Magpul Masada V1.0 released

SnowFella

Yeah it's happened before SC and it's likely not the last time it happends either. From now on though I'll make a point of "marking" any new renders of reasonable quality with name and contact email adress.

That way I'll know if it's consiously when someone knocks it off, doesn't bother to contact me about it and maybe even edits out the details.

The image this site has up is spread in several different forum threads and hosted by a number of different places so it could be just uninformed usage.

@Lancer: Happy new year mate!

Trying to wear off some of that booze before you hit the sack mate? It's kinda late over on that side of the world right now!

Had to be a good boy myself this newyears...ended up designated driver :sob:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect it could be because of the fact it's set up as an ironsight. Then again even if you managed to put it onto another weapon it's likely not going to line up properly with the animation setup GRAW has.

And I just ain't got the time nowadays to go in and try to get it working with other rifles.

sry it was my mistake, forgot to give it a slot weight.

works nicely with your GRAW1 M4 and everything using the SCAR animations.

hmm the SAW *has* a moddable top rail, were there, at some point during GRAW1's development, optical sights supposed to be included? oh well, glad they at least included the option.

temp2in7.th.jpg

Edited by SpringMan

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, guess with the new patch out I'm going to have to release a new version of this if there's still some interest around for it.

Shouldn't be to hard to adjust the weapon ID's so that everything works again and maybe also add in the S&W M&P.45 handgun that I was working on once upon a time.

If I had the time I might do something like that but as I just don't have any free time it's very unlikely to happen.

Besides, I've already got a new aimpoint in the mod and the old PEQ2 is nowadays severely outdated. If I were to include a laster pointer it would be the new ATPIAL (AN/PEQ-15), that I have secured good reference pics of just recently.

i always found it interesting how they could make a special forces game without some type of 1911. but on the other hand, they didn't include a (real) AR15 either. would it be much work to you to include your M4 and its gizmos? i know most people here use Brettzies version, but there can never be enough guns in the game, and your mods only look good on your M4. i tried to port it myself, but don't know how to add the M4 M203 seperated from the Masada M203. however, i totally understand if you don't have time for (or interest in) that.

blablabla tl;dr: UPDATED MASADA VERY APPRECIATED!!!

Edited by SpringMan

In a way it wouldn't be all to much work to include the M4 from GRAW but I'd really rather not use that old model as it's severely outdated and in my eyes look like crap.

But we'll see what happends, I'll try to squeeze in some time on this to get it fixed to work with the 1.05 patch and maybe also add some extra material. That ATPIAL and something else I saw in photos from the 2008 SHOT show looks interesting and not to hard to make. :ph34r:

I could....but won't as I definately don't have any spare time to invest into figuring out how the sound system works.

What I'll likely do is fix up the weapon ID collision caused from the 1.05 patch, add the Smith&Wesson M&P.45 handgun and possibly some other slight alterations to the Masada's....possibly even make the new Magpul Massoud by altering my already made model.

Took alittle time today to knock up a reasonable texture for the M&P.45 model.

mp45-9-thmb.jpg

(Click for 1024x768 render)

Better resolution download link

For some reason the video's came out really bright when I ran my original through AVS Videoconverter in order to cut the size down to a more manageable one, didn't want to upload the original 50odd MB file though.

i pray to all the gods i know that you'll find the time for the ATPIAL and the Massoud.

about the sound: why not just make some wavs and refer to them in the XMLs? changed a couple of ingame weapons that way, as i find most of the sounds not "loud" enough, i like the shots a little more barking. but that's actually something anyone could change on his own, Ghost Recon1 gives some excellent samples.

Edited by SpringMan

In a way it wouldn't be all to much work to include the M4 from GRAW but I'd really rather not use that old model as it's severely outdated and in my eyes look like crap.

But we'll see what happends, I'll try to squeeze in some time on this to get it fixed to work with the 1.05 patch and maybe also add some extra material. That ATPIAL and something else I saw in photos from the 2008 SHOT show looks interesting and not to hard to make. :ph34r:

FMG-9 :ph34r: ?

Can't for the life of me understant why ppl want things like a PEQ or ATPIAL as there's no code in GRAW2 that supports it. The closest I can make it would be as a visible light laser.

Anyways, what I'm aiming for are to add in this.

Magpul Massoud 7.62x51

And

Fixed stock for CQBR's

As for sound, I know it's a personal thing but I kinda like the sounds already in GRAW2 and acctually dislike the weapon sounds that have been added in other weapon mods. They just don't feel part of the game as they are to different from the originals.

i *think* most of us don't want PEQs and tactical lights because of their usefulness ingame, but because they greatly add to a more "tacticool" look. but i know it isn't very motivating for a modder to add something just for looks.

As for the fixed stock, wouldn't it be more fitting for the Carbines?

I also hope you stick with the Masada name, although the new rifle itself does not. i can't stand those abbreviations anymore.

Oh, and thanks for the pictures. i can't visit SHOT personally and am grateful for every pic i find, and the Massoud is especially rare among them.

Edited by SpringMan

hmmm

i guess it is useless then ><

but i really do look how it adds more of a tactical look on it

ummmm

then can you make the eotech a fixed attachable sight thats not removable ?

and maybe but sites behind the eotech to add more magnification ?

and the tactical light isnt really useless

if your doing night ops

then it would be usefull to put it to handgaurds rail

Edited by MrNothing

Hmm...so that pretty much just means I can model the ATPIAL and permently stick it on the Masada's without really having to worry about making the laser work? That makes it tacticool only and with no real use what so ever....plus it will permanently be there so you don't have to give up other attachments in order to look "high speed - low drag"

As for Taclight's, same thing there really. Sure they light up the night ingame but as you can't turn them off they are of kinda limited use. Pretty easy to make one though if I felt inclined to do so, pretty much just make a normal and specular map for one of my old taclight models.

And you might find this interesting then Springman...nice little photo thread from this years SHOT show ;)

SMG Lee's SHOT Show photo tour, with plenty of Massoud pics.

Even got a videoclip of the Massoud being test fired on the last page ;)

Hey Snow, can't wait till you update this to work with the 1.05 patch. In my opinion, if an attachment isn't going to offer anything functionally, don't bother adding it. The Masada looks beautiful all in it's own right; "broken" ATPIALs or flashlights will just detract from it's beauty... it should be a crime ;)

And I don't understand why you'd want a flashlight on your weapon anyway... you have NVGs! And besides, it'd just give away your position the whole time.

BTW, any chance we'll see that "texture pack" with the black skins that you were working on a while ago?

Edited by Faceman

Well, it's in one pretty simple to make it compatible (just don't use the same weapon/mod ID's) but there's no real way of making it fully compatible without any editing needed. Plus there is that outstanding bug regarding mod ID's to take into account aswell.

Probably be easier to keep the 2 mods separate as I'm not really overly worried about popularity. I mod for my own enjoyment and if even one other person figures the work to be good enough to use that's just a plus for me.

As for the black texture pack, could be possible although I never really finished it. If I was going to release something like that I'd likely do it as a separate texture pack, ie just the texture files and other files needed in a separate download that you have to swap out yourself.

So say you want one of the rifles in black all you have to do is replace the original tan textures with new black ones.

Oh well, hopefully I'll get some work in on this in the coming week. Making it 1.05 compatible ought to be easy and quick but the rest might take abit of time as I'm flat out with BFS work.

thanks a lot Snow, my hand hurts from all the copypasta! already saw the Massoud vid, but most of the pictures are new to me. in the vid it looks like the newly positioned charging handle is reciprocating, or is this because it's a prototype?

if you don't find the time for it, i could write a combiner mod. my XMLs already have both mods plus some extras, but i don't want to fall from grace with TWO modders. So unless you AND Brettzies explicitly permit it, i won't give out more than advices for XML editing. i wanted to write a tutorial about mod combining once, but we don't really have that many mods to justify the effort.

Besides, combining isn't that difficult, you (non-modders) can all do it yourself, just take a look at the edited XMLs and how they function. The only obstacles might be the extra sights Snow and Brettzies added, but that isn't too difficult either.

If that's too much work, then make one folder for each mod and edit the context.xml every time you start the game, depending on which guns you want to use.

Edited by SpringMan