 on them.

I own GRAW2 online and find it a tad boring now.

Any woo i reinstalled GR1 last night on the pc and my sister setup surround sound for her pc AND OMG!

GR1 sounds SO AWESOME! on surround sound!

I grabbed out my old mod discs and re-installed WoW3 (my all time fav GR1 mod) and am currently upto the 3rd mission, and of course im playing the campaign on Elite the way it should be played ;).

God GRAW2 is nowhere near as good as this hot piece of army tactial warfare!

The firefights are awesome.

I use to be addicted to the Alpha Squad server for years but there all into Arma now, but i might get back into it online.

The only thing is i don't get much time on my sisters pc.

God GR1 is THE best game i've EVER played!

• 2 months later...

I dunno if you are familiar with using the AI Backup in multiplayer. If you click spawns--None there's a box you can check for backup that fills in the platoons with AI like in single missions. (You probably already know this) You can command them, use them the same as in single player.

I like to use them for the added tactical possibilities, and for staying in the action, as it eliminates all running from spawn. You can have a team on recon in one area while you are busy with others elsewhere. Or set them to have to do all of the running through the empty map.

Harntrox created an awesome gametype in Mission HX, (a 2mb mod, my favorite of all) it's called MHX 27. It allows you to open up 2-3 blue platoons in coop. That means you and a couple other players can each have your own command of a 9 man platoon. It makes for some of the funnest, most intense, and tactical cooperative gameplay. With the one drawback being that other game types are not as much fun afterward.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...&hl=random#

Aside from all of that, Mission HX is a Random Mission Generator, which includes all of the best random variables that harntrox (One of the very best GR scripters) has ever created including Random: Mission Objectives, Objective Placement, Mine Placement, Enemy Placement (enemy patrol paths), Insertion/Extraction Locations

A clear insertion in a 150m radius, enemy arrayed in fireteams & smarter + more aggressive.

And to get it all working on any map basicly every try. It's simply awesome to me.

You can play this mod on any new map pack you want to try and you will get out of it what you got out of GR when you first started playing only much better. You will have your current skills and be fighting on a level higher than when you started, yet be challenged each mission.

Also, with the random variables you no longer have to/ or can rely upon memorization for mission completion. The mod offers/forces you to be able to rely on and develop your tactical capabilities, making you sharper than any scripted mission ever could. It takes realism to a whole. new. lev-el. :rocky:

Anyway, if you want don't hesitate to contact me. It's always good to find players who like to play tactically.

MSN Messenger mromee@msn.com

Xfire Messenger 'markami'

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm thinking of getting me and my friend the Gold Edition because he won't play GRAW 2 and he would play GRAW but he just doesn't feel like installing it. I find GRAW 2 way too boring and GRAW has its perks but I remember playing GR on PS2(I know I know) for the first time one Christmas and I was so hooked. But when GR2 came out, I vowed never to play any more console games ever again. I've heard nothing but good things about [GR] on PC. Only thing I could ask for is a skin mod for ACUs because I love that uniform. But GR on PS2 wasn't much different from the PC version because my friend had it on PC and lost it and he said the main difference is you got a few more guys. I'm looking forward to the wide array of weapons like the 240, M60, M4, and all the other greats. But I want to bring the fun back over the winter break before I begin studying Spanish. And I love the M416 in GRAW 2 but game play's more important to me than today's weapons. That's it from me.

The first time I ever played [GR] was on the PS 2, and it was great. The PC version is even better. I mean the mod variety is unbelievable.

The wide array of weapons, skins, and maps for [GR] on the PC make the Gold Edition a good buy for anyone who has enjoyed the PS 2 version.

Yeah that's another reason I moved to PC games. I love all the mods. Now if I could only get a hold of my friend, I could decide whether or not he's gonna be playing with me. If not, I'm still getting it causeI can't stand just 3 or 4 missions in each GRAW. I've seen mods for just about every camo and every weapon I'm interested in. Even the M110 SASS which was adopted by the US Army in Afghanistan in the last year or so. That hasn't even been put into GRAW but I heard modding in GRAW and [GR] are completely different things and I don't know the first thing about modding so I'm not complaining. Just can't wait to get this game. Have some oldschool fun. Gonna be so different battling Russians and whatnot instead of Mexican rebels. Gonna be different in a fun way though.

Yeah that's another reason I moved to PC games. I love all the mods. Now if I could only get a hold of my friend, I could decide whether or not he's gonna be playing with me. If not, I'm still getting it causeI can't stand just 3 or 4 missions in each GRAW. I've seen mods for just about every camo and every weapon I'm interested in. Even the M110 SASS which was adopted by the US Army in Afghanistan in the last year or so. That hasn't even been put into GRAW but I heard modding in GRAW and [GR] are completely different things and I don't know the first thing about modding so I'm not complaining. Just can't wait to get this game. Have some oldschool fun. Gonna be so different battling Russians and whatnot instead of Mexican rebels. Gonna be different in a fun way though.

copy that

I like the tactical possibilities of [GR]. In multiplayer there's an option that allows players to command a platoon together like in single player PS 2. And there's a an excellent mod that allows you and other players to have command of up to three 9 soldier platoons in coop.

Let me know when you get it, if you want I would be glad to point out some of the best mods. Also, we could try out some coop sometime. :o=

Yeah same here Roco. My friend hates it though cause it made him almost never wanna play a PC game again even though that's all he's ever really played. But I'm getting GR:GE because it's three game and each has more than just 4 fun missions. Not to mention a lot of mods. I don't get on x fire that much but my id is "mwgfghost" or "MWGF-Ghost" Me and my friend used to do nothing but watch Navy SEAL documentaries and that's how we got our squad tags. Men With Green Faces.

My mates and I also went back and tried [GR] a short while back. Brings up a lot of good memories. Hours and hours of missions played and a lot of memorable engagements.

BTW, for those seeking an ACU mod, may I suggest this one? :whistle: You can also find a modified version and for those with a taste for it, . :D

Well although me and my friend aced a few of the games on PS2 on Elite, I'm still starting off as recruit cause one: it's PS2 and 2: I haven't played GR since I was about 19 and I'm 21 goin on 22 in March. But I think I'll get the hang of it pretty quickly and I finally got hold of my friend and he said he's definately down for [GR] on PC so I'm getting it ASAP. How do I do that? Keep starting new pages! LOL

Edited by mwgfghost

Yeah me and my friend just ordered Gold Edition and I already downloaded the zips/rar files for some of the mods so I'm set. Just can't wait to have fun again. We used to love GRAW and then GRAW 2 came out and we couldn't even stand the sight of either of the AWs. Just not fans of root beer(lame joke) So I decided we're gonna kick it old school and he agreed. So it's time for a lil [GR] action. Might even set a pic of the game as my desktop and whenever somebody asks what it is, I'll say "What a game's supposed to be shazam!" I'm just psyched cause me and my friend have been struggling for years to find a good game we'd both rock at and we've found a few but [GR] is what brought us together as a gaming duo.

Just tried to play the original campaign at elite level (with no saving and no TI) with Udmurtia Spetsnaz activated.Great fun but also lost 3 men and took 26:36 minutes to complete the first mission, I guess I'm a bit rusty :P

Plan on trying the missions supplied with Udmurtia that way? :)

mig :ph34r:

Just reinstalled it now i've got my widescreen monitor and wow, takes me right back to when I first installed it, only bigger and less jerky, time to get some missions in I think.

I upgraded my pc recently Crowman, and GR is a completely different game. Isn't widescreen a beautiful thing?

What you said about bringing the [GR] feeling back brings to mind MHX.

If you want a good mod, try Mission HX. Not only is it packed with some of the best random elements you'll ever see in a game, it creates one of the most tactically challenging experiences I've had, AND works on basicly all maps for GR.

It also has a gametype called HX 27.

This allows for up to 3 blue platoons in coop. Which means that each player can play with the command of an individual 9 man platoon, like in single player campaign mode. Only on steroids! :o=

On new maps the only thing you have to hold onto are your tactics, no memorization of anything. It's crazy, and it really brings back the feeling of GR when I first started playing. It only takes 2 players to have a tactically challenging time, which is great since it's tough to find and time games with lots of players.

www.dragmods.org 2MB

I really need to get a new monitor. I've had this Gateway EV730 since I was 14. I'm now 21 LOL. That's so horrible. Same with my keyboard and speakers. But everything in the tower should run [GR] with ease. Can't wait til next week. Me and my friend are gonna kick it old school with some [GR] COOP. Not sure which gun I wanna use. Sounds are so sweet. M4. The MG sounds were my faves. No game ever got the M60 right like GR did. That and the M4. Nailed it. I'd love to name more but I'm fadin out so I'm gonna go.