TuG FireFight v1 Released

Beaver

We are pleased to announce the v1.0 release of the TuG Firefight game-mode for GR:AW2.

.TuG.Tinker has worked hard over the last few weeks with some great help & support from GRIN_Wolfsong (Thanks dude!) to get this ready.

This v1.0 release includes 8 FireFight maps:

City (Night)

Dam (Night)

Lagoon (Day & Night)

Timber (Day & Night)

The Cut (Day & Night)

Download via our 'Downloads Section': Downloads

Note: All Bugs should be reported via our Project Tools here.

10/09/2007 - v1.0 - Initial Release.

Thanks & enjoy! smile.gif

The TuG CO-OP [London] Server has been updated with this new release.

Note: Please remove the old beta1 bundle.

Now this adds replay value to the game for sp/mp types alike, thanks TUG team and Wolfsong as well. Really enjoyed the city environment, hope to see more of those. No bugs noted during first round of play, played very smooth. Found it very playable, even lonewolf, as I'm an sp type only. Feeling bold enough to try the "ultimate" series when it comes out. Well done.

just a question...

is the 15 minutes round/match time hard coded in the bundle ?

it feels tooo short and like you need to get going... ?

the cut day version ROCKS, it really turns out great, yet again those 15 minutes

oh and "we have a winner" what is that ? i am not taking it too seriously but the first time i saw it it was kinda weird.

but over all great bundle, thanks :D

*the city_night has some missing textures and you can get out of the map on some places

will try to mark them next time on the map and be more specific.

just a question...

the cut day version ROCKS, it really turns out great, yet again those 15 minutes

oh and "we have a winner" what is that ? i am not taking it too seriously but the first time i saw it it was kinda weird.

*the city_night has some missing textures and you can get out of the map on some places

No the time is not hard coded. Make sure you add the gametype settings section to your config, otherwise it'll default to 15 mins & 32 players.

The city map that tinker used was not the final version of broks TvT map - we'll look at updating it shorlty.

If you can - please post the bugs on our bug tracker, so we can follow them up, thanks.

just a question...

No the time is not hard coded. Make sure you add the gametype settings section to your config, otherwise it'll default to 15 mins & 32 players.

The city map that tinker used was not the final version of broks TvT map - we'll look at updating it shorlty.

If you can - please post the bugs on our bug tracker, so we can follow them up, thanks.

ummm....... what?

Slow

• 2 weeks later...

can you make the AI harder? Each time I serve these maps my game is at normal level, what about hardcore?

Hi Tek

Try add a new "server_settings type" in the dedicated_game_info.xml (if dedicated server)

<server_settings type="ff">

<game_difficulty value="hardcore"/>

<max_deaths value="0"/>

<max_players value="12"/>

<spawn_time value="15"/>

<start_condition value="2"/>

</server_settings>

IF hardcore will make a difference, this is one way to activate it.. (dunno if theres another way)

Edited by Chrisp

• 5 months later...

Tinker, is it possible to change the time limit on a NON dedicated server. For example I just play them lonewolf on a offline lan server I create. Or do I have to created a dedicated server in order for it to work? Thanks to anybody who can help a brother out.

Tinker, is it possible to change the time limit on a NON dedicated server. For example I just play them lonewolf on a offline lan server I create. Or do I have to created a dedicated server in order for it to work? Thanks to anybody who can help a brother out.

Still awaiting a fix from some dodgy scripting by WS! Had to include a timer, because sometimes, not all enemy activate, and game never ends.

;)

Still awaiting a fix from some dodgy scripting by WS! Had to include a timer, because sometimes, not all enemy activate, and game never ends.

;)

LOL, not a problem. Great fun doing them lonewolf. It just seems like I really have to sprint everywhere I go to try and finish a map. Are there 50 enemies on every map? I think the closest I have come to finishing is 46.

Edited by dporter

;)

LOL, not a problem. Great fun doing them lonewolf. It just seems like I really have to sprint everywhere I go to try and finish a map. Are there 50 enemies on every map? I think the closest I have come to finishing is 46.

There are 16 out of 32 patrols picked at random each game. All teams are different sizes, no idea how many in total.

I can look at converting these to Recon tomorrow. No timer, and no need to kill everyone, just get whole team to an extraction zone. Maybe throw a tank in there 2. hehe

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Would be great if anyone has any issues with this firefight mode, and these missions especially in the tug firefight pack. Pls let me know. I want to build them up a little, and add them to the firefight section.

:)

Found issues

Backgrounds at night need removing, or replacing with something nice. Needs help. :(

These missions need fixing to end when last team are gone. Will investigate from where I left this last. Also add some extra guards/snipers/rpg. Just a firefight, Tanks, Helicopter`s, Adat`s, Howitzer`s, all could be in there.

<_<

Any ideas for firefight mode?