Would you pay for an official GR:AW 2 map pack?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just something to keep in mind when you are thinking about further support/patches or future content/mappacks.

We are planning on bringing some downloadable content after launch but, right now, we can't get too specific because we'd like to keep it secret. What we can say is that the way the community uses the maps and content we give them at launch will affect how we react, as it was with GRAW 1. We brought in new modes when the community wanted them.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/764/764975p2.html

Seeing how Ubisoft claims (unofficially, according to an unnamed source elsewhere in this forum) to have sold 600,000 copies of this game and haven't even finished debugging it, I can't imagine answering anything other than 4.) NO WAY!

Not that I'd pay for anything else ever again bearing the Ubisoft name, logo, or hint of association on it. Been burned plenty already, thanks...

-depends..hey I'm on the fourth page of this thread and plum forgot the choices.. :rofl:

-Depends. I don't think I'd pay for something that should've been there in the first place. :nono:

But COOP should REALLY be addressed as, open maps where objectives could be completed in any order, like an

loop object in programming to see if all objectives have been completed only and not play linear control of this first, then this, then this. <_<

statement in programming. this way the game checks to see what objectives were completed.

NOT GRAW/GRAW2's, if, next, next end of mission linearality.

also save $$$ by turning single player campaing maps into MP maps for play.

Edited by Papa6

I have already said that I would pay for an expansion pack that gives us a lot more multiplayer content, more maps and more weapons. But why not include in this expansion pack some ‘classic’ ghost recon missions as well? Huge maps, freedom to take any path, the old health meter, no ‘fancy’ gadgets etc.

I honestly do not believe that the ‘old’ classic ghost recon fans will ever get a game like the original again. If a 'classic' ghost recon game was going to be made then it would have been made by now. But it could be possible that some ‘classic’ ghost recon content could be put into an expansion pack.

Edited by deco147

I have already said that I would pay for an expansion pack that gives us a lot more multiplayer content, more maps and more weapons. But why not include in this expansion pack some ‘classic’ ghost recon content as well? Huge maps, freedom to take any path, the old health meter and no ‘fancy’ gadgets.

I honestly do not believe that the ‘old’ classic ghost recon fans will ever get a game like the original again. If a 'classic' ghost recon game was going to be made then it would have been made by now. But it could be possible that some ‘classic’ ghost recon content could be put into an expansion pack.

Love you for thinking of us old skoolers as more than mere whiners, but...

Remember Tammy Fae Baker? Underneath the 83 kilograms of makeup, it was still the same haggardly old bird. Kinda the same thing. It might LOOK more like what we want to see, but it's clear that the engine and such just aren't going to get it.

I might like to see a major mod campaign that miraculously opens up the maps and introduces truly non-linear SP/COOP play, eliminates the cheese like NARCOM, and outlines mission objectives and priorities more clearly (just like [GR]). I might take a minute to try that out.

Wouldn't pay for it, though, so long as Ubisoft takes home a fraction of a penny of my money. They've ruined the Tom Clancy franchise, not just GR. They're jerks, and that's perhaps the biggest reason they'll get no more money from me again, EVER.

I'd pay, but remember i'm a MP TDM / SIEGE / Whatever player. Co-op for GRAW2 wasn't as good especially with the loss of squads and autodownloads.

I think if at least Autodownloads is in the patch peeps may come back and mods may come... so basically co-opers i guess hold your breath on voting until after the patch.

I'd pay, but remember i'm a MP TDM / SIEGE / Whatever player. Co-op for GRAW2 wasn't as good especially with the loss of squads and autodownloads.

I think if at least Autodownloads is in the patch peeps may come back and mods may come... so basically co-opers i guess hold your breath on voting until after the patch.

We don't agree too much but the auto download feature is a GREAT point. How many times have I been in the gamespy browser and seen maps with names I've never knew about? and then you never can find out about them. where can I get the map? all we get is, you don't have the map "" and then the app(game) has to be restarted or reset and you go back to the browser. That's a well thought out feature eh? personally if I owned UBISOFT stock, I'd either dump the stock or, I'd call up UBISOFT and ask them to fire the individual(s) who's responsible for the half-baked games, ruined content sub-standard quality and lack of customer care.

I'll tell you new schoolers one thing, [GR] may be old but, at least the game in MP mode gave a messagebox that indicates where one can get the map,mod,weaponpack with a url that the maker inserts into the mod information area in IGOR.

That's one feature that sets [GR] above the rest of the sequels. :thumbsup:

Edited by Papa6

Never ever pay for a map pack from Ubisoft for GRAW2, with no auto downloader the game leaves players open to little resource but to buy content, good job theres no players left online (well 58 left). Even at it's peak this game with all the love never made 500 players, I don't want to make comparisons but that is not good.

Life moves on.

Auto download... in my opinion.... how could modding communities survive without it for years and years? They did and it was as simple as going to the server website that you wanted to play on and it listed which mods it used and had links to download them. Players who use mods usually stick to the same servers so I really don't see the big deal with this feature.

Auto download... in my opinion.... how could modding communities survive without it for years and years? They did and it was as simple as going to the server website that you wanted to play on and it listed which mods it used and had links to download them. Players who use mods usually stick to the same servers so I really don't see the big deal with this feature.

I've run servers since 5 months after [GR] came out. As soon as a custom map pops up the player gets booted. It's happened over and over again on numerous games. We had an auto d/l feature when we released OE1 and guess what? No one got booted! We've always had new players show up on our servers because of the numbers of people playing on them as well as we always offered to help out the new people.

Auto map d/l isn't as necessary as fixing the broken stuff in a game, but to say it's not a big deal shows that you should stick to whatever GRIN has you do. Cuz you clearly aren't a gamer, or you'd realize how important such a simple feature such as this is. In fact, you guys missed quite a few times on features that to the uninformed isn't a "big deal". I guess people asking over and over again for a map d/l feature didn't register. I hope you guys pay more attention to features that seemingly aren't "a big deal". In future releases that is. Cuz as good as GRAW2 is, you still missed out on the half dozen things that could have made it stellar.

Edited by ruggbutt

Cuz you clearly aren't a gamer,

Oh really? I'd say just more divided into multiple types of games, and not all of them in electronic format. :P

Few people play more games then game developers, I assure you. That's usually why they do what they do, they play so many games that they want to know how it works on the inside and off it goes. But because of that we are also quite organized I guess, and as such check out what we need to download and install before trying to connect to the servers.

The topic just took a turn like auto download was a make of break feature for a game. And I really can't say that I can see that reality.

Off topic: Crap, now I'm hungry. Playing The Witcher for almost 30 hours straight does that I guess. :P

But are also quite organized I guess and check out what you need to download and install before trying to connect to the server.

I do that too, but I'm in the minority. Don't expect others to act like you do or you'll go thru life disappointed. Most gamers want to click on a server and play. Many of us only have a small amount of time for gaming and it's a PITA for them to do the research, or they're lazy. Either way map d/l would get around that. When we were testing the single player maps that Vhladd ported over, every time it would go to a custom map people got booted. Nothing has changed. That's why the majority of servers run the stock game, no add-on maps.

You don't have to like the reasons behind why people want the map d/l feature, but to ignore completely how important it is shows that you are out of touch with the clientele you're trying to sell to.

Don't expect others to act like you do or you'll go thru life disappointed.
I don't. That's why I posted my opinion. Same goes to you by the way that thinks people aren't gamers because they don't think like you. ;) Touche.

You don't have to like the reasons behind why people want the map d/l feature, but to ignore completely how important it is shows that you are out of touch with the clientele you're trying to sell to.
I don't ignore it, but it's not anything I would be able to implement anyhow. I just can't see that it as important as being one of the main issues with any game if it is missing, and that's all I wanted to point out.

as such check out what we need to download and install before trying to connect to the servers.

The topic just took a turn like auto download was a make of break feature for a game. And I really can't say that I can see that reality.

WOW! Are you serious?? :rant: You play games like WOW dont ya?You are a artist not a player.FOR GODS SAKE DUDE,Why do you think Steam is going so strong still.I agree Auto download wont make a game,Content will make a game.We are still waiting on that to. :whistle: We are still waiting on modtools that make sence to. :whistle: It would be nice to deliver content to the players without them leaving the server to find them to. :popcorn: By the time they get back the round would end. :/ That just really earks me you would even say that.Just gos-to-show it aint getting any better with dev coments like that.I ###### wonder why everyone is leaving.3 peices of the puzzle,Maps,Autodownload and Modtools.Thats all any of us really wanted.Some want moer of course.Well theres still hope in Graw 3 ,,,Again.Again we can wait and by another copy of a game we already have.Its going to be never ending.I personally dont care to buy Graw 3.At least then Grin Wont be involved.I have never seen such lack luster coments on a game in my life.Not one "We can do it coment".That tells me they have been "releived of comand" of any future Graw development and might be a little bitter when it comes to this game.I think you got your little engine that might out into the hands of the cans.Im tierd of beta testing.I want content.I want so much content that it would look like GOD himself rained down upon the earth great torents of maps.Ok maybe a little over the edge on that one. :P Sorry GOD.

This is FPS gaming.Not WOW or RTS.Content Keeps it fresh and provides longetivity for the game.It would also be nice to have a game thats easy to use.You cant make Advanced gamers from noobs unless you have Ease Of Use.

Dont even bother posting hear if you cant give us some hope.Cause we will just loose another peep.They are dropping like flys into the dead carcus of COD 4.

And yes would pay $19.99 for a Graw map pack on sale at curcit city.That would more than pay for development costs.But,We know that aint happening,Yet.

Edited by The Blueberry

You play games like WOW dont ya?

Are you kidding. If I played MMO you would never see me around. I can't quit playing an RPG without finishing it and you can't finish an MMO. :lol:

I've been her longer then you, what do you think I play, among other things? TFPS, not as much as I did before but it still happens quite often.

FOR GODS SAKE DUDE,Why do you think Steam is going so strong still.

Because gamers are getting lazier and lazier and don't even want to go to the store to buy their games. They want to sit in front of their computer and get fat and brain damaged, preferably not having to eat sleep or shower. The good thing is that they never misplace their CD/DVD, as they need none.

Not that bad maybe, but it's the extreme example. I know, I have been having problem with food this weekend as the finance is away and I have to take time from gaming to cook. :)

EDIT:

CRAP, NOW WE ARE WAY OFF TOPIC!

The autodownloader is very very nice touch though and makes game play alot more accessable to everyone and you didnt have to leave a server in the middle of alot of fun just because you didnt have the map. Once you have to leave, download install and come back the magic, the current fun level, even the player mix and all your current enjoyment / experiance is gone. All these games are all about providing an "experiance" or the potential of the experiance at least and this experiance is what sells the game. Now if you fail to deliver, you get 599,700 ticked of game fans....... thats over $29,000,000.00 of future sales at risk on new games. Especially this one.

Ghost Recon wasnt just a game to most of us, it developed into a culture. It dosnt seem that this was understood very well in the developement of new games. Its not a mystery that the past success of [GR] was going to sell alot of copies of GRAW when it came out. But Id say that your customers, us, have shown that we arnt too happy with the end product cause if we were there would be more than 58 out of 600,000 copies sold playing right now. It started to fall off within weeks of release.

I bet that if you took all the [GR] maps, the [GR] game play ideas, really thought out some bigger and better maps, included the originall maps casue they were very well thought out, applied the new technology youve created for GRAW 1 and 2, made it run as smooth as the guys did with COD4, (sorry to bring that up but it runs great even on a 2 year old machine, Graw 1 and 2 barely run) had a map editor that you could whip up new maps without alot of trouble and having to go to development school for 10 years, had server controls and nice options like above youd sell double what you have and would have a massive active future customer base to draw from instead of 50 out of 600,000+.

Look at [GR], people are still making maps, mods, new missions after how many years? You know why? Cause its a great game and still provides the "experiance". Its also still a great platform to make new experiances with, as new development shows. Now look at GRAW1 and 2. Do you see the same result. Especially GRAW2 as is.

Edited by Rahlstin

Because gamers are getting lazier and lazier and don't even want to go to the store to buy their games. They want to sit in front of their computer and get fat and brain damaged, preferably not having to eat sleep or shower. The good thing is that they never misplace their CD/DVD, as they need none.

Not that bad maybe, but it's the extreme example. I know, I have been having problem with food this weekend as the finance is away and I have to take time from gaming to cook. :)

EDIT:

CRAP, NOW WE ARE WAY OFF TOPIC!

:D If I could get a fridge in here, :hmm: ,,welll,,,hu.mmmmm?Good idea :D Go eat something ...

Ease of use MY Brother.You only have so much time to game,I know I doo.It would be nice to have my time maximized for the best possible experiance for my gaming dollar.

Back on topic Yes again.I would Buy a Graw 2 Mappack.

You are a Artist Wolfy.Theres no way with your European artistic veiws could you ever understand the the fun in a fps.Graw is great looking game ,,Thanks.But we need more Great looking,chalenging maps so us lazy buts can continue to injoy our $49.99.You cant see a movie these days for that.Replayability.Even Transformers get old after watching it 13 times.

Edtit

Smiley faces

Edited by The Blueberry

Wolfsong, it's the "I know what's best for you" attitude from devs that invariably shoot the devs in the foot. I get my info from running dedicated servers, for the public. You're correct on one point, a lot of gamers are lazy and want to d/l the game rather than have a hard copy. I could care less what you guys do now, as you've shot yourselves in the proverbial foot with lack of support, not to mention unbalanced gameplay (GL and M99) from the beginning. I suppose you're gonna say now that just about everyone on these boards complaining about those two kits should get over it................;)

I've said it before that it's a shame that GRIN was sooooo close with AW2. Having had discussion with you in the past it's clear that you think your opinions are the most important, and by extension it gives the impression that's how the whole of GRIN thinks. Don't fix the game then, I'm at the point where both your company and UBI are on the no buy list. I guarantee you that when I say this that I also speak for 30-40 people in my squad as well. Don't care? That's fine too. Disdain for customers is sure death for a company. I know where I come from as I run my own business, it's pretty successful as my home, cars and everything else I've paid for in cash. I don't have time to give you a lesson on customer relations though, sorry. You'll have to figure that out for yourself. ;)

Answer this: How hard would it have been for GRIN to take the single player maps and convert them for m/p? Sad as heck that one of my guys had to do the conversions even though he'd never done anything like that before. Lack of content in AW2 shows that either GRIN, UBI or the both of you could care less about it's customers. Yeah, I know consoles are selling more games right now, but my $50 is as important as the console gamers'.

Edited by ruggbutt