SP Demo - 11 October 07

Lightspeed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky's one paragraph 10 minute before-bed review.

Intro movie, awesome. Graphics options, very detailed, obviously PC specific. Gameplay, freaking intense. Character Animation, super smooth. Character textures/skins - jury is out, for the most part they were JET black, like cell shaded ninja's running around. When I did get a glimpse of camo it looked okay. Gameplay, freaking intense, and obviously extremely linear and scripted. Performance, ran really well on my ageing P4 3.0Ghs 7800 AGP system, minimal slowdown on medium settings.

Did I say it was intense?

'nite.

You were not kidding when you said this, "and obviously extremely linear and scripted".

Too fast Im getting old.

I hope the MP is a lot better.

SP is as i expected - awful.

i guess there is a market for these games, high level scriptign to pack in plenty of entertainment and special FX but personally i hate it.

im banking on the MP, and hopefully the option to create some COOP mods.

the graffix, weapons etc are all gr8 but that scripting...omfg.

there is an endless supply of them until you move forward.

i know and it's so cheesy - plus the fact that your guys dont actually be shooting anything.

there is scripting and then there is scripting - COD is just ridiculous.

but if they nail the MP, then all is forgiven.

GRAW2 wins on the SP front....but should be beaten on the MP.

GR beats both on the SP - and the COOP - and still possibly the MP. what a game.....

Image GRAW3 set in the same theater as COD4: All that going on all around you, the screaming, explosions, gunfire, but you operate entirely behind the scenes. Moving in and out of firefights between US and rebel forces, all the while remaining hidden, only engaging when absolutely necessary. Just like SF. Just like...ghosts....

THAT would be INTENSE.

I quiet enjoyed the SP Demo, as I did COD 2. Not sure why anyone would compare it to Ghost Recon though?

Anyhow, good stuff.

:hehe:

Yes, it really is fun, and about as far from GR as Madden '08. But I think the setting would be neat for a SF operation. People commented in GRAW 1 & 2 how the settings were always abandoned, and how the rebels would not notice nearby gunshots & explosions. Just add an all-out war and *poof* problem solved.

Just to go back to the character animation for a sec, it is about as lifelike as you can get I'd say.

At one point one of the AI got caught running up the stairs by a tango, at first I froze when I saw them fighting hand to hand LOL! Then I took careful aim and shot the bad guy, once he dropped to the floor the AI guy put two more rounds in him before running on up the stairs. That was a cool little piece.

I must admit I am a bit of a "clear everything before you move on" sort of guy, but as said earlier in the thread, you can't really do that in this, you have to keep pushing forward all the time.

CoD has always been extremely scripted. I don't see any reason why anyone would think that Infinity Ward would change anything.

In terms of Multiplayer, it's fairly fast paced so if you're looking for anything slower like GR you're not going to like it very much. Using ironsights does give an advantage over not using them, except for maybe at very close quarters where you can just aim in the general direction. You've got to constantly keep on the move as well to avoid someone coming up behind you. You could try to hide and shoot from afar like GR, but in multiplayer CoD someone WILL find you. Especially since kill-cam is back in the game.

Edit: This is from experience from playing CoD2 MP (on PC at least). If you've played the CoD4 MP in the Xbox beta or something and it's different, please let us know.

Edited by GrimeyAK

Intense, extremely scripted, linear, mindless entertainment. >_< Are these games fun for me? Sure, but after one time through their dust magnets. So it would only be worth about a $10 purchase price to me. :hmm: On the other hand they do stay true to their fan base. Could you imagine the uproar if they made it play like the real Ghost Recon! w00t Man would that be great.

At one point one of the AI got caught running up the stairs by a tango, at first I froze when I saw them fighting hand to hand LOL! Then I took careful aim and shot the bad guy, once he dropped to the floor the AI guy put two more rounds in him before running on up the stairs. That was a cool little piece.

If u let the bad guy fight he will take the Marine out w a knife wich is a pretty cool :) animation.

I love animations in the game.

It runs so smooth...All the smokes n stuff going..Its all good and well done..

I turn up a brightness ingame to appreciate the graphics.

Personally i love it..Im impressed.

Its COD. It is scripted and I dunno why some ppl makies comparisons w GR series.

Thw game is pre-ordered.Cant wait.

Niveau grapĥique GRIN peut aller se rhabiller.

So I just checked what the differences are between my screens and others posted and noticed this shiny stuff. So I went through the settings and turned Specular Mapping On and voila - bloody awesome and it still is running like a dream. Can't wait for first day-time missions but for now I'm impressed what performance and graphics this game delivers on my GF 6800 Ultra. Way 2 go IW.

I had it on reserve on Fileplanet, but it's available now. You can play with bots in Instant Action or online. There's four game modes and three maps total. Two maps are for Deathmatch, TDM, and Duel, and the third is for Vehicle CTF.

My PC runs it fairly well with resolution at 1280x1024 and detail settings on 4 out of 5. My average fps is about 40. It's at least 10fps higher than when I the detail is at 5.