Total Random Respawns Download here...

rugg - ive already used vhladds fog throughout this pack.

He's changed the fog, it looks lots more realistic.

and ive also told vlahd that he can use my modded maps to add the original gametypes (he duznt have to redo all the maps lol - i have over 20 here now modded from the sp campaigns).

Roger that.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock is always better than mods

bollox - complete bollox.

i was going to show u the error of your opinion, but i figure its not worth it. if u havent tried GR mods then you've really missed out on superior Ghost Recon experience.

@ Rugg

Vhladd gave me improved fog :)

OK after much complaint about the Weapons I went back to the drawing board - I thought ppl want more choice...fair enuff. I will give more weapons but still aim to maintain balanced kits across the board.

I will not reveal those weapons yet but I will say that where there were only 14 weapons proposed for the original TRRPACK now the numbers have climbed to 27.

Basically -

More GL combinations.

8 Assault Weapons (up from 4)

12 Rifleman (so you will get sights with SD - a fair trade off bcoz u miss out on frags.

2 Support

2 Snipers.

That's the final selection and should provide all the choice for gamers - but again still make them think about weapon selection.

I know not everyone will be pleased..but I've been modding for a while now and you can't please everyone.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

I will not interpret what Huddex meant, he does it best himself.

But stock is better than mod, not because of map quality (we have all seen nice custom maps) , but because all play with stock but not all with mod.

When you are into TvT you want a coherent community, stock is... stock.

When you are into TvT you want a coherent community, stock is... stock.

Yes indeed, especially when it comes to T vs T and competitive play, stock maps makes it so much easier because they are almost exclusively immediately adopted by ladder admins and the players .

Paradoxically:

- a ladder with custom maps normally have a hard time to recruit teams

- a ladder with only a handful of official maps (with only two insertion zones) lacks the necessary variety in gameplay for a live and vivid gaming community

Therefore, for official competitive gaming a substantial amount of stock maps eg. as it was in GR, DS and IT (with 4 insertion zones and RIZ) would be a very welcomed part of an GRAW 2 expansion pack to aid a struggling T vs T community.

It totally beats me why 4 insertion zones and RIZ was removed from the series in the first place <_< That was a vital part of what made GR so great.

Well, personally, I love to see more quality custom maps etc as well, as they often offer some of the best experiences for MP coop and fungames T vs T, so keep 'em coming

I was about to write a longer answer to why stock is better than mod, but Peace and Gripen allready did. If you get it fine. If you don't then fine to. It's your mod and you decid were to go with it and i decid if i want to play it ^^ But to be frank i find your argument to somewhat hmm, bollox.

Got to agree with above posts about stock maps...although some realy excelent mods and map packs were made fro GR the ladders i played on would not accept them..

I too wish that maybe grin could make the TTr mods somewhat "official" so then they would be accepted for ladders.

Stock is always better than mods.

What?

It is certainly true that you rarely see really bad stock maps and mods are often flooded by some pretty bad attempts, but in the final analysis, the best mods are typically better than anything stock. It just takes time for the real pros like Biro and others to put out their superrior maps and mods.

The way I see it is to each their own. They both (stock vs custom) have their advantages and disadvantages.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I will let you all know that we (BSR) will be releasing a custom maps set here very shortly. It is TDM based and consists of only stock maps, ofcourse there will be 4 variations of each - Day, Dusk, Fog, and Night. There are 4 random insertion zones, and that has really done wonders in beta as to bringing the tension back to the game.

All we have to do right now is fix a couple of spawn points, and setup a few load screens and it is good to go. It will be only one bundle also, not having to download multiples.

Keep an eye out for it, it will be called Mayhem.

Exactly what kind of hoops do I have to jump thru to get this thing to run on my server? It's not as easy as dropping this in the right folder and adding the map names. Our server won't start. I'm gonna need some detailed answers to run this thing.

So those of you w/the knowledge need to speak up. Pronto!! :D

i dont understand why you having troubles. Just put the bundle in your custom levels folder.. then I would highly reccomend this.

With the bundle in your custom levels folder ON YOUR OWN PC create a server NOT AS A DEDI. Actually launch your game join multiplayer then click create server. Add all your own personal settings Chose the maps you want. then click create.

once the game has launched exit game and go to the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Settings and find a file called game_info.xml If I am correct this is the settings you just created. You can easily tell by looking at the maps. If the new maps are listed in the cycle then you have the right xml.

Now transfer that file over to your dedicated box. and put it in your C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Settings or wherever the game reverts to the settings folder. whatever your path may be.

Then you MUST rename this file dedicated_game_info Dont forget to back up any other settings you plan on keeping. Then launch your dedicated server and your in like flynn.

good luck If you have any more problems get in touch with me XE_Specter@hotmail.com

Morgning,

thx for the nice Maps. The Problem whit the maps is, when i make a Detikated Server and start the game and a new Player join the game, he can´t playing, he must wait of the next rund, better he can playing. Can you this problem make?

A nice idea whit the random Respawn.

MfG Kub

sry for my english :rocky:

When u enter a game to TDM or any of the MP gametypes there is a certain amount of time to be able to enter that game - or u have to wai until the next round starts.

The x_rules.xml only says whether you can spawn in after a match starts - true or false.

But it duznt say how long you can spawn in for at match start before it defaults to not allowing players who just joined to spawn in - I think.

is this correct?

why do i ask - for a match like TDM no respawns ot TRR with respawns - if one team has just about eliminated the enemy but then players who joined the server 5 minutes after everyone else can enter - it would ruin the game. so there must be a default timer - how long is it though?

<lock_spawn_time value="60"/> is the default value in the xml for spawn lock. Annoying but I dont think this is what he was trying to get accross.

In your locked settings you have <start_condition value="2"/> I think thats right. Starts when all players are ready. So in other words. Anyone joining while game is in progress have to wait it out. Till next round starts. An immediate mod killer.

guys I think im going to have to back out of this mod. Release it as maps NO locked settings. The public is right.

Sooner or later the modded maps will be released one by one anyway.

this is the beta version specter.

the final release is this weekend - nothing is locked in final release.

- number of spawns.

- match time

- respawn time

- players ready or server ready setting

will all be server-sided.

all i need to know is....if someone was playing tdm and joined a match 10 minutes after a 15 minute match started - would they still be able to join in the match, or would they have to wait for the next round?

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

this is the beta version specter.

the final release is this weekend - nothing is locked in final release.

- number of spawns.

- match time

- respawn time

- players ready or server ready setting

will all be server-sided.

all i need to know is....if someone was playing tdm and joined a match 10 minutes after a 15 minute match started - would they still be able to join in the match, or would they have to wait for the next round?

Most servers have a 60 second timer in which the player must select his class or else he will be locked out of the game until the next round.

who is setting that timer though? the server admin or is it a default setting which i dont need to code?

all i need is the answer to this question and i will have all code at 100%.

found it finally!! thanks viiper - it is server sided.....

<!-- Spawning -->

<var name="immortality_duration" type="number" default="6" />

<var name="spawn_time" type="number" default="15" />

<var name="spawn_on_side_switch" type="boolean" default="true" /> <!-- this defines if you are able to spawn when you change team -->

<var name="lock_spawn_time" type="number" default="45" /> <!-- (Seconds) Lock the player from being able to spawn -->

my coding is complete then - now we wait for castle day and the final TRR release.

It depends on the respawn setting. With unlimited respawns, you can join the round and begin playing at anytime. I haven't figured out exactly how it works with limited respawns. Either you can join and begin playing immediately as long as everyone already in the game still has all of their spawns, or you can join and begin playing immediately as long as no one already in the game has used all of their respawns. Again, I'm not 100% sure.