Random Team Death Match Custom Maps

So I recognise that a lot of ppl dont like or cant be bothered playing TRR.

So my final project for GRAW2 I would say is just to convert the best of the Custom Maps into Random Teamdeath Match maps - 4 random spawns each map.

Should provide a bit more variation from the stock maps - prolly have about 6 or 8.

They will also habe the TRR mode if u want to mix it up a bit.

Should be ready in a day or two.

So my final project for GRAW2 I would say is just to convert the best of the Custom Maps into Random Teamdeath Match maps - 4 random spawns each map.

Should provide a bit more variation from the stock maps - prolly have about 6 or 8.

How about some Custom RvsA maps man!!!

It's already been done. No reason to double up on gametypes. Vhladd's MHM (Mayhem) Map Packs have that gametype. We aren't seeing any of the problems that have been reported with the TRR packs. This isn't a reflection on your great work Lighty. It's more about how GRIN has configured it's game engine and Vhladd has figured out a fantastic work around.

The MHM Castle pack works with Biro's Castle map. No need to choose between one or the other. Just pop them into your custom levels folder. No editing of .xml files. Kits are stock, games are completely editable thru the .xml file. Server admins will find that the Mayhem packs are server admin friendly. They have to be, I told him not to make stuff difficult for me (I'm our server admin). ;)

There are new loadscreens as well as command maps (for the new maps) that look like they were made by GRIN themselves. This pack will seamlessly merge with your installation.

Mayhem Map Pack can be had here.

night_castle01.jpg

night_castle02.jpg

castle_minimap_sm.jpg

Edited by ruggbutt

Mate i think its more like not enough/variety of stock maps, kit restrictions, hard to mod, poor admin interface ect that is restricting the game, your are in a no win situation cause no matter how hard you try the funementals are not quite right.

It's already been done. No reason to double up on gametypes. Vhladd's MHM (Mayhem) Map Packs have that gametype. We aren't seeing any of the problems that have been reported with the TRR packs. This isn't a reflection on your great work Lighty. It's more about how GRIN has configured it's game engine and Vhladd has figured out a fantastic work around.

The MHM Castle pack works with Biro's Castle map. No need to choose between one or the other. Just pop them into your custom levels folder. No editing of .xml files. Kits are stock, games are completely editable thru the .xml file. Server admins will find that the Mayhem packs are server admin friendly. They have to be, I told him not to make stuff difficult for me (I'm our server admin). ;)

There are new loadscreens as well as command maps (for the new maps) that look like they were made by GRIN themselves. This pack will seamlessly merge with your installation.

Does mhm contain the same maps that trr contains ?

I played quite a few maps in trr that i havent seen before.(think they r campaign maps maybe?)

Edited by Chrisp

The Juarez map has had some collision issues fixed as well as having some other streets opened so that there's more playable area while still having fantastic frame rates.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade Lighty, just making sure that you and everyone else knows what's been done and what's in the works. V didn't try TRR cuz he knew Lighty was working on it. ;) Let's not forget that it's not just new maps and old maps with a new gametype. Environments have been changed and there are Day, Dusk, Fog and Night variations of every map. The best part about all of this is you drop the bundle files into your custom_levels folder. Nothing else to do. Plug and play so to speak.

Edited by ruggbutt

Think maybe your to bit too fast to make that assumption Lightspeed.. I have played with several ppl that likes it..

Being a very new(and big) mod, I think ppl need to hear about it (not all ppl that plays graw2 visit ghostrecon.net) from other players and what they think about it before theire going to dl it. ;)

Atleast thats what i think..

ok Rugg well done you've managed to hijack the thread - good luck with your Mayhem mod and i'm done with modding for this game.

I was explaining to you that it was already being done. IIRC Vhladd was the one that helped you out with some of the environments. Or do you prefer taking a steaming dump on him? You really need to get over yourself.

Edited by ruggbutt

Well, you did hijack the thread ruggbutt, I mean were pictures really necessary? Back on topic though, I really don't think anything is going to take off for this game. I find myself playing it less and less each week, and with the very few number of players I see when I do jump in indicates to me that this game is damn near dead, so I don't think it's a lack of interest in the maps/mods, it's a lack of interest in the game.

Well, you did hijack the thread ruggbutt, I mean were pictures really necessary?

Is it really a hijack when what Lighty was talking about doing is already done? The only thing that's wrong here is Lightspeed's emotions got hurt. Do what you wanna do Lightspeed, the stuff Vhladd has done will work with any map put into the custom_levels folder.

Edited by ruggbutt

He said she said. Lighty has been working on Random spawns for quite some time now and has been vocally inquiring about it here on the forums ever since just after release. So it's a project that could easily be said to have been around alot longer than your Mayhem maps. Not knocking them, but the way you have posted in several of Lightspeeds threads recently (not just today) hinting at your random insert gametype and now promoting it here, certainly seemed to point that you would promote yours over his. It certainly looks like a complete hijack to me. I'm sure yours is good. But did you really need to make another random insert gametype when you KNEW Lightspeed was developing his? In the grand scheme of things I guess it doesn't really matter since the game is definitely tapering off multiplayer-wise. It's gotten to the point that with the numbers of people playing, I'm wondering if we will even get a patch to fix the autodownload....

But did you really need to make another random insert gametype when you KNEW Lightspeed was developing his?

This is why I haven't spent time developing my own mod or whatever you wanna call it. Most modders I've dealt with are self-absorbed and don't give much a darn about anything but making a name for themselves. I've offered my Photoshop madskillz to several modders here but that's where I draw the line. Lightspeed PM'd me 2 months ago and asked for my help. I've dealt w/him on another mod in the past so I just opted out. Now I might be wrong but isn't there enuf room in this community for a mod and a map pack? They are two different things you know! I don't care if ya'll play V's Mayhem pack, Lighty's TRR pack or whatever else comes about in the future. I'm not getting paid for any of this. I was just trying to enlighten the members of this community that what was being proposed was already finished. If the truth hurts then I apologize. Here's a bandaid. ;)

Lightspeeds isn't a true random insert. With 4 insertion points there are 16 permutations of where each team can spawn. Vhladd's code has all 16, Lighty's only has 4. Un-bundle his TRR pack and take a look

Also, this isn't my mod. I'm just the messenger. I don't care if you don't like me setting the record straight. Additionally, Lightspeed got some of his environment code from Vhladd, Lighty asked, Vhladd accomodated. Lighty has admitted to that in another thread.

Lightspeed knows that V has been working on this stuff for a couple of months. IMHO it's BS that he'd come and post about "random inserts" when Vhladd's Mayhem pack had already been released. V may not take offense to it but the truth is the truth and I'm the truthsayer.

Now I might be wrong but isn't there enuf room in this community for a mod and a map pack? They are two different things you know.

Edited by ruggbutt

With 4 insertion points there are 16 permutations of where each team can spawn.
I've read that a number of times and I don't see how the math adds up. Aren't there only 12 possibilities:

Possible spawn combinations

1 - 2

1 - 3

1 - 4

2 - 1

2 - 3

2 - 4

3 - 1

3 - 2

3 - 4

4 - 1

4 - 2

4 - 3

That's 12, unless you include 1 - 1, 2 - 2, 3 - 3, and 4 - 4.

Now I might be wrong but isn't there enuf room in this community for a mod and a map pack?
Absolutely. At this rate everyone can have their own.

That's 12, unless you include 1 - 1, 2 - 2, 3 - 3, and 4 - 4.

Yes, you include those. Cuz red or blue can spawn at 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4).

At the same time?

At the same time?

No. You're doing your math and assuming that it's one team spawning in the first integer, while the other spawns in the second.

Your example:

1-2

1-3

1-4

Say we have blue for the first number, red for the second. Flip that and do the math. Any way I see it, that's 4 spawns.

Edited by ruggbutt

There's precious little left of GR these days without the very people who are keeping things chugging along having a lovers tiff. So long as anyone is providing new content they should have the support of everybody, let's please not get bogged down in destructive arguments.

Okay, so there are only 12 combinations:

Ghosts spawn at 1, Rebels spawn at 2

Ghosts spawn at 1, Rebels spawn at 3

Ghosts spawn at 1, Rebels spawn at 4

Ghosts spawn at 2, Rebels spawn at 1

Ghosts spawn at 2, Rebels spawn at 3

Ghosts spawn at 2, Rebels spawn at 4

Ghosts spawn at 3, Rebels spawn at 1

Ghosts spawn at 3, Rebels spawn at 2

Ghosts spawn at 3, Rebels spawn at 4

Ghosts spawn at 4, Rebels spawn at 1

Ghosts spawn at 4, Rebels spawn at 2

Ghosts spawn at 4, Rebels spawn at 3

That's every possible spawn combination, right?

i have no issue with Vhladd rugg -

i have an issue with u jumping into my thread and saying great mod but play mine instead.

yes i asked u for a loadscreen.......you didnt produce it.

and i dont think u ever helped me in anyother way - you're the self-centred clown.

its all about you you you, your mod, your oe, your a self-centred ___

anyways enuff about him -

Nutlink is right.

GRAW2 is dead as dead can be - the reality is modders will put out the content that was demanded originally but most ppl probably wont use it.

no restrictions

stock maps only

tdm only

etc etc.

waste of time really.

look at cangaroos amazing mission types - and 99.9% will prolly never try it - so ghey.

enuff modding from me for this game.