Ghost Recon.net Forums

Is GRiN working on a new patch?

Hey all... no intent on starting a flame war here... but I posted a new CTD bug a few days ago to the bug sub-forum but it hasn't been validated yet... that got me wondering if we should bother reporting new bugs.

Anyone heard anything? Can someone from GRiN at least let us know if we should continue reporting them?

Thanks!

-John K.

just post them i'd say, no harm in that.

once they find more than enough bugs new or old in the forum they might respond, but i guess they are still working on something cause one might read that in their answeres when they are talking.

Hey all... no intent on starting a flame war here... but I posted a new CTD bug a few days ago to the bug sub-forum but it hasn't been validated yet... that got me wondering if we should bother reporting new bugs.

Anyone heard anything? Can someone from GRiN at least let us know if we should continue reporting them?

Thanks!

-John K.

Nice post...

I think there are more add ons needed then bug fixes but still a lot of bug fixes.

I could go on and on about what I think is needed but I am sure its already been posted somewhere else.

I hope we get an update soon; it being news or patch.

I can confirm there is one in the works... but i have no idea of date nor time nor how soon. One fix i know that is being worked on is the screenshot bug for tags like mine (special character = no screenshot bug due to the file name being the person's name)

There isn't anything awaiting validation. Has it now shown up or is it still "missing"? :unsure:

Is it possible it was a duplicate bug report and was merged with an existing thread?

There isn't anything awaiting validation. Has it now shown up or is it still "missing"? :unsure:

Is it possible it was a duplicate bug report and was merged with an existing thread?

I submitted it over the weekend.... I got the standard "this must be validated before it will appear" message, etc. It was about a CTD in a particular mission. The sub-subject was SP - v1.04. I don't think it's been merged with something else since nothing else with a recent date deals with a similar issue (as far as I can see). I just checked and it's still not on the bug forum.

-jk

Just looked and your post is here , been there for 3 days

Looks like it was moved as it wasn't a proper bug report

This was an error I had not seen before so I thought I would post it here.

The new bug report forum is not intended for people to just post their crash logs or "one off errors" (that's what the Tech support forums are for) but for properly detailed Reports of repeatable game bugs that affect multiple systems.

and as previously stated numerous times before each patch will be announced when it is ready and not before, so there is no point people keep making posts asking when it will be released and what it contains.

Pave - I was asking if there was relevance to continued bug notification. Don't worry about it... I won't bother to post them again based on the feedback received for this one.

And yes, the CTD was repeatable... again, mucho apologies if I didn't state that but a message asking me for clarification might have worked to resolve the issue.

-John K.

I was asking if there was relevance to continued bug notification.

You were originally asking about it "not being validated yet" (& a simple "show recent posts" would have turned it up)

But, Yes, of course it's worth posting crash logs and bug, error & problem reports (in the relevant forums)

People seem to be mistaking GRIN's "lack of posting" as a "lack of reading" and this couldn't be further from the truth, they read everything and take a LOT of notes.

if enough people post "Hey, yeah this happens to me too" then there is a stronger chance it is something that will get looked at. Just as if people sit back and don't mention things, there is less chance of it being looked at

And yes, the CTD was repeatable... again, mucho apologies if I didn't state that but a message asking me for clarification might have worked to resolve the issue.

No issue, But the onus is on you to include all relevant details when posting a report

People seem to be mistaking GRIN's "lack of posting" as a "lack of reading" and this couldn't be further from the truth, they read everything and take a LOT of notes.

Hmmm... interesting.. I hope what you claim is true.. but I am on these forums regularly and can't remember the last time I saw someone from GRIN on at the same time?

As for post, simply do a search and you will see that it has been quite some time since a member of GRIN has posted anything. Sorry, except Wolf.. but I still consider him one of us ;)

Don't get me wrong and I am not trying to be negative.. I truely hope there have been recent sightings and that GRIN is working on something to deliever to us. I just have a feeling that the majority of GRIN have moved on to something new..

Edited by IrishStout
Hmmm... interesting.. I hope what you claim is true.. but I am on these forums regularly and can't remember the last time I saw someone from GRIN on at the same time?

~

Don't get me wrong and I am not trying to be negative.. I truely hope there have been recent sightings

Not just a "claim", and maybe you should look down when at the main level of the forum

Members Online Today: 253 [Expand][Collapse]

Active Users Most members ever online in one day was 452, last accomplished on August 14th, 2007

The following members have visited today:

*FW*Casper, -|-aMMo-|-, -=ƒab=-, -Corax-, 2nd Ranger, 5timechamp, =AO=elMo, =EP_Geez, =KFORF=Maestro.dE, =TanAtoS=B52, =US=PUNiSHER, AB_Lt_Cmd_Riker, ADB5, Agent Smith, Alderei, AmEyeBlind, Angel of C-sq, AOD*BoG, Aracnid, arik, Avey, Ayu Taiyaki, »GG«BugsBunny, Bahger, Ballistic, bcamden72, Beaver, Big, bigcat75, BIGFELLA, BigLloyde, Biro, Black_Ghost, Bloooz07, Bota:16, Bounty_Hunter, BPR_MiK, Brettzies, BS PALADIN, BSR_Vhladd, Bubota, Buehgler_AS, Bugsplatter, bullo, bushwickbill, buttercupp, calius, Cangaroo.TNT, caprera, CaptBender, celeron, Cell*AFZ*, chilly-willy, Chrisp, CiASpook, cmcssc, COL. KNIGHT, Colin, Commander Outcast, cosmohk, Cpl Ledanek, CR6, CrazyMate, czrami, dagger, Daliz, Danish1705, Dannik, danno99, DerRelient, Diabolik, Dick Splash, dirtbag, doubletap, dporter, Drakane, Drazi, dreid, DTDWardenMac, Dust0r, Eagle_Eye, EasyCo, eighthnemesis, Endless Agony, EricJ, Evilducky, fedayn, Fiammeggiar, firefly2442, FI_FlimFlam, Fletch, FloppyDisk, Forrester, foxyboy1964, Geridak, GHOST_DesignatedX, gorgoyle, GrimeyAK, GRINWiking, GRiN_Bumbi, GRIN_GeckoGore, GRIN_Phillk, GT andyhux, Guard72nd, Hammer, Hana_JP, Hatchetforce, Hawkeye46, Headhunter506, Hockeystick, huddex, Iceman87, Ick, IrishStout, Janekx, JasonFMX, JeRyZ, JJUK, JTF-2, jubejoob, Judge_Recluse, JungleG1337, Kakanater, Kanima, kastew, kestrel, kilbil, kretzj, krise madsen, KRP 56, Kung-Fu, Kurtz, Lancer, LARSA, LasseThid, Lethal.Ambition, lfm3, LFO, lobofiero, LRSD-781-, MadMike, Magnum50, Malleus, maxxxim, McGhost, Metal_Jacket, migryder, mii_eric, Militiaman, MRDEATH[GoD]Gen, MrNothing, Muddy1, mwgfghost, Mysticaly, naca-yoda, Nailbomb72, nailer, nebula24, niccola, Novelty, Nutlink, NYR_32, Odd Socks, oz_reg, PainExposer, Palanoid, Panic, Papa6, Parabellum, parry, Pave Low, Peace, ph3nom, Phlookian, PONDLIFE, PoW_LigHtsPeEd, Quekel, Rabban, RAbbi_74, Ratte, Raw Kryptonite, Rbrad1, REN_KYA, rickvs, Rifler, Rimsy, rjgat, RnegadeVyp3r, Rocky, ROCO*AFZ*, rookie, Rpghard, rsf_spurdog, ruggbutt, SCE_COB77, Scubaman3D, seiken05, Serellan, sgt.hoot, sgt_sid, shaBAM!, ShadowViper, shingfd, silvrbak, sktrbssmn, Sleepdoc, sleeper, sliuman, Slow, Slug_72VFW, SnowFella, SOF_WOLFF, Stalker007, stormcrow, strike, subaru swift, Sunraa, Sup, Tanis, tanner, tecmic, th33f., TheOwl, Tinker, tools, Traveler, TRC, User Name, V.P., Vampyre11, viiiper, ViktorLang1, WAG_RINGPULL, wbirkin, WDA_Slayer, WD[13th]B071LD3, weepiglet, Whisper_44, WhiteKnight77, WytchDokta, XE_Specter, XLs, xtraclip, Yorkshire Sniper, Yukikaze, Zebb, Zeko, ZJJ, Zoot, [MAD]Inferno, [sPQR]The JAckal, [ZA]Zenjant, }PW{ Postal

and those are just the accounts that have "come out"

I visit these forums frequently, but only post if I think it is necessary. I "like" the single" player portion of GRAW 2, just like I enjoyed the single player of GRAW1 and [GR] (all THREE). I think that if someone complains about something in Multi player, they have a right to do so. $49.00 US dollars are not easy to come buy. I work for the USPS and make 24.24 an hour...Most don't even come close. So if they have a "######" about the game in MP, then they have the right to state so. And if they want to know if a "PATCH" is in the works, they have the RIGHT to ask! Money is money, I appreciate what the GRIN folks have done, however, (just like I work for the Postal Service and most don't like Us) they must realize that people don't want a "good try" they want a "good game". IMHO, 5 or 6 MP Maps is rediculus! Maybe 8 or 15 would be good.

Sorry, if I ruffled some feathers, but people desire what they pay for...and believe me, I don't ask nicely when I think I have been wronged or "cheated". Just my Humble Opion. Have a nice day :) ( I was a Cop in the US Army :rofl:

Rbrad1, there were 8 maps for TDM :)

This game doesn't have a whole lot to offer though. Between the annoying bugs and lack of variety the game gets stale quicker than most decent FPS games, much less tactical shooters.

No nasty intended towards Pave Low ( :flowers: ) but...

Reading (with or without note-taking) is not synonymous with actually "working on" a patch! :rofl: My observations are in line with...
As for [Grin's] posts, simply do a search and you will see that it has been quite some time since a member of GRIN has posted anything... I just have a feeling that the majority of GRIN have moved on to something new.
Anyhow, I hope we can let it be okay for kretzj (& others) to ask about patch status; if every (repetative) post became cause for troubles, we'd have lots of troubles here. :FIREdevil:

Anyone who has kept up with any of the numerious patch discussions over the years or recent months will be well aware by now that you will never read anyone from a developer or publisher announcing or even hinting at patch release details on these forums.

So yeh you can ask, but it is utterly pointless.

Anyone who has kept up with any of the numerious patch discussions over the years or recent months will be well aware by now that you will never read anyone from a developer or publisher announcing or even hinting at patch release details on these forums.

So yeh you can ask, but it is utterly pointless.

I have to respectfully disagree. Last year we were well aware of GRiN's plans for patching GRAW1, including beta testing of patches, if memory serves.

Besides, trying to drag my original thread back on-topic.... I wasn't necessarily interested in the release schedule of patches, but more to the point, should people continue to post bug notifications? I would have been very happy with a simple "please post bug notifications until further notice" from any one of the GRiN boys and this thread could have been closed. I could have read between the lines and no further comment would have been necessary.

I voluntarily ask that someone please close this thread as we are clearly well beyond, 1) my original intent, but also 2) salvaging any value in allowing it to continue.

-John K.

I visit these forums frequently, but only post if I think it is necessary. I "like" the single" player portion of GRAW 2, just like I enjoyed the single player of GRAW1 and [GR] (all THREE). I think that if someone complains about something in Multi player, they have a right to do so. $49.00 US dollars are not easy to come buy. I work for the USPS and make 24.24 an hour...Most don't even come close. So if they have a "######" about the game in MP, then they have the right to state so. And if they want to know if a "PATCH" is in the works, they have the RIGHT to ask! Money is money, I appreciate what the GRIN folks have done, however, (just like I work for the Postal Service and most don't like Us) they must realize that people don't want a "good try" they want a "good game". IMHO, 5 or 6 MP Maps is rediculus! Maybe 8 or 15 would be good.

Sorry, if I ruffled some feathers, but people desire what they pay for...and believe me, I don't ask nicely when I think I have been wronged or "cheated". Just my Humble Opion. Have a nice day :) ( I was a Cop in the US Army :rofl:

I agree 100%. I work for the Fire Dept. and was waiting for this game to come out for a while. Only to be disappointed because they had to delay it. I thought to myself, well a delay is not bad if they fix all the bugs. Finally the game comes out and it's full of bugs. I have been a great supporter of UBI since Rainbow Six to current. WE NEED A PATCH FOR ALL THE BUGS IN THE MULTI PLAYER AND SERVERS. LETS GET OFF VACATION GRIN AND START GIVING ME MY MONEYS WORTH. MONEYS WORTH=FULLY FUNCTIONING ALMOST BUG FREE GAME.

THX BuFFaLo-SouLjaH