Talk is cheap, let's make it happen

IrishStout

I will give it one more day to see if we can get anyone else on board. I have a feeling once we get this thing started and get the info out about some of the particulars of the Tourney we might get more interest.

Tentative plans will be for a preliminary meeting to be held on Sunday night around 9:00 p.m. est. Again this will be confirmed after tomorrow night.. look for the post..

Cheers

I will give it one more day to see if we can get anyone else on board. I have a feeling once we get this thing started and get the info out about some of the particulars of the Tourney we might get more interest.

Tentative plans will be for a preliminary meeting to be held on Sunday night around 9:00 p.m. est. Again this will be confirmed after tomorrow night.. look for the post..

Cheers

Tell us the comms ip port / pass and what client.

How about split hosts for those who have them?

2 teams both have a server, match will be split over the 2 servers.

Or Tourney dedi servers. If there are 12 teams, have 3-4 really stable dedicated servers for use in the tourney. Just because one of the servers is yours, doesn't mean you play on it.

All teams get placed in a pool. All teams are randomly chosen and placed into a slot on the bracket. When the tournament bracket is final, servers will be chosen at random for each match.

Server admins volunteer up their servers, and we vote on the best 3 or 4 servers to be used in the tourney. Or known good paid for dedicated servers get priority.

Just a few variables to throw out there. It's not life or death, just a friendly tournament for the community. Of course it will be real competitive, part of the fun, lets just get it rolling. We can always tweak it in future events. Once a month would be nice.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

I agree with " Cell " on using 4-6 dedicated servers. As most of us rent from different companies ( Ours from Trinity ), we can basically give up our servers for the day etc, use the same .xml's , passwords, etc, & named ie: Tourney Server #1 , #2, #3, etc.

A couple days before comp starts each player goes to each server & rates them, run a pole & let everyone vote the servers. That would give us the top 2-4 servers needed for the matches, before brackets are drawn or filed, draw placement of servers, then draw for teams on the bracket. That way its all even luck.

I guess we can all type this to death or get on some TS / Vent server & talk out the details.

LoL , I Know, I Know.... Opinions are like A'holes....everyone got one.

Okay guys,

Well it looks like things are starting to come together, some good suggestions have been maid and I think it's time to get to the ground work.

All those that wish to help - Please reserve Thursday October 11th starting at 10:00 pm. est. We will be meeting on T.S. and the server address will be given out at a later date once a location has been decided.

You will also be able to contact me on Thursday Oct 11th via XFIRE: SCE_IrishStout

So these are the sorts of things that have been suggested:

Suggested List

• Start off with a TDM tourney
  • Have a pool of tested servers reserved for matching running same .xml files
  • Everyone plays the same map or map sequence
  • GRNet.com will be the main home of the Tourney
  • High Ping Limit

My List of Additonal Suggestions

• Minimum players = 4 v 4 - Teams must match man for man. Thus if one team shows up with 10 people and the other team shows up with 6.. then the match will be 6v6.
  • Round 1 in tourney will be Map1 (TBD) in a best of 5. Therefore first to win the map 3 times wins the round. (each round will consist of 1 map - saves on time and keeps things simple)
  • Final score of a map is decided based upon the number of players still alive after time runs out.
  • Game Time will be 8 minutes per map.
  • Game Type = TDM
  • A team may substitute players only at the beginning of a new game - before everyone has 'readied up'. If a player drops after the 20 second rule then he will count as a death and also the team must continue to play that round. the player that has subsittued will not be allowed to substitue back in (like rugby)
  • No respawns
  • All weapons allowed
  • Match wins must be reported by both teams in the desired location.
  • Each round will need to be played in the specified time alloted (probably 1 week) Any teams not playing their match in this time will be eliminated. If one team has tried to schedule the match but the other team has not been responsive, the comit will reserver the right to eliminate just one team and give the other team a win.
  • Teams will be placed in the Tourney grid by random.
  • One team will be labled H on the grid and will be team Ghost for the round.

These are just some things to think about up until our first meeting.

If you can not make this time then feel free to send a representative in your place.

Thanks..

Edited by IrishStout

Just a little add on. If a team has a dispute but no Screenshot of the round, the dispute will favor the other team period.

Example. Team 1 thinks it should be a tie or a victory. Team 2 goes, no we had the most alive, we won it. If Team 1 takes it to the tourn admins without a screenshot of the scoring, team 2 gets the win.

In other words documents your wins or losses. Have a guy on deathcam screenshot it with fraps at about 2 seconds of in case of dispute.

Irish... should we have the tk punishment on set to 1. if you tk, you are ejected and cannot rejoin until after round is over? just thinking outloud.

Oh, and October 15th i not a Thursday :P

Just a little add on. If a team has a dispute but no Screenshot of the round, the dispute will favor the other team period.

Example. Team 1 thinks it should be a tie or a victory. Team 2 goes, no we had the most alive, we won it. If Team 1 takes it to the tourn admins without a screenshot of the scoring, team 2 gets the win.

In other words documents your wins or losses. Have a guy on deathcam screenshot it with fraps at about 2 seconds of in case of dispute.

Irish... should we have the tk punishment on set to 1. if you tk, you are ejected and cannot rejoin until after round is over? just thinking outloud.

Oh, and October 15th i not a Thursday :P

Yupe .. is it going to be Thursday .. or 15th ?.. :)

All the information should be released either tonight or tomorrow .. right now.. the help from people right now is one of two things..

1) Get the word out.. a tourney is coming and to keep thier eyes posted on GRNet.com

2) If you have a server we can use for the tourney let me know..