Talk is cheap, let's make it happen

IrishStout

Okay, here is what I need to make this happen:

1) Clans to respond to this thread to show interest but you must be committed. Feel free to add your request i.e HH or TDM, respawns or no respawns, one day tourney or held over a few weeks? etc... again these will merely be suggestions and may help dictate the final outcome for the tourney, but for obvious reasons we will not be able to meet all request...

2) Volunteers committed to helping me make this happen. Means probably 4 meetings between now and the event date. I need probably about 4 - 6 people to help me out. Here is what I need:

• * Clans to offer up thier servers to help host the tourney
    * Someone with a website to host the tourney format .. if not I will post a damn excel file if I have to
    * A rules committee to help solidify, game type and rules

3) Continued support and communication from the community

What's in it for you.. well primarily bragging rights.. but hours of fun playing GRAW2

There is a good chance, because we can not appease everyone, that the format might not be to your clans preference .. but sometimes you need to step outside the box.. if this event is successful then maybe there will be one monthly and it will be in a format that works best for your clan.

So I will give a few days to determine, based on feedback and interest if this event is to be hosted or not.

Again, fun is what you make it.. so let's come together as a community and make this happen.

Cheers,

Edit - I will let this post run for a few days to judge interest, if you have indicated interest in helping via your post, or you have PM'd me saying you are interested I will get a hold of you. I have T.S. server we can use. Also SCE has two servers we should be able to use for the event.

Edited by IrishStout

TDM no respawn.... and maybe the following week a seige or HH tourn

and just for kicks... the end map will be castle day that is played between the top 2 teams for the overall win.

I would prefer 1 day... but i'm not sure how it would go with the rest of the clans. Sunday would probably suit most the best.

RULES: not sure yet but here is one. All servers will run autoscreenshot, and all clans have to take there special character tags off. You can only have user names that can create a file name (unless grin patches by then) For example my name ROCO*AFZ* would be ROCO AFZ

That way there is no questioning the anticheat.

2nd all players must have a 200ms or below ping to participate. Clans bring a backup in case one of yours is a high pinger

Looks like i started something in the other thread lol.

Prize... bragging rights. All clans participating must announce on there front page news Who won the tournament with that clans logo (if they have one). if they don't... they may not be invited to the next tournament

I would probably split it into 2 weeks.

1st week, the winners bracket

2nd the losers and final.

Set the brackets per the map. Like the 1st map played will be Arroya. Next map will be the cut and so on. Each map gets 3, ten min rounds. Game victory screen = win or loss. (that way there is no complaigning and screenshots need to be taken and such.

We would participate in meetings, rule committees or whatever is needed to help give this game some energy and increase activity levels. We currently do not have a server but do have a website and can host the Tourney format if needed.

Roco's suggestion on starting with TDM and then advancing to Siege and or HH would keep it interesting and hopefully encourage more of the community to participate.

When and where do we meet to get this kicking?

2nd all players must have a 200ms or below ping to participate. Clans bring a backup in case one of yours is a high pinger

Prize... bragging rights. All clans participating must announce on there front page news Who won the tournament with that clans logo (if they have one). if they don't... they may not be invited to the next tournament

I (myself, CLONE Council still needs to talk abt it) don't agree w/ these 2

In every single graw2 server out there that I've been too, I've seen ping spiking - Offcourse, people trying to play w/ ping +400 cause more lagg, but 200... That my average ping lol :wall::hehe:

Putting the winner-logo on all participating clans their site sounds like a bad idea imho, It might keep people from joining. (Some clans don't even have a news section on their main page - like the CLONE site, we mainly use our forums for that) :hmm:

What you could do however, is ask if every participating clan would like to put up a thread on their forum, 'acknowledging' that the Tourney Winner, won the Tourney, you could easily input a logo as well. You could even post an overlay of the Tourney (example in this link: http://www.action-inside.com/tanger/graw/b.../PGLbracket.jpg)

As for the logo-refusal, same thing, no invite to next tourney... lol... come on, that sounds as if you actually think there are a lot of GR:AW 2 clans out there :ph34r:

Edited by C9.Constantine

When the details are figured out Rocky will not have any problem making it a main page news item, but frontline discussions for ideas on what it will be, how to handle it, existing squads that are involved, etc.

Nice reply on the bracket pic - that was a bracket I setup which took a while to implement, but after a long month or 2 it finished, lol. I have given Irish Stout a couple of ideas I had, one being a GHOSTBUSTER tourny which is more laid back and 1 team is the ghost as the other teams chase them to take that title.

This effort will take everyone to make it happen so don't let the idea die out, make it fun, and most of all work together to enjoy some good memories. Timezones and grouping them may help.

I (myself, CLONE Council still needs to talk abt it) don't agree w/ these 2

In every single graw2 server out there that I've been too, I've seen ping spiking - Offcourse, people trying to play w/ ping +400 cause more lagg, but 200... That my average ping lol :wall::hehe:

Putting the winner-logo on all participating clans their site sounds like a bad idea imho, It might keep people from joining. (Some clans don't even have a news section on their main page - like the CLONE site, we mainly use our forums for that) :hmm:

What you could do however, is ask if every participating clan would like to put up a thread on their forum, 'acknowledging' that the Tourney Winner, won the Tourney, you could easily input a logo as well. You could even post an overlay of the Tourney (example in this link: http://www.action-inside.com/tanger/graw/b.../PGLbracket.jpg)

As for the logo-refusal, same thing, no invite to next tourney... lol... come on, that sounds as if you actually think there are a lot of GR:AW 2 clans out there :ph34r:

Constatine... Who is to say we won't have a uk server in the tourn? East coaster US and UK would be the ideal servers. This though gets rid of the lag caused me to get killed and the running in place issues that peeps see. It provides a level playing field. I get a 105 to most UK servers, and even Peace in Sweden gets a 110 to ours on the east coast. 250ms would be the max. Players with higher pings from austrailia to asia usually get a BIG advantage due to lag. (example: our last match with you when palanoid took jstars. No one on death cam heard him, and he was on full sprint on our screens (not just Jstars) as he killed j, who was pointing right at him and firing.) If pings are closer then there will be no complaints of this.

also note... i think we had what... 28 clans sign up for the Power ladder at TWL. If Gr.net is willing to announce, i guess that would work but it's not as spiteful for the losers lol. Bragging rights are better if every losing clan has the penalty.

Lol yeah pond it is. Is it thought to be a bracket with knock-out of teams at each game?

Anyway vU are mainly into HH and that would be fun. But even more fun would be to meet some American teams which we don't meet at all (due to different ladders at the league we are laddering at). Of course we could match them anyway, but this would be a good excuse to make it happen.

@ ROCO; I've thrown it into CLONE Council - They're debatting

@ UK server: I would love to play there, the lower my ping is the better i can play - The higher my ping is the worse i play...

However, we need locked rules... before we say yes/no

If the max ping issue is implemented I seriously doubt that CLONE will participate

-hint: CLONE-International-

That would mean f.e. if CLONE 1.0 was to match, we'd probably have to drop out Palanoid and myself (my ping goes from 100-275 on NA servers), that would leave only 5 people in our CLONE 1.0 team (of which only 4 are active) to match with, which is unacceptable for us/CLONE.

PS: This ain't blackmail to try and get this ping thing out of a possible tourney - just our opinion :)

We played in the PGL World Tourney for GRAW 1 and we never had any real problems w/ pings, besides on Italian servers.

The one thing that needs to be sorted out is the following: How are you gonna decide which teams are playing on what server?

Example: CLONE-1.0 vs some EU clan - who'd have server pick etc... ? Where would server be located?

In EU ? If i where to follow you logics, the NA team would have an advantage on UK servers due to higher ping...

In NA? If i where to follow you logics, the EU team would have an advantage on NA servers due to higher ping...

Or on neutral grounds? This way both teams have an 'equal' ping ? (no clue)

Peace in Sweden gets a 110 to ours on the east coast. 250ms would be the max.

Players with higher pings from austrailia to asia usually get a BIG advantage due to lag. (example: our last match with you when palanoid took jstars. No one on death cam heard him, and he was on full sprint on our screens (not just Jstars) as he killed j, who was pointing right at him and firing.)

I almost forgot -Was this on arroyo? If it was, I don't hear any footsteps on Arroyo, not even my own... Neither does half of the people that play graw2 as far as i know, we only have 2 guy's who acctually have normal sounds on arroyo, that map is scr*wy.

Besides that

No disrespect but people in Sweden probably have the best/fastest internet connections in the world.

The thing that happened w/ Palanoid in our match, it happens to me all the time on public servers and in matches (not only by +200 pingers, +100 pingers as well), it's part of the game unfortunately (if GRIN can't fix it) just as it was in GRAW 1.

Edited by C9.Constantine

i would agree to disallow high ping people (lets say over 150ms) to play in this tournament.

just mind you ping is a relative thing,if you see me lagging,i see you lagging too

i dont wanna explain too much about pings and connections here ,and i wish we can get this tourney started.

it might be good if its organised like the PGL one minus the match sneaker.

AFZ now has a new dedicated in Atlanta Georgia From primary target that can hold up to 24 peeps if needed for the tourn.

Constatine... I'm not talking about small spikes over the 250. I'm talking players that are always over 250.

Palanoid... yes but whoever is running while lagging gets the advatage over someone that is standing still ;) No disrepect is ment by my post btw, Since it's not sanctioned i'm just trying to eliminate complaints and level the playing field.

How may european clans we got in the and how many US?

Maybe if it's 3 maps to win, (or rounds) play 1 on each server... 1 US server, 1 European, and the final if needed on whichever was the best ping for both clans consistantly? I don't know lol just thinking outloud.