Total Random Respawns Download here...

No respawns is killing the game mode in my opinion. It's hard enough to get a TRR going, but then you have to wait once you join the server?
Exactly. Lightspeed went to a lot of effort to create 32 random respawn points that don't get used if the server is set to zero respawns. Like I said, server admins should not be able to dictate certain settings. It'd be like playing RvA but turning off the adats. What's the point?

The more I read, the more I'm convinced people don't want tactics or new game modes. They just want more people to kill on more maps. They want to push the other team into a corner and commence a slaughter, without having to think, kinda like the "console kiddies" everyone likes to criticize:

"I don't like TRR because someone could spawn behind me and interfere with me nading the spawn." :rolleyes:

(Sorry Lightspeed for going OT 0:) )

LOL. These are funny arguments. " It'd be like playing RvA but turning off the adats. What's the point?" cmon seriously.

trr is not a new game mode. Get real. Total Random Respawns has been out for a long time. If you wanted to create your own game mode you should release it as a new game mode pack not a trr pack.. dont you think?

"I don't like TRR because someone could spawn behind me and interfere with me nading the spawn." :rolleyes: I also have a problem with your sarcasm. PUT ON IMMORTAL TIME if not nading spawns is important to the server and the community that plays on that server. The XE server is NO spawn nading we admin it that way too. matter of fact we have a no gl policy too.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. These are funny arguments. " It'd be like playing RvA but turning off the adats. What's the point?" cmon seriously.
Lightspeed made a new game mode (for GRAW 2) that has 32 random spawn points that are activated after you respawn. Having a no-respawn server doesn't make sense. Play a different game mode.

trr is not a new game mode.
TRR is new to GRAW2.

If you wanted to create your own game mode you should release it as a new game mode pack not a trr pack.. dont you think?
He did release it as a new game mode pack. You won't find TRR for GRAW 2 anywhere else.

I also have a problem with your sarcasm. PUT ON IMMORTAL TIME if not nading spawns is important to the server and the community that plays on that server.
Good point. Which why I said some settings should not be dictated by the server.

The XE server is NO spawn nading we admin it that way too. matter of fact we have a no gl policy too.
I know, and I enjoy playing on your server. But, as far as I can tell, that fact is not relevant here. Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

My apologies!! I suppose making a bunch of trr maps and locking the settings is considered a game mode. My bad. With all due respect he should keep all the settings he released the maps with. I didn't realize they were part of the game mode he was trying to accomplish. It was very clever making a game mode that way.

On another note. I will be anxious to download and use a trr map pack if someone makes it available. It would be extremely nice to have trr maps available weather theres 1 death. 5 deaths or infinite deaths. Not knowing where someone wil spawn could really be cause for endless fun. weather its 5minutes, 10 minutes or 20 minutes.

I think you're referring to a version of TDM where the initial spawns are random. If so, then I believe one of those are in the works. Of course you could play TRR with no respawns, and that would be fine. It would just not be what he intended, which is not always a bad thing, I guess.

By the way, this response is predicated on the assumption that this comment was sincere:

I suppose making a bunch of trr maps and locking the settings is considered a game mode.
If you were being sarcastic, then never mind LOL.

This mod will be a winner Im sure, but 20 minn. round just is to much...

Id be happy could I just control number of respawns and the timer.

Havin 4 random insertionspoints at start, also gives some great opportunities even for playing without respawns, not knowing for sure where the other team starts.

Lightspeed. Nice job on the maps. I really like quite a few of them. training. one of the urban ones. and a few more. Im sorry to be a critic but i have just a few problems.

Why did you hard code settings?

1. why have a match time of 10mins and a round time of 20mins? Shouldn't it be the other way around and allow teams to switch sides? My personal preference is to keep round time and match time the same and set even rounds to true. It will automatically play another round.

2.Don't allow players to change kits with a 1 second respawn? Seriously. If i was taken out by a sniper, I would like the opportunity to snipe him back.

3.Am I seeing this right.... 5spawns? the fastest way to empty a server is to force ppl to NOT play. yes I agree it is alot funner having a match type game environment but the general public is just not that dedicated to stick around. If your gonna limit. Limit to 1. and make match time 5minutes. But shouldn't that be left to the server admins anyway?

4. You have it set up to server starts when all players are ready. What if one of my guys is AFK? not to mention what about the general public that just plain old sux. and dont X up.

I like the addition of trr on stock maps. I wish you would have kept their original names. trr_crashsite I think we all know how big the map is.

I like how you edited the mission maps and changing the spawns is fabulous. great job. There is a-lot of promise on this map pack. Please dont be offended by my comments.

Im looking forward to testing your final product. But I wont put maps on the server that I can not control the settings.

1. Round time and match time are something which need to be fixed - personally its a GRIN stuff up - why would u need a round time and a match time if you're only playing one round on a map - and yet it seems to be hardcoded - but ill look into it.

2. No changing kits an issue? This gametype is supposed to be a team strategy game - if I allow players to change weapons every time they die then tactics are lost. If you have to think about which weapon you will take bcoz you'll have it for the whle match, that equals more tactics. You could always pick up someone elses kit.

3. 5 spawns will empty a server fast? how so - explain the logic. Some ppl hate no respawns, some hate infinite, you hate 5 - I could say deal with it. But I will look to install no spawn number setting not just bcoz ur complaining but bcoz I had a brainwave - if you play with no respawns then the gametype becomes Random Teamdeath Match No Respawns :thumbsup: a new gametype.

4. When all players are ready can be changed and I will allow servers to determine the method - cosnider it fixed in the next version.

I had no time to play it yesterday for more then 20 minutes , but i like what i see so far . Great work Lightspeed.

I believe it will be even better when u fix those few things in new version.

I wonder if it is possible to add some colored circle to initial spawn points , and/or some mark on random spawn points on map like we used to have in clan custom maps in [GR]?

please explain maestro -

if you're asking me to mark out random spawn points and initial team spawns on map - sorry but there is no way.

the concept if we break it down is this -

imagine you're in a battle irl - you know theres a platoon of enemy forces out there somewhere but you're not sure where.

as u set up your defenses and prepare for battle you must also consider that this enemy force might get reinforcements (in this case the respawns)

therefore to be a winning platoon you have to work as a team to protect yourselves from attack from all sides - in addition you know that at some stage you too will have reinforcements (your respawning team members) and with teamwork you can attempt to divide the enemy team and pick them off one by one.

this is the concept of the gametype - team battles with reinforcements.

to remove respawns can be done to set it up as a team death match type of play, but really defeats the purpose fo this gametype.

by the same token - if a player knows they can take this weapon now, that one next and another one after that - why do they need to choose their weapon carefully? this is one of the reasons i remove the timed respawn - to make you choose carefull thereby increasing tactics.

now everyone isnt going to like it or agree with it, but I can say that thousands of GR players played thousands of these matches on hihgly competitive leagues with up to 100 clans - the gametype does not just work, it is loved by many [GR] players and I specifically targeted them and anyone else who wants to see how gr8 it can be.

if you dont like it...i promise i wont force you to play it.... ;)

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Lightspeed .. Good job on this mod!

Many of the things you have added to this mod is things I have been missing in GRAW2.. If this mod turns out the way I beleive you intend to and if it get enough attention then we might just see a little boost in the clan community, hopefully a ladder which will incorparate you mod!?

Well at least I hope so.

I guess it all depends on how much attention the mod is given tough

:thumbsup: Love the TRR idea Lightspeed..played it last night. Had a problem with one of the spawns. Spawn in a boxed in area that I could not get out...surrounded by the hillside and buildings!!

Also.... I think it would be a great idea to change all the names back to the original ones and not hardcode any server settings :yes: IMO Here is a pic of the spawn problem!! :unsure:

badspawn.jpg

You know. I may have gotten off on the wrong foot and I apologize.

I know your waiting for castle day and possibly others. It seems this pack is going to be very popular. any chance you could get with the tug team and include the vila map they made. It is quite good.

The idea being if there is one map pack out there that the majority of the servers are running. I think you will in a sence force ppl to get the maps.

Just an idea.

absolutely - i was just going to dowload any maps that havent been touched yet and trr them - whihc am i missing so far? i figure i might as well push on and try to break 30 maps.

whoever it was wanted the hh and other gametypes - they wont be in this pack - i may do it later but these custom maps are available to anyoe who wants to mod them for their own purposes.

my next project is to bust my balls some more and try to release one really good weapons kit.

Well i can see what you are trying to do Light and it's nice but what i would like is the possibility to have RiS on HH and TDM and no other changes to those gamestyles. Is that possible with yur mod

It does have the 4 random initial insertion zones, but respawns after dying are then in other random zones. Refer to his quote below.

2 teams will spawn in one of 4 random spawn points on the map - after that players killed will spawn at 32 random spawns placed strategically around the map

If you play without respawns (once Lightspeed updates the mod to allow that), then you have the game type you're looking for. If you want to play respawns with just respawn in one of the 4 initial random insertions, I would ask why? The respawn point can be easily identified and camped.

Well i can see what you are trying to do Light and it's nice but what i would like is the possibility to have RiS on HH and TDM and no other changes to those gamestyles. Is that possible with yur mod

It does have the 4 random initial insertion zones, but respawns after dying are then in other random zones. Refer to his quote below.

2 teams will spawn in one of 4 random spawn points on the map - after that players killed will spawn at 32 random spawns placed strategically around the map

If you play without respawns (once Lightspeed updates the mod to allow that), then you have they game type your looking for. If you want to play respawns with just respawn in one of the 4 initial random insertions, I would ask why? The respawn point can be easily identified and camped.

I prefer the old gameplay from [GR] with random insertion and no respawns. No spawn camping without respawns.

Lightspeed, thanks for all your efforts. I downloaded this last night but haven't installed it and it appears you are making changes. Are you going to patch those in or do we uninstall the old version and place the updated version in the folder? Thanks again from an [GR] Old Guy LOL

Edited by *FW*Casper