[Gamespy (server browser) is down (15 Sep 07)]

=AO=elMo

its still not working properly..

I got a CDKEY is in use error, on MY OWN server with only ME in it!

Then got in and the game booted me during play with a 'server connection lost' error. Again on my own server with only me in the game.

The refresh server list is taking ages sometimes and 1 in 3 attempts gives you a blank screen with no servers on it.

So to see if it was gamespy, I started my server in LAN mode and all is fine.

I am sure we did not all pay this money to have our gaming experience hamstrung by gamespy.

I have to laugh at the ESRB warning ...Gaming experience may change online..LOL Yeah change from working to total rubbish!

I have heard the following sentiment when reading posts on the forums mind you not in this thread but after trying to see the servers in the server menu several time over I feel compelled to post this: You know I keep hearing well, this is not the first game to have problems. That still doesn't make it right. When GRAW came out I played the demo and never, repeat never bought the game that's how bad I thought the game was. We as consumers need to start putting some pressure on game manufactures. Everyone will say they will just pay more attention to the console market. Well guess what not purchasing games from a company such as UBI effects more that UBI. It's a snow ball effect just think of all the computer parts that don't get purchased to play the "enhanced graphics". We and, I say "we" cause I bought this ####$###%% game as well. We are Lemmings and the game companies know it as long as we put our hard earned dollars on the counter for subpar games the companies are going to continue to make them that way. Where is the incentive to make them better? There is none. Just look at the junk on the market. Yet we shell out 400.00 for state of the art video cards, 300 + for new mother boards, 400 for new ram, 400 for new monitors, just to keep up with what? A $50.00 game that can't even keep a server menu up and running. Sure Gamespy shares a part of the responsibility here but UBI made the hand shake and it's not any big secret about the track record of Gamespy dating back to GR. You may disagree with my thoughts but until we stop enabling the game companies this is what you will get.

Edited by *FW*Casper

Ok, never had any problems like this before, was playing the game last night also. Log on this morning and no servers are showing up whatsoever. Log out and log back into gamespy, nothing. I can create a server, but none are showing up for me to join.

Any ideas?

[Merged with existing thread]

i still have the problem 7 hours of total s%#t, and i was able to start a TocaRD3 game only to get cut off and then they hit me with loss of ratings points a total of 60, the #######....

But back to topic ........ have u tried Hamachi server to hook up, it works well...... and best of all No GameSpy :lol::ph34r:

[3.8] Vulgarity Swearing is not permitted, it only degrades the forum and dilutes the debate. Posts of a sexual nature or of inappropriate images are included in this rule.

Edited by Tinker

I have heard the following sentiment when reading posts on the forums mind you not in this thread but after trying to see the servers in the server menu several time over I feel compelled to post this: You know I keep hearing well, this is not the first game to have problems. That still doesn't make it right. When GRAW came out I played the demo and never, repeat never bought the game that's how bad I thought the game was. We as consumers need to start putting some pressure on game manufactures. Everyone will say they will just pay more attention to the console market. Well guess what not purchasing games from a company such as UBI effects more that UBI. It's a snow ball effect just think of all the computer parts that don't get purchased to play the "enhanced graphics". We and, I say "we" cause I bought this ####$###%% game as well. We are Lemmings and the game companies know it as long as we put our hard earned dollars on the counter for subpar games the companies are going to continue to make them that way. Where is the incentive to make them better? There is none. Just look at the junk on the market. Yet we shell out 400.00 for state of the art video cards, 300 + for new mother boards, 400 for new ram, 400 for new monitors, just to keep up with what? A $50.00 game that can't even keep a server menu up and running. Sure Gamespy shares a part of the responsibility here but UBI made the hand shake and it's not any big secret about the track record of Gamespy dating back to GR. You may disagree with my thoughts but until we stop enabling the game companies this is what you will get.

I Totally agree with what u have posted, our purchasing of these games is the hub of all manner of parts and add ons so it is a huge ripple effect and We as Consumers, should rip the gold laced carpet right out from under them, because what they are doing is extorting money from us ...... :angry:

And Surprise !! Surprise !!! some ToiletRoll has done a wipe job on my post already, i would expect this to happen .... but its in the too hard basket to get a response from the bosses and or mods about the lousy servers, in the early stages of this being a major melt down ........... yeah Thanks for nothing

Edited by oz_reg

I Totally agree with what u have posted, our purchasing of these games is the hub of all manner of parts and add ons so it is a huge ripple effect and We as Consumers, should rip the gold laced carpet right out from under them, because what they are doing is extorting money from us ...... :angry:

And Surprise !! Surprise !!! some ToiletRoll has done a wipe job on my post already, i would expect this to happen .... but its in the too hard basket to get a response from the bosses and or mods about the lousy servers, in the early stages of this being a major melt down ........... yeah Thanks for nothing

As stated, swearing in our Forums is against our Rules. :nono:

If you feel it is Gr.Net`s fault that Gamespy is down, and want to continue this Little Rant, pls feel free to PM an Admin to have your last post Edited.

Swearing and Ranting here will do you no good what so ever.

If you would also like to PM me immediately as to why you are also now insulting the staff (ME) I am waiting to hear your reply. You may risk further action, that i leave for you to decide.

3.4] Forum Moderators : Abuse directed at Forum Admin or Moderators will not be tolerated and will result in instant account deletion for the offender. Staff members are carefully selected and have my full backing, they give their own free time to dedicate themselves to this site and abuse directed at them will not be tolerated.

Thnx

Tinker

And Surprise !! Surprise !!! some ToiletRoll has done a wipe job on my post already,

Posting rights revoked. Grow up or move on.

Your account will be reactivated once you apologise to the staff member (Tinker) and then send a request in for re-opening your account.