I have several holes in my body to put ammos

I'd like the option of choosing two primary weapons from the kit selection and just not taking the sidearm in the first place.

The drop / pick up idea was a SORELY needed feature, but again the way it was implemented leaves a bit to be desired.

:nono:

I'd rather have just a primary, sidearm, and backpack item without the ability to pick up other weapons or their ammunition, but that's just me.

:thumbsup:

It's not just you. I don't even acknowlege the secondary slot (the halo slot). The first step I take when loading out is removing the secondary weapon. I don't even look to see what it is, I just double-click that sucker and remove it.

If I'm a sniper on a mission, then I don't load up on weapons, I take a ******* rifleman with me.

As far as the amount of ammo given, I think GRIN got it just right, if not slightly on the generous side. It does go fast if you do any suppressive firing, but managing your ammo is a huge part of what little realism and tension is left in GR.

And BTW, each one of those primary weapons you guys want to be able to run around with weighs about 7 to 10 lbs. Add about 1.2 lbs each additional mag, so a second primary with 5 mags = about 14 lbs.

GR:HALO loadout: :showoff:

1. primary + mags + m203 + 4 nades = 25lbs

2. another primary + mags = 14lbs

3. 4 frags = 8lbs

4. zeus (+warhead) = about 20lbs

5. science fiction graw body armour = only about 25lbs

that's about a hundred lbs, or 45kg.

Proper loadout: :snipe:

(or M14 + 4 mags = 18lbs)

2. sidearm = 4 mags = 5lbs

3. 4 frags = 8lbs

5. body armour = 25lbs

total = about 75-80lbs

Yes I was bored.

Edited by doubletap

I don't know...the thought of someone with a GL being able to pick up an M99 as a second gun in MP just doesn't appeal to me at all...

This could really summarize the reason why you're not allowed to carry more than one weapon from each type. There has to be trade offs for each choice you make with the load out.

I'd like the option of choosing two primary weapons from the kit selection and just not taking the sidearm in the first place.

The drop / pick up idea was a SORELY needed feature, but again the way it was implemented leaves a bit to be desired.

:nono:

I'd rather have just a primary, sidearm, and backpack item without the ability to pick up other weapons or their ammunition, but that's just me.

It's not just you. I don't even acknowlege the secondary slot (the halo slot). The first step I take when loading out is removing the secondary weapon. I don't even look to see what it is, I just double-click that sucker and remove it.

If I'm a sniper on a mission, then I don't load up on weapons, I take a ******* rifleman with me.

As far as the amount of ammo given, I think GRIN got it just right, if not slightly on the generous side. It does go fast if you do any suppressive firing, but managing your ammo is a huge part of what little realism and tension is left in GR.

And BTW, each one of those primary weapons you guys want to be able to run around with weighs about 7 to 10 lbs. Add about 1.2 lbs each additional mag, so a second primary with 5 mags = about 14 lbs.

GR:HALO loadout: :showoff:

2. another primary + mags = 14lbs

3. 4 frags = 8lbs

5. science fiction graw body armour = only about 25lbs

that's about a hundred lbs, or 45kg.

Proper loadout: :snipe:

(or M14 + 4 mags = 18lbs)

2. sidearm = 4 mags = 5lbs

3. 4 frags = 8lbs

5. body armour = 25lbs

total = about 75-80lbs

Yes I was bored.

The body armor isn't science fiction, some of the functions oh yes are science fiction, but no, much of it's reality and still in testing, Crye is working on that little piece.

But more often than not, I usually mod the 5.56 weapons to have around 9 mags + 1 in the well. I like the fact that my guys might need some extra ammo, and for the actually long maps, it's necessary to not have to worry about reloading. Then again I also drop the secondary weapon that's defaulted. Just additional weight that can be allocated to frags or smoke grenades, or an optic/GL, or silencer.

But more often than not, I usually mod the 5.56 weapons to have around 9 mags + 1 in the well. I like the fact that my guys might need some extra ammo, and for the actually long maps, it's necessary to not have to worry about reloading.

I can appreciate that from the video game perspective, but in GR "worrying about reloading" is part of what makes it realistic and as a GR fan that's exactly what I want. Not having to consider ammo usage is just a couple steps short of using God mode.

I agree with whoever already said that the default ammo is just fine, GRIN got it right. I want the game to make me think about how I use the ammo. I'm not saying my way is right and yours is wrong (well, yes I am actually, lol) but I think if someone wants more ammo than the default they should have to mod it themselves, not expect GRIN to make the game any less realistic than it is.

But more often than not, I usually mod the 5.56 weapons to have around 9 mags + 1 in the well. I like the fact that my guys might need some extra ammo, and for the actually long maps, it's necessary to not have to worry about reloading.

I can appreciate that from the video game perspective, but in GR "worrying about reloading" is part of what makes it realistic and as a GR fan that's exactly what I want. Not having to consider ammo usage is just a couple steps short of using God mode.

I agree with whoever already said that the default ammo is just fine, GRIN got it right. I want the game to make me think about how I use the ammo. I'm not saying my way is right and yours is wrong (well, yes I am actually, lol) but I think if someone wants more ammo than the default they should have to mod it themselves, not expect GRIN to make the game any less realistic than it is.

It would not be unrealistic to carry extra ammo instead of something else, like in GR1. In fact that's exactly what you do IRL. You could "worry" less about your ammo, just as in the real world, but because of weight limitations you would have to go without nades or something. But this is a squad based game, the player is not supposed to carry all the **** himself/herself. The military has no supportdemogunnersnipers.

Edited by doubletap

Well not worrying about reloading means you got the ammo to use on hand to get the mission done. I can go through Joining Forces, Recon in Force, without the pesky MULE, and quite honestly don't see the value in it since it was implemented on such small maps anyways. But I guess experience reflects on how you approach things, like going on patrol with 9-10 mags on the body, with 7 more in the Humvee just in case... so I approach it that way, but realistically.. I can usually go through most missions anyways with firing about 3-5 mags (Get me Rosen I average 1, maybe two if I set off the alarm). Having 9 mags is just a good way of knowing how to still manage your beans and bullets :thumbsup: and having enough to make it happen.