Display issues

weepiglet

Hi there, hope someone can help me?

I am running Windows Vista, Dual Core 6600, Gainward 7950GT, 2gig RAM with a Viewsonic VE710b display which normally runs fine.

I have installed "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2" and although everything went fine, as soon as I try to launch the game my display shows horizontal lines that are sometimes multi-coloured and sometimes greenish. I can still hear the music etc but cannot get the screen back to normal so always have to do a reset which is not good for the PC. I have updated the drivers (non-signed) from viewsonic website, followed instructions on the NVidia site for the microsoft hotfix and new Forceware Release 163 drivers but nothing works!

Anyone got any suggestions cause I am going mad?

What drivers are you using for your gpu? The latest 163.xx beta drivers work perfect with the game. The official 162.18 WHQL driver does not work properly with GRAW2. I had a problem similar to yours when I used the 162.18 drivers and it was fixed by either using older drivers, or the latest beta drivers available at Nvidia's www.nzone.com . The latest version is 163.67.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read your entire post before I posted. I see you already tried the latest drivers. Disregard what I said above.

Edited by Demanufakture

What drivers are you using for your gpu? The latest 163.xx beta drivers work perfect with the game. The official 162.18 WHQL driver does not work properly with GRAW2. I had a problem similar to yours when I used the 162.18 drivers and it was fixed by either using older drivers, or the latest beta drivers available at Nvidia's www.nzone.com . The latest version is 163.67.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read your entire post before I posted. I see you already tried the latest drivers. Disregard what I said above.

Try the latest BETA driver from nvidia http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...betadriver.html

I had similar problems but with the Nvidia beta 163.44 drivers & MS hot fix mine was cured. :unsure:

Ok, I have done all of this and it is still happening haven't tried the new 163.67 beta drivers available off NZone!!

What I have discovered though is if I go into the Nvidia control panel (right-clicking desktop) and reducing the colours to 16 bit instead of 32 bit then it will load ok albeit with loads of pixels flashing on the screen. Does this suggest that my graphics card cannot handle the game? It is a 7950GT so I thought it would be full proof for a few years!!

Is there anyway I can get full resolution, true colour (or 32 bit) by cahanging any other settings?

Thanks for your help guys.

• 2 weeks later...