So you want new kits with more frags? Done.

theef contacted me today to ask how to make a new set of kits, so as I told him the steps of how to do I realized that the things I didnt know before I suddenly knew now.

so its not perfect and it is a mod so you can only run one mod at a time - but it's made.

now you just have to tell me how you want it edited = majority rules.

As you know, I like balanced weapons ingame - in doing so it makes players think about which weapons they want to take - if you take this powerful weapons you dont get this one - every benefit = tradeoff.

This is what I have so far -

DEMO -

Advantage - Two nades now.

Disadvantage - Primary and secondary kits = 2 mags/clips only = 4 total.

ASSAULT -

Advantage - 2 hand frags

Disadvantage - Primary Kit - 2 mags/clips only. Secondary - 3clips if loud / 2 clips if silent.

RIFLEMAN -

Advantage - Plenty of Mags/Clips for Primary/Secondary.

Disadvantage - No frags or smoke.

SUPPORT -

Advantage - 1 Smoke / 1 Handfrag / Support / Secondary

Disadvantage - One could argue the Wide Reticule is a big disadvantage..

SNIPER -

Advantage - Sniper Rifle / Smoke x 2 .

Disadvantage - CQB.

Now this is just the foundation - so I will be tweaking this further. Input is important.

Edited by SCE_Lightspeed

found the first fault ingame - if u change grenade launcher from 1 to 2 this is what happens:

ingame you will switch to GL and you will have one in the chamber plus the two that you wanted in reserve.

so basically - you can have 1 or 3

or 1 and frags or smoke.

Edited by SCE_Lightspeed

Hey you guys do work a lot on mods and its good for you but looking at all the posts i think that peeps want to choose there kit as per graw 1 unfortunatley we maybe didnt express this enough in the "things we want in graw 2 thread" so Grin missed the one of the most important things, or maybe they didnt:)

good luck with the mod anyways.

not everyone checks the modding forums do they?

i was asking what kits ppl wanted so i thought it appropriate to put it in general forums.

the way i rebalanced the setup was with restricting GL's in mind, plus encouraging people to use assault and rifleman classes.

all demo kits get only 1 m203 nade and no optical sights on primaries or secondaries.

all assault kits get 3 frags, 3 smokes, frontgrips and no optical sights.

all rifleman kits get 1 frag, 1 smoke, optical sights for both primaries and secondaries.

support and snipers also get 1 frag, 1 smoke, and i decreased the M99 clips from 20 to 5 to discourage people from using it.

so far, i haven't found anything in either mp_ranks, rules, or settings files, that would interfere with my slightly adjusted kits. i do believe the problem is that mp_templates.xmb file that i keep trying to recompile and the bundler gives me an error. if i could create a new one, that would complete the mod.

EDIT: well, this sucks. i got the bundler to recompile the mp_templates.xml correctly, but as soon as i try to create the server, the game crashes. i just changed 1 tiny thing, the number of clips in one kit, and it crashes

Crash in application version: 30621.2989

Archive::checked_read() Attempt to read past end of archive 'data\lib\managers\xml\mp_templates.xml'

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Wiking, help please!

Edited by th33f.

If I recall correctly, one of the GRIN guys (wolfsong maybe) stated that you can't overwrite the existing kits. You can however create new definitions. So if you changed the existing ones that might be your problem. Make new ones and use those in the ranks xml file. See if that works.

hmm... will do...

EDIT: nope, didn't work. i guess you can't touch the existing files at all. sad.

i got a new idea though...

there is a ghost_templates.xml file that holds the whole single player weapon choice structure. if someone could get that to work in MP, i would marry that person! that would have to be a full blown mod, of course. i'm afraid i've waisted enough time on this and am giving up on trying to get it to work without making a mod. i'm sure that SP custom weapon system would be an extremely popular mod for MP though... oh, well.

Edited by th33f.

theef have u got xfire or msn - ill tell you how to do it

i had it working ingame last night

unless you want me to build it.

btw, i love the way you intend to balance - very solid - the only thin i would do differently and am going to attempt to do is to increase number of grenade launcher or keep it at 2 but pull back the accuracy so you have to be pinpoint accurate.

Edited by SCE_Lightspeed

theef you got that error bcoz you hadnt closed one of the tags properly - so it cant see an ending to the code.

compare the code to another similar file and you might find it - also are you using xmlmarker - it shows errors.

WELL FOLKS I HAVE A TEST MOD - CALLED NEWBALANCE.

Very small file and it is a mod so you will need to spread the word to get everyone to trial it in the Servers.

In this way we, theef and I, can look at tweaks to make the balance better.

'BRING BACK THE BALANCE!!'

NEWBALANCE KITS

Current Setup -

1. Demo - 2 GLs, 3 or 4 Primary Mags and Pistol Secondary.

2. Assault - 3 Frags - no sights or silencers on primary - a couple of silencers in secondary but no sights.

3. Rifleman - All the sights and silencers you could ever want - but only 1 Hand Frag.

4. Support - Hvy Machine Gun, Light Machine Gun, 1 Handfrag, 1 Smoke Frag.

5. Sniper - Sniper Rifle, Light Machine Gun or Pistol, 2 Smoke Frags for Stealth and Retreat, Barrett only 5 Rounds.

Now my experience tells me some, maybe a lot wont like the restrictions but if they give it a chance they might see it creates some interesting ingame combinations. I would suggest ppl running this Mod for a week or so to see how it feels and if they dont like it, we can adjust it or remove it all together.

Thanks

theef and Lighty.

Can you not have the weapon select the same as GRAW 1 in Coop/[GR]?

No.

Rather than modify server settings so that the server could be used to "balance" the weapons, they instead chose to eff it up the way they did.

But thanks for this mod. I will see what I can do with it. :rocky:

In my opinion, if I want to play COOP on my own server I should be able to decide how many stinking frags I can carry.

No.

Rather than modify server settings so that the server could be used to "balance" the weapons, they instead chose to eff it up the way they did.

In my opinion, if I want to play COOP on my own server I should be able to decide how many stinking frags I can carry.

New mod contains:

stink_bombs.jpg

:shifty:

AJ59 has same opinion as myself. I like at least 4 Frags before going to battle in some Co-Op. Jeez i normally drop 1 on Insert by accident usually!

The T v T Spawn Rape scenario has left us with this. There should be a separate deal for the Co-Op side at least.

:ph34r:

No.

New mod contains:

stink_bombs.jpg

:shifty:

AJ59 has same opinion as myself. I like at least 4 Frags before going to battle in some Co-Op. Jeez i normally drop 1 on Insert by accident usually!

The T v T Spawn Rape scenario has left us with this. There should be a separate deal for the Co-Op side at least.

:ph34r:

I agree. I play co-op and lone wolf co-op and would like to be able to carry more nades than that. I usually select rifleman or sniper. Sniper class should also be able to select nades.

Just my 2 cents, not that it's worth more than 2 cents...