Graw 2 is a Great Game

100 players or 400 players - and the game is only 6 months old.

the topic is - GRAW2 is a great game.

and in my opinion if there are only 100 - 400 players in the servers after only 6 months then i think that says that in the eyes of the majority - GRAW2 is not a great game.

it is lacking.

hopefully the fact that GRAW2 was a considerable improvement of GRAW1, GRAW3 might take it to the next and 'perfect' level.

I don't really follow the logic, even if I do know what you mean. The GR series will never mass a lot of players, you can't look at the number of players and say that it is the parameter for success (I admit that it can be one of many). It is like the old brilliant statement: " if you are so smart, how come that you ain't rich?"

Just give me a dozen of clans and I am satisfied, that is from a player perspective. I can understand that modders likes a big crowd, but that is another perspective.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gripen its not all about you and your handful of buddies in a server.

so u think it's perfect - you think it's a success.

i think the MAJORITY of ppl who tried GRAW2 would disagree with you in the end - and the fact that there are less then 1000 ppl in the servers after 6 months reflects this.

in addition, its not like some new game has come out and drawn ppls attention away...they're looking for something new and/or going back to their old games while they wait for somehting new.

if this had been as good..as successful as GR, there would be thousands of players in the servers and they would be here for years to come.

success? to you yes...for the majority....no.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

This is a general warning. I have locked previous threads that degraded over how bad GRAW 2 is. I will lock this one too if people do not cease and desist and those causing said lock will be put on post moderation until Rocky sees fit to remove it.

This is a thread for those who agree that GRAW 2 is worth their time. Everyone else stay out. This is the only warning everyone gets.

We all know who doesn't like GRAW 2, no need to keep beating a dead horse over it.

The game is great. I see no need to start a new engine. But Previous comments are right. only about 200 ppl playing at one time? Thats not enough. I would say about 100 of them ppl are already in clans. How do you recruit for a clan when theres only about 100 ppl playing?

Not to mention how do you get the ppl in my clan convinced that GRAW2 is better than BF2142? How many ppl are playing BF2142 at one time?

Im not knocking the game, I love GRAW2 but the numbers dont lie. GRAW2 is NOT popular. I was at wal-mart yesterday and GRAW2 was still 50bucks. BF2142 is now at 30.

BF2142 had the numbers and the following to start and at that price any gamer would take a chance on BF2142 over GRAW2.

Dont say your gonna lock this post. HELP with the sell.

We need to sell this game to everyone. What makes it better than something else?

I guarantee 10 more maps would. What do you say GRIN?

You cant expect to make threads of how great the game is and expect everyone who posts in it to have to agree with it. What ever happened to people being allowed to express their own opinions?

Threatening to lock it, post moderate you, and delete your posts if you dont.

Well thats what we call fascism.

While open debate is of course welcome, what is not appreciated is when positive threads repeatidly become hijacked by negativity. This is not appropriate for this forum. Fans have a right to post what they like about the game without fear of being shouted down.

If you have a particular grievance with GRAw 2 go ahead and post it in another thread, no worries there. Although for you that might be tricky, seeing as you don't even own GRAW 2..?

That aside, be careful about calling the way this forum is run as facist. The forum is run the way I see fit, if that doesn't please you, move on.

I agree, the thread name invites opinions and either you think i'ts great, ok or sucks. Considering the thread name why can't people express their opinion.

About the Castle Day map. I think it's really a t hing of beauty and so nice to get an [GR] map so lovingly crafted. But I really feel more hemmed in by the fog than on [GR] Castle Day. I understand in the past why fog was needed in games to limit the assets on display so the ones you see could be better quality but i never understood why designers want to dictate to the player how far they should be able to see. For aesthetics i'm happy to play in a foggy map but when i feel i'm being told by the game maker or map maker that long range view/shooting is 'undesirable' then i feel like i'm being made to play in a style that others just happen to prefer.

Thats' not a dig at Biro or even the original CD or [GR] map designers. It's just that i like gameplay styles that are not my own to be in play. For example, in CS i'm not that good with an AWP sniper and others complain about snipers in the game but i never did cause i enjoyed the challenge of negating their advantage with tactical use of smoke grenades.

I don't want to play in foggy map just because that suits someone elses gameplay style. Either have fog because it's needed to help the computer int he graphics department or have it because it's great atmosphere and looks beautiful but don't have it to enforce a particualr style of play.

Again i'm not having a go at any designer and certainly not Biro who rules and anyway he replicated the CD fog even though it does feel thicker to me.

Negative threads usually get closed and/or deleted. But I dont see the positive people being warned about their positivity in those negative ones that make it threw the cracks............

Your right, I dont own GRAW2, Im not going to purchase a game I cant play. If It takes 10 attempts to even join a server to get in, or once I do get in I can only play for 1 or 2 rounds, theres no way Im going to pony up my money for that......May have bought it if it didnt have these problems.

and you and most here, fail to realize also, that those who are negative or complaining. ARE fans of the game as well, equal to those who are positive and love the game.

They wouldnt be here waisting their time or their money if they werent.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

f It takes 10 attempts to even join a server to get in, or once I do get in I can only play for 1 or 2 rounds, theres no way Im going to pony up my money for that......

Member in CLONE had these problems, haven't heard him talk about it anymore so i take it he doesnt have those problems anymore, it can't be his internet connection do, he's got a 100Mbit connection.

Negative threads usually get closed and/or deleted. But I dont see the positive people being warned about their positivity in those negative ones that make it threw the cracks............

Negative threads do not get deleted, open your eyes, the forum is full of them.

gripen its not all about you and your handful of buddies in a server.

so u think it's perfect - you think it's a success.

i think the MAJORITY of ppl who tried GRAW2 would disagree with you in the end - and the fact that there are less then 1000 ppl in the servers after 6 months reflects this.

in addition, its not like some new game has come out and drawn ppls attention away...they're looking for something new and/or going back to their old games while they wait for somehting new.

if this had been as good..as successful as GR, there would be thousands of players in the servers and they would be here for years to come.

success? to you yes...for the majority....no.

That was a long post pointed at a scare crow, nothing came my way. Try work with people's post before you pretend to reply to them. I will do so, even if you didn't write anything which was particularity in response to me, which you for some odd reason quoted.

No, actually both me and very much others in my clan ("buddies"?) think GRAW2 is "perfect", I am glad that I didn't write that anywhere as I would be lying about my opinion if so.

Of course the majority of people who have tried GRAW2 would "disagree" [sic] and think that the game lacks some notches from being "perfect", brilliant. It was some time ago I found a "perfect" game, perhaps 4 in a row qualifies . Anyway, by your way of reasoning all games fail, as the majority of players don't play a single game, not even CS:S (God forbid).

New game's come out all the time, long term attention to a game is some thing long gone in the history of computer gaming. The majority of players pick up on new game's at an amazing speed. Try out ET:QW if you don't have any other examples of new games coming out which would potentially draw from the GRAW2 base.

The same goes with any comparison with GR. The online gaming world was different then. You can't expect a game to get as long attention from the crowd today as games got back in 2001. If anyone tried to do such comparisons over time and tell anything about the quality of the games by doing so, then I would point out the method of comparison as flawed.

GRAW2 is laddered and people enjoy it on those ladders, I am one of them and I apparently belong to the minority of people who don't seek the "perfect" game.

1 word from GRIN could solve these things out :shifty:

If they just would tell us what plans they have for GRAW2. :wall:

Lots of ppl comlaining here are just fans of the 'genre' that are kinda ###### to see what this game has turned into.

Comme on GRIN give us a BIG FAT PATCH and A BIG FAT MAPPACK to turn this game into a classic :thumbsup:

PS. talkin' about fascism...these forums are kinda OK compared to UBI.com.

Given' to much criticism on UBI and GRAW2,i got a warning.

Not happy with that i compared the UBI.forum and the way they moderate it with Nazi Germany... and yes ,acount was suspended.

So yea, ppl can talk here.

Edited by eyn093

1 word from GRIN could solve these things out :shifty:

If they just would tell us what plans they have for GRAW2. :wall:

Lots of ppl comlaining here are just fans of the 'genre' that are kinda ###### to see what this game has turned into.

Comme on GRIN give us a BIG FAT PATCH and A BIG FAT MAPPACK to turn this game into a classic :thumbsup:

PS. talkin' about fascism...these forums are kinda OK compared to UBI.com.

Given' to much criticism on UBI and GRAW2,i got a warning.

Not happy with that i compared the UBI.forum and the way they moderate it with Nazi Germany... and yes ,acount was suspended.

So yea, ppl can talk here.

I don't think this will happen for "Free". Maybe one more "Free" patch to stabilize the game a little more, but that will be it. For maps....is up to the modders now. I hope I'm wrong.

^ what he said - there are modded maps which ppl arent using cos they only want to use stock.

either we need an autodownloader working or we needed GRIN in the first place to have provided a proper MP experience =

all campaign maps converted to MP and

all maps containing EVERY gametype

all maps containing a RANDOM spawn feature AND a mechanism in place to prevent or reduce spawn camping.

Now the modders could create/have created all the above but then we still have the issue of players wanting to use stock, or somme ppl have it, some ppl dont.

The system is screwed and Im done with talking about it.

A downloader is nice. But in my experiences with GRAW1. Servers still failed with mods. Perhaps because It made you restart your game.

But what about the server full bug? we would be running max players then a modded maps would load. For some crazy reason the server still shows as full. and YES. I did update the server list. we have had ppl shut their game off. download the mod. Instal the mod. Re-launch and it says they cant get in. Server full.

when in all actuality there is only like 5 of us in the server. If this don't get fixed... downloader or not. random mods thrown into the cycle will fail. Ever notice you join a mod server and its showing like 4-5 ppl in it. You get in and everyone is gone. They were there. But It takes too long for the server to recognize they are no longer there.

I call it the server full bug for mods.

You cant expect to make threads of how great the game is and expect everyone who posts in it to have to agree with it. What ever happened to people being allowed to express their own opinions?

Threatening to lock it, post moderate you, and delete your posts if you dont.

Well thats what we call fascism.

I help run this forum according to the rules Rocky has put in place. Forums are not the bastion of free speech people think they are as there is always someone footing the bill to host them in the first place. The rules they make and expect the staff to uphold are generally posted for all to see and read. If you do not like it, there are other places less strict that one can go. Over the years, we have had tons of compliments on how well this forum is run and how nice it is to visit here without worrying about being flamed and ragged on.

Your right, I dont own GRAW2, Im not going to purchase a game I cant play. If It takes 10 attempts to even join a server to get in, or once I do get in I can only play for 1 or 2 rounds, theres no way Im going to pony up my money for that......May have bought it if it didnt have these problems.

and you and most here, fail to realize also, that those who are negative or complaining. ARE fans of the game as well, equal to those who are positive and love the game.

They wouldnt be here waisting their time or their money if they werent.

I lock both negative and positive threads when they degrade into flamefests. There are plenty of threads that haven't been locked due to negativity, but those I have had to lock started to descend into flamefests that were unable to be doused without the lock. Same for positive threads that were hijacked.

I don't have GRAW 2 either, yet I understand how people feel about the game both for and against. Will I buy it? I don't know as my current rig might cough up a furball if I were to try to play it. People can complain all they want, in a thread that doesn't hijack a thread to discuss how well people like it. If you do not like the previous warning, as Rocky said, you are free to leave whenever you want.

GRAW2 is a very good game for MP in my opinion, I really don't understand why it haven't really become more popular than it is..

I've talked to allot of people that have complained that graw2 feels like syrup, especially the animations feels like syrup according to these people.. If I compare to i.e. Call of Duty 2 or CS I really do understand where they are coming from, but for me graw2 is a completely different game and that's what I like about.. it feels different.. Well I really don't think the majority want something "different" what the majority really wants is a reskinned bf2 clone, cs clone or a reskinned cod2 clone. This is at least the impression I get..

Now you can say "hey the old school ghost recon people don't want that, they still want the feel from Ghost Recon"

Well what do you think they have been playing and getting used to in between of the release of GR and GRAW ? yeah, cod2, cs or bf2!

Those who never have touched any of the mentioned games are only a few, most other people have been getting used to the "easy and fast" animations in the games mentioned and don't want to move around in syrup mode....

OK OK OK, I know there's allot of you hardcore GR fans that never would touch ether cod2, cs or bf2 and respect to you for that, but you'r not the majority are you !?

Finally why no one uses Cangaroo.TNT's mod or PoW_LigHtsPeEd's mod is wierd to me!?

It must be ether;

People thinks the game is good just as it is

People don't know exactly what the mods actually do or doesn't know about the mods at all .

People don't care

Both mods are really great and both mods offers something fresh to graw2 so you guys should really test them out.

I for one apprechiate the work that all the moders keep on doing for this game and hope we will see more from them, but what's the point if no one uses there mods ?

^ what he said - there are modded maps which ppl arent using cos they only want to use stock.

either we need an autodownloader working or we needed GRIN in the first place to have provided a proper MP experience =

I really don't understand this at all, why there is no auto-downloader in the game ? it makes no sence why when grin/ubi have released all those tools for modding.

Auto download would be good enough, especially if it would include http download that would make the downloads go fast!

I say yes to auto download, let the modders get something back from there work.

I trust that GRIN is still browsing these forums and are at some point reading this thread, possibly they agree to most that have been pointed out and are willing to do something about this..

The game is great. I see no need to start a new engine. But Previous comments are right. only about 200 ppl playing at one time? Thats not enough. I would say about 100 of them ppl are already in clans. How do you recruit for a clan when theres only about 100 ppl playing?

Not to mention how do you get the ppl in my clan convinced that GRAW2 is better than BF2142? How many ppl are playing BF2142 at one time?

Im not knocking the game, I love GRAW2 but the numbers dont lie. GRAW2 is NOT popular. I was at wal-mart yesterday and GRAW2 was still 50bucks. BF2142 is now at 30.

BF2142 had the numbers and the following to start and at that price any gamer would take a chance on BF2142 over GRAW2.

Dont say your gonna lock this post. HELP with the sell.

We need to sell this game to everyone. What makes it better than something else?

I guarantee 10 more maps would. What do you say GRIN?

I would have to agree, if there is and opportunity for GRIN to give us and expansion pack for Multiplayer use as well, then i think this game is off and running. Maybe add some weapons and some tweaks here and there and man this game is not bad at all.