which maps havent i trred yet?

Sorry, but you may not use any of the TuG maps in any mods without gaining our permission first.

If you've already included any in your beta download, then you must remove the dl & remove the maps from the bundle.

Edited by Beaver

none of them are in the beta -

can i have permission to use them in final release?

Jump over on our forums and we'll sort it out there, this isnt the place. :D

And to the rest of you.

Our community spirit is there and always has been, otherwise we wouldnt provide public servers for people to play on, or spend alot of our time creating maps/mods, etc for the community to play.

Its only fair to ask someones permission if you can use their work in your own mods isnt it?

I shouldnt have to log onto gr.net and chance upon a thread talking about using the maps that we've created in another mod without 1st being contacted about it. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but you may not use any of the TuG maps in any mods without gaining our permission first.

If you've already included any in your beta download, then you must remove the dl & remove the maps from the bundle.

Thats the community spirit mate! Nice one!

:thumbsup:

Cmon people, think straight! :nono:

You don`t just go and pack other`s work, without asking first. Basic rules that we all stick by as modders, regardless of what the content may be. Why should this be any different from adding someones new weapons to there mod without permission?

Think about it before jumping in pls.

stop - let's not overreact here.

Beaver is right - it is a courtesy to ask to use a map that someone else prepared.

Incidentally, all of the maps I have modded for MP can be used for new gametypes - might make it a bit easier to get some new maps for the gametypes you love.

that's why i didnt jump in and use it without getting permissions first.

as it is, i didnt realize villa was ranch.

i actually have prepared that one already as a small map - sealing off the main buildings section for small teams - should be fantastic trr gaming.

i have also created a new rail_yard map in two flavours.

and i think that almost all i can come up with based on the campaign maps - will take one last look at them tonight to see if i can find a few more locations worth MPering.

also fixed the dodgy spawn.

none of them are in the beta -

can i have permission to use them in final release?

Jump over on our forums and we'll sort it out there, this isnt the place. :D

And to the rest of you.

Our community spirit is there and always has been, otherwise we wouldnt provide public servers for people to play on, or spend alot of our time creating maps/mods, etc for the community to play.

Its only fair to ask someones permission if you can use their work in your own mods isnt it?

I shouldnt have to log onto gr.net and chance upon a thread talking about using the maps that we've created in another mod without 1st being contacted about it. :thumbsup:

/rant on

I agree it is only fair to ask permission to use others work

you asked him to ask for permission. He has done that. Why can't you just say yes here??? Im not tryin to start a flame war here but what is the big deal????

I would have thought maps carrying the TUG name would have been great positive publicity for your clan?

Did you CREATE the maps or MODIFY existing maps? There is a huge difference in creative credit here.

You arent the only clan to supply a server for the public to play on and you arent the only people to create mods/maps. In fact some people have created maps without just reworking GRIN'S stock maps with GRIN's editor and arent making a fuss like you.

We are a really small community and quite frankly this sort of attitude is not going to help.

signed: The Rest of You :wall:

/rant off

stop - let's not overreact here.

Beaver is right - it is a courtesy to ask to use a map that someone else prepared.

Incidentally, all of the maps I have modded for MP can be used for new gametypes - might make it a bit easier to get some new maps for the gametypes you love.

that's why i didnt jump in and use it without getting permissions first.

as it is, i didnt realize villa was ranch.

i actually have prepared that one already as a small map - sealing off the main buildings section for small teams - should be fantastic trr gaming.

i have also created a new rail_yard map in two flavours.

and i think that almost all i can come up with based on the campaign maps - will take one last look at them tonight to see if i can find a few more locations worth MPering.

also fixed the dodgy spawn.

Well said Your enthusiasm is always apparent on any forum and the work done.

A simple misunderstanding and eagerness taking control no more than that.

Any mod work carried out is a testament to the Developer and the modders.

All modders should ask permission to use other's work if they intend to include it in a mod they are working on. This is why DA's work (can't really call it that can we) is expressly forbidden to be linked to here. Any mod featuring content by others without express written (via a forum PM or email) permission will be forbidden here as well.

Now Beaver said to ask permission in public and Lighty asked in same. TuG should respond in kind as they started it there. If not given permission and Lighty does use said TuG maps or mods, then all discussions regarding it will be locked (and cleaned) or deleted depending on if it is cleanable.