Done For Now

Ah I'm done playing this game for now. It's not that I'm too busy with school since I'm only taking Arabic 2 and English 112. It's just that this game kinda killed the concept of PC games for both me and my friend. After this came out we kinda turned our backs on any info of other games. If GRIN and/or Ubi wants to make another installation in the GRAW series, I really think they should go back to the first person insertions like we had in GRAW 1. I loved the briefings in that game on the way to the LZ cause it made it feel like you were being briefed on the go all the time. I love the feature of being able to replay the cross com messages because everytime they would say something in GRAW 1, one of us would always open our mouth and talk over the briefing person. And make the tactical map the way it used to be. Available to team members(not just team leaders) and get rid of the overview map because it's easier to set waypoints when you can zoom in and out. And I also loved the feature of controlling your team members through their eyes. Even with the great work the modders have done with the game, it's still mediocre at best. And I am aware of there being more important issues to complain about other than videogames. My grandfather passed away earlier this month and that made me appreciate things in life a lot more. However, this game isn't one of those things. The things I appreciate more in life are education opportunities, family, and overall life itself. But whenever I have some free time, I use it to go hiking. I used to use it to play GRAW and GRAW 2 but GRAW 2 just made me sour on thoughts of future PC games. It does have it's strong points like ACUs and the M416 but that's pretty much it. So unless someone can make it so there's 1st person insertions and tac maps for the team members, not just the team leaders, I'm done with this game.

If you think that GRAW and GRAW2 have soured you on PC games, then do not play console games of similar ilk, they will kill you from gaming period. Maybe play GR and have fun with it as there is still mods being made for it and still played at this late date in it's history.

My sympathies to you and your family for your loss of your Grandpa. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate everything in life after a loss of a family member, make sure it's those that matter most count.

Oh yeah. The whole reason I switched to PC is cause I played GR 2 on PS2 and was like "What's going on? It's not 1st person." Cause I started GR out on PS2 and it was almost as fun as PC but I guess the SOCOM fans got the best of console gaming and that's when it made a turn for the worse into 3rd person shooters. Each version has it's strong points but I just think GR was supposed to be played as a FPS. I did like how GRIN brought back the briefing maps. If they kept the briefing like that, I wouldn't mind but I do think they should bring back the first person insertions like in GRAW. Even if there's nothing being said during the chopper or stryker ride to the mission area, I still think they should bring it back. It would give the teammates a lot more time to plan for the mission on the way there. The ACUs were a welcome addition to the game for me because they went perfect with the terrains at hand. But if Ubi does decide to make a new installation to this series, I think they need to get a new name for it and also a new country to liberate because if the U.S. hasn't conquered the Mexican military by now, something's definately wrong. And thanks for your condolences, Knight. It's been a long rough month but it's also been pretty decent considering I've been able to see my nephew a few times.

But if Ubi does decide to make a new installation to this series, I think they need to get a new name for it and also a new country to liberate because if the U.S. hasn't conquered the Mexican military by now, something's definately wrong.

Well said. Ressurect the Georgian Rebels. The Eastern Europe Maps ruled. For MP, there should just be loads of different scenes. Jungles, Island, Beaches, Forrests, Desert, Snow, Rain, Swamps....

• 2 weeks later...