What would you change/add?

I've seen a lot of compliment and complaint threads before, but now that the game has been out for a couple of months and people have gotten a feel for it, what would you have changed or added to the game to make it better? Personally I would have liked all of the following:

1. Better weapon balance. As it stands there is no reason to take any other sniper rifle over the M99 for example. I know it's an old argument, but I still believe it's a valid one. Same with the grenade launcher. It's still easily used on targets less than 10m away without a problem.

2. More coop focus. Right now coop is extremely lame. There's no way to give orders to your teammates (even in campaign coop!), no way to form up a squad, no scoring for anything other than kills, no option to choose between kits or custom load outs, and even no variety. How long do you honestly think you can play 3 coop maps?

3. More server options. Things like being able to restrict certain kits server-side. Or being able to decide what time of day a map is.

4. More environmental effects. Things like snow, rain, lighting, thunder. I'm pretty sure rain and snow are possible because of the floating things on maps like "Get Me Rosen" and such, but it's just not there.

5. Scope sway. This would prevent those that easily bring up their scope, strafe, and get a head shot on you without a problem. It's one thing to be able to hit a man sized target at 50m while strafing, but it's another thing entirely to be able to pick someones head off without a hitch. Not to mention give a complete advantage for the guy standing still shooting versus the guy who ran, slid, and fired off a burst into your stomach.

6. Audio. It doesn't matter if it's a piece of paper or 8 inches of concrete between you and a person, you can hear every little movement they make. Totally defeats the purpose of a multi-tiered map. And another thing, why can you hear every little movement so easily? It's almost like moving around with a cowbell around your neck when there's a building between two people and you try to crouch walk towards him.

7. Damage model. I can't stress this enough. It's so annoying to shoot someone in the arm, have them spin around and blow your head off. Or nail their leg and have them run away. It doesn't even need to be complex, just different models for the arm shots, leg shots, and chest shots.

I'm sure others have more, and I know a lot of this has been asked for already, but I just can't decide whether or not to classify GRAW 2 as a tac shooter like [GR], Raven Shield, SWAT 4 and their predecessors, or to label it an arcade shooter with Counter-Strike, Battlefield 2, and Call of Duty.

To be honest i lost interest in this game durring the first GRAW. I've played both the single player and multiplayer demos of GRAW2 and thought it was more of the same so I admit my experience is limited.

my problem was the engine used for the game seemed limited so there's nothing really to be done about that.

my wish would be to give the next GRAW to the "Crysis" boys as that engine seems to match the original spirit of ghost recon.

Imagine GRAW like this ?? I'd be back in a heart beat !!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/103158.html

I wholeheartedly agree with your views Nutlink.

1. The coop weapon selection has to be the same as for SP.

2. A method for abling/disabling mods from within the game.

3. Bring back the limp from [GR] for leg wounds. Increase the weapon/mag change times and affect accuracy for arm or chest wounds.

4. The 99 can be solved easily by making it so that it cannot be accurate unless the firer is prone. That's just an xml tweak so I can't see why we don't at least get that one sorted in the next patch.

5. And above all other changes, A BUTTON TO TURN OFF THE NARCOM!

I wholeheartedly agree with your views Nutlink.

1. The coop weapon selection has to be the same as for SP.

2. A method for abling/disabling mods from within the game.

3. Bring back the limp from [GR] for leg wounds. Increase the weapon/mag change times and affect accuracy for arm or chest wounds.

4. The 99 can be solved easily by making it so that it cannot be accurate unless the firer is prone. That's just an xml tweak so I can't see why we don't at least get that one sorted in the next patch.

5. And above all other changes, A BUTTON TO TURN OFF THE NARCOM!

Agreed, plus (and this is all SP since I'm not a big MP player):

6. Add the ability to run while changing a mag... make me take longer to change it but for God's sake forcing me to walk slowly while changing a mag is one of the most ridiculous scenarios I can possibly consider.

7. Fix the bug that I've posted in the Bug Forum about Quicksaves. When you load a quicksave it doesn't always restore your position... if you're prone (sniper) when saving it can restore you standing fully upright. Not a good thing.

8. Less kit restrictions. I want an M14 for range but I want a secondary rifle that's better than a 9mm MP5SD. I'd be willing to sacrifice a sidearm if I could do that. Make the kit restrictions weight-based, not class-based.

9. Can I just re-state your #5 and consider it a second item? NARCOM just ###### me off.

10. The AI accuracy is almost as ridiculous as the old [GR]... in [GR] you could get an untrained farmer with a dirty AK47 make a single round headshot from 100 yards. I've seem the same level of "accuracy" with the GRAW2 AI. The turret gunners seem to have hyper-accurate hearing... any sound from you within a range and you have about a half-second to drop to the ground. Again, having fired a similar .50 cal turret weapon myself I can tell you it's simply NO WHERE NEAR that easy

11. I've noticed that at times you can drop your SECONDARY weapon to pick up one off the ground (thus keeping your primary), but in other levels it seems even if you're holding your secondary weapon, when you press X to pick something up it drops your PRIMARY anyway. Most times I'd want to drop my MP5SD to pick up something else, not my primary weapon. I can't even tell if this behavior is consistent (design criteria) or a bug.

12. For some reason it seems to me there is only one distance for how far you throw a grenade... max distance. On the first mission I wanted to just toss a grenade over the building from the higher perch I was on. I couldn't do it.. the grenade was thrown at max distance each time, rendering my strategy useless.

13. I agree with someone else's comment that the first map is one of the most "open", and Quarry seems to have a few options (once you get INTO the quarry)... but all other maps are definitely locked into the "corridor" game mode... and having NARCOM kill you for stepping outside your boundary because you're trying to do something out of sequence is plain positive proof of this (In Quarry, try to walk up the winding road to the first guard camp without actually securing the entrance first. It will kill you. That's stupid... I wanted to get up to the top and set up a sniper perch but the game won't let me)

I only play multiplayer so my comments are limited as such.

1. Lower the damage required for a kill. Theres scores of "boom head shot" games out there. Bring back the "you get caught in the open, you pay" type of game style.

2. Bring back the gimp.

3. Get rid of the red dot opponent in bush's search function.

4. Reduce the amount of screen blockage when using a combat sight. I can understand a high powered long range scope centering your view in a larger scope, but not being able to see 70% of the already limited FOV with combat scopes make them useless for my type of gamestyle.

5. Reduce the chat, kill notification, tagging notification etc that blocks a large portion of the screen.

Please, for the love of God, put some instant action SP modes in there! Firefight and Defense would be great, and certainly increase longetivity.

Pretty please? :rolleyes:

Good catch! I second this. Firefight and Defend are still the primary reasons I play [GR] SP to this day...

-John K

Good catch! I second this. Firefight and Defend are still the primary reasons I play [GR] SP to this day...

-John K

Exactly. When I cannot be bothered playing an objective based mission, or playing online - the one thing I like to do is start up a good Firefight. If this made it into the next patch, I would be a very happy man :)

Did not see this mentioned (all MP related)...

-Optional 4 insertion zones for t vs t MP with a random first insertion option (like [GR] had).

-"After-action" chat possible (i.e., chatting when the stats is displayed)

-Change the direction of the chat scroll so the most recent entry is displayed in bottom (older entries scrolling upwards, exactly as it was in [GR] and GRAW 1)

- Replays

- Make bushes rattle/sway when players hide in them and move, currently there is no collision at all.

12. For some reason it seems to me there is only one distance for how far you throw a grenade... max distance. On the first mission I wanted to just toss a grenade over the building from the higher perch I was on. I couldn't do it.. the grenade was thrown at max distance each time, rendering my strategy useless.

Use your right mouse button to adjust the distance you throw like GRAW 1. I'd rather have had those 2 buttons switched though (left adjusts right is full power).

And Peace hit a lot of the little things on the head too, like multiple insertions, after action chat, and to build on the replays part, how about an actual anti-cheat that updates on a regular basis rather than once a month with a patch?

my wish would be to give the next GRAW to the "Crysis" boys as that engine seems to match the original spirit of ghost recon. Imagine GRAW like this ?? I'd be back in a heart beat !!!

You're basing your decision completely on graphics, as least from what your response indicates. GRIN finally got m/p gameplay right with AW2. Singleplayer? IMHO it's secondary. I've played thru the s/p on hardcore mode 3 times. Once you've played it you're done, m/p has a multiple facets. I hope you don't play much m/p cuz Crysis will be lacking in that area. That's the main reason that Crysis has backed Obsidian Edge 2 as a factory sponsored "mod".

I concur w/Peace on the random respawn m/p gametypes.

Edited by ruggbutt

Déjà vu.

I'd like to see a heavy tweak of the ROE, if you can see the target and the Ghost AI can also see it, is in position and is carrying equipment capable of engaging it, he should attack said target, when ordered, and not lip off.

The ability to put the AI into a prone or low-crawl position; GRs' solution (switching) wasn't perfect but its there and it works fairly well, in a game that was designed +7 years ago.

Functioning doors, and a few properly scaled buildings (w/fixtures), would be nice.

Binoculars.

(SP)

____

This would be some patch, if it ever came to pass.

Which it won't. ;)

Déjà vu.

I'd like to see a heavy tweak of the ROE, if you can see the target and the Ghost AI can also see it, is in position and is carrying equipment capable of engaging it, he should attack said target, when ordered, and not lip off.

The ability to put the AI into a prone or low-crawl position; GRs' solution (switching) wasn't perfect but its there and it works fairly well, in a game that was designed +7 years ago.

Functioning doors, and a few properly scaled buildings (w/fixtures), would be nice.

Binoculars.

(SP)

Man, I can't believe I missed those. Again, great additions and I second each of them.

-John K.

Some of these have been mentioned but i'll give my list.

#1 Fully functioning Server controls with a gui or console only option on release. This includes being able to admin it without getting kicked out of the console if the map changes.

#2 Damage model. Even if there isn't injury per say, Increased heartrate/breathing when hit, slower to bring up gun and slower to move when hurt badly, plus jerk when hit (enough to throw aim off)

#3 Weapons. Even though the MP is balanced, I would rather see the GRAW1 way for loadouts. But... actually penalize the player for different modules. GL launcher with 2 GL's per say ... 1 second to bring them up for start, and add 1 sec to any aiming because of increased wait. Sniper without anything... quicker to scope. Pack a G18 = a little slower to scope. Add hand nades... even slower. ect. Let the player figure out the right balance of weapons per weight punishment. Also let us save our favorite kits.

#4 after action chat... that is a must and lets admins talk to the players that may have done something offending

#5 Message of the day shown on loading screen and server option to spam it ever 2 min or so for those that missed it.

#6 Detailed server logs with a timed delete that the Admin can set (so we don't have millions of them) and Player stats that we can set to export to xml on our site.

#7 In TDM... get rid of match time. It means nothing but an annoying beep to us TDM'ers. Let us set the # of rounds per map. That is all we need.

#8 Xfire / All seeing eye support so we can tell what game our buddies are in and can join them in game with a click of the button.

#9 All server commands should be live without the need to restart the server, including activating a mod (let it just kick those who don't have it and send them to an auto download of the mod if the admin specifies a website for it)

#10 When a vote process is started it needs to say who started it. So players can be warned by admins for starting one just to kick someone with a good score.

#11 Up to 4 teams and at least 4 spawn areas that can randomly be chosen by a gametype to start a team in. this adds to the replayability and can make longer maps shorter and vs versa

#12 Random maps

#13 Replays

#14 Movement in bushes... possibly extra exaggerated when they move as right now the orange blop from my mp5 is the only way i have to find peep hiding in the cut's bushes.

Oh and real time deathcam where you see what the player see's through there eyes. Scope, reload and everything (nightvision even) If we don't have replays at least we could fraps this.

That's all i can think of from the top of my head for now

basic idea: a team is a thing! what do teams want/do/expect/require/..? .. yes weapons, but what else? :P

i would like to see a whole team can join a game as a team and as team leave and join another game..

as admin a way to restrict/exclude/enable teams from game-server

this would need additional infrastructure:

a team-lounge-server - a place where teams met other teams and to appoint to turnaments or whatever

if both team-leaders agree in a match and a server, both teams join automatically the server as competitors.

balancing: team A have 8 gamer and the team B have 12 gamer => team B have 4 substitutes

the lounge-server LS need some technics lfor checking the game-sever suitable to requirements of teams:

the LS need ping-stats of gamer-pc(s) to the checked game-server. if the ping of one gamer out of configurable limits, as result the game-server don't fit for both teams per def.

The admin of game-server decide what maps to play or are allowed..

but i would like to enable team=restricted and map=arbitrary meaning the team is free to upload a map, so there enrich my map-sortiment :)

i think this idea is very extendabel

basic idea: a team is a thing! what do teams want/do/expect/require/..? .. yes weapons, but what else? :P

i would like to see a whole team can join a game as a team and as team leave and join another game..

as admin a way to restrict/exclude/enable teams from game-server

this would need additional infrastructure:

a team-lounge-server - a place where teams met other teams and to appoint to turnaments or whatever

if both team-leaders agree in a match and a server, both teams join automatically the server as competitors.

balancing: team A have 8 gamer and the team B have 12 gamer => team B have 4 substitutes

the lounge-server LS need some technics lfor checking the game-sever suitable to requirements of teams:

the LS need ping-stats of gamer-pc(s) to the checked game-server. if the ping of one gamer out of configurable limits, as result the game-server don't fit for both teams per def.

The admin of game-server decide what maps to play or are allowed..

but i would like to enable team=restricted and map=arbitrary meaning the team is free to upload a map, so there enrich my map-sortiment :)

i think this idea is very extendabel

Not much else to be SAID, It may already be posted but spawn on leader would be NICE, I'm getting tired of running to get back to the action. Now if we can just get GRIN to listen us out here, GRIN, you there? Here we are, RIGHT HERE, OUT HERE GRIN? GRIN? What was that? No, it was nothing......Oh well. Thought I heard something. Yes I did hear something, a cash register... cha ching. Got us again, dang.

Add

more coop content period, 3 maps and less hard coding of this game type as its a killer to mod. [GR].

Change.

For the future dont release a game that is not finished. This is twice now.

I would not like to see another Graw inside a 2 year period, the various scheduals need looking at for completion tasks, with 1 and 2 this is a major problem and cause of the above.

Im not sure how much work has gone into this game outside the scenes ie on forums by pm and emails, but it should not be left to the dev team to do this, it should be part of the official development and therefore paid to the dev team.

Instead of GRAW3, I'd like to see an expansion along the lines of Desert Siege and Island Thunder. That way the original game gets fixed (and updated) and maybe we have a chance to get some replays to combat the hackers.

Expansion packs also guarantee more sales of original GRAW2. Throw in a dozen maps and some fixes and charge $30-35 for it and you've got a good deal not only for the devs but for the customers. More maps would make this game pick up.

I only play multiplayer so my comments are limited as such.

1. Lower the damage required for a kill. Theres scores of "boom head shot" games out there. Bring back the "you get caught in the open, you pay" type of game style.

2. Bring back the gimp.

3. Get rid of the red dot opponent in bush's search function.

4. Reduce the amount of screen blockage when using a combat sight. I can understand a high powered long range scope centering your view in a larger scope, but not being able to see 70% of the already limited FOV with combat scopes make them useless for my type of gamestyle.

5. Reduce the chat, kill notification, tagging notification etc that blocks a large portion of the screen.

I think that some of the complaints and neccessary changes to be made are obvious to what a person who plays Ghost Recon should be. I for one thought that the one shot one kill was a very big topic going into this sequel. Knowing that these are advanced war fighters give you much protection in the field is now very obvious for it takes nearly a whole clip or a particularly good, or maybe should i say lucky shot to bring someone down, particularly in MP. For some reason i have not experience much lag at all with GRAW compared to [GR], by shooting a barrel or such that seems to tell me that the time line from squeezing the trigger and the impact of the bullet is really quite accruate in timing IMO. It just frustrates me to work so hard in tactics to just bounce some bullets off some guys armor, and then there is the possiblity ole boys got that sniper rifle on him, so this just creates problems that are clear and annoying. It makes for more frag use as well for the fact that you see a tango and your primary weapon is not getting the job done, well this leaves you with the option of using your frag way to much IMO. I think that if the OICW futuristic approach for weapondry would be a more of a balance that would provide for better game play IMO.

In MP the limitations of maps is really a bummer. I just don't understand that at all. I think the weapon use is pretty cool though, but I do understand what your complaint is on the limited view when scoping with a weapon. It is a toss up on what to pick, I end up getting frustrated with that as well. I think that has alot to do with trying to pick a weapon that is going to bring your enemy down as quick as possible. The gore aspect of this game is missing........what can you do.

I feel that the HUD for your friendlies could be toned down considerably, i feel the name above the player reduced in size would be sufficent, also when your team mate is traveling through the map there is no need to see his location through large mountains and buildings and such. When getting killed i feel that hearing the impact of a bullet is really cool like in [GR], and you don't get that in GRAW I feel that in the most arcade aspect of GRAW, and then the screen turns red and I don't like that. That could be simplified. I feel the upgrade in visuals is pretty cool, and the firing of weapons and the in game sounds are very impressive. Just some opinons. Thanks

A few patches with some CO-OP maps and a few more MP maps. Like in the GRAW1 patches.

Expansion Pack.. Expansion Pack.. new content, new maps, expanded single player plot..

GR1 was kept alive because of expansion packs.. not just the modders...

Edit the editor, so that modders can get maps out more quickly..

DO NOT RELEASE GRAW 3.. not yet.. EXPANSION PACKS first..

Edited by IrishStout