Magpul Masada V1.0 released

SnowFella

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weapon position as in?

Anything that has to do with how the character holds or handles any of the rifles are in the animation files, and so far noone outside of GRIN has managed to import working animations.

if you mean orgins for the weapon - i dont think it might be possible cause if it was, i think ppl would post it up how to lol. i dont know if it might help or not but if you want like a slight change in the weapons like view, try changing your aspect ratio in your setting for graw 2 lol

Asfar as I know that wouldn't be possible, sure you can move the weapon around as you see fit but then nothing would line up in the animations...heck the character wouldn't even be holding it properly.

And as a sidenote...whoever did that G36 seems to need lessons in differentiating left from right...it's mirrored.

Sure, I guess it could be a CS:C based thing but it still looks hillarious to me.

Well, the "easiest" way of doing it wouldn't be all new anims and everything.....a much easier way would be modding the FOV. GRAW2 uses a FOV that sits somewhere between 75 and 80 degrees, closer to 75 by my tests using a 3rd party program....so if you could increase that somehow you would get the kinda view you are looking for.

I already have downloaded + installed the weapon pack as instruction. But I dont know how to use it in game ???

Can I use it in SP or MP ??? And how different does it make to the original mod ???? Does it make the guns looked differnet from the origin as the pictures which Snow showed ???

• 4 weeks later...

Can't say that I have mate...for a few reasons.

First of all I no longer have a version of 3dsm installed that is compatible with the [GR] exporter, so I'd either have to reinstall 3dsm V5 or ship the models over to someone who's already got that installed. It's highly unlikely that I will do either of that...sure I have V5 on CD here but if I remember right it was a pain to have installed as it also installed a multitude of other applications and sharing models is something I only do with either employers or with members of a modteam that I'm on.

Secondly the models weren't made with [GR] usage in mind, without the more advanced lighting system and texture formats that GRAW uses they look utterly bland. Just about all the shading and detail in the models come from the normalmaps and specularmaps used, hardly anything is painted into the colour maps.

Here's a reasonable comparison of the difference between what the model would look like with and without those extra features GRAW and it's newer engine brings.

masada-comparison-thmb.jpg

(Click for larger image)

Both are rendered using the same lighting setup but the top model has the additional texture maps and the bottom one only has a colour map used....and is severely lacking in detail because of it. It would simply be to much work for me at this stage to bring the colour map up to a level where it would look good in [GR].

And there's my third reason....time. I have for a good number of months now worked as a modeler on a freelance/volounteer basis for Blackfoot Studios, working on various models for their upcoming tactical shooter. And even though I have chewed through quite a few models in that time I still have a long list of models left to do...and next to no available free time for other projects. I already work fulltime in a booring dayjob and cram in my modeling time during nights and weekends or generally whatever time that I can manage to sneak in.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW. No not world of warcraft. Wow as in this is amazing. I reinstalled the game to play by myself and then I installed this mod. This makes the game so much easier. I basically flew through the second mission. I got perfect on both the first and second missions. First mission I got Man of Steel and Black Ops. Second I got Black Ops only cause a guy got a lucky potshot on me when I was sniping. If I used this and Brettzies' mod, I don't even wanna begin to imagine how it would turn out. It sounds like you used the G36 sounds I wish Task Force Wraith would make a comeback and camo out all the standard issue GRAW 2 guns like they did in GRAW cause I think their ACUs look better than the ones put in by GRIN or UBI in this one. But great job snow. I really love the triangular scope for the CQB weapons. I think that is so awesome how you took one weapon and made like 5 different variants. I feel like an idiot. Tried putting Brettzies' files in with Snow's and I got Brettzie's intro movie but Snow's rifles. Cause I seriously think that would be bawesome to have Snow and Brettzies' mods in one. I'm gonna back Marcinko on this. Unfortunately I haven't been able to fire an HK 416 or 417 because I'm not even in the military let alone under SOCOM. Wish HK would release their weapons to the public. If we can own AR-15's and CAR-15's made by other companies, including Colt, here in the U.S. why can't we own the 416 and/or 417? And I haven't fired a weapon with a (I think it was) Holo sight but I have heard good things. But I don't wanna ask Snow to do more than he already has. The Masada mod already makes a big difference. Just wish I could get the Leupold sight on the M14 with this mod. Anyways, I'm out. Great mod, dude.

Edited by mwgfghost

Unfortunately I haven't been able to fire an HK 416 or 417 because I'm not even in the military let alone under SOCOM. Wish HK would release their weapons to the public. If we can own AR-15's and CAR-15's made by other companies, including Colt, here in the U.S. why can't we own the 416 and/or 417? And I haven't fired a weapon with a (I think it was) Holo sight but I have heard good things.

M, this is OT, but there are "ways" of getting 416s. I've seen a few privately owned 416s posted on AR15.com in the pic threads, but typically one is looking at well over three grand to get hands on one in full dress (and of course a real 416 would require getting a Class III tax stamp and an SBR stamp due to the 14.5 inch barrel). There might be some uppers floating around as well but I haven't seen any pricing info, but I'd have to guess $2500 or more and the majority of them would probably be used, and once again being subject to any NFA rules unless you had the muzzle device permanently attached. Much more worth your time to pursue an LWRC upper for about $1400 or one of the many other piston uppers from companies like POF, Bushmaster and so on, or perhaps even Ares' piston conversion for $400. One day Magpul will produce their Masada and we will all rejoice. The Robinson XCR is kinda cool, as well.

As far as an HWS, I owned one for a while. They are pretty easy to use and you can acquire targets more easily and faster than most optics- just a function of the large ring reticle. I just personally like the Aimpoint a little more for a number of reasons, mostly regarding battery life and the fact I had a carbine with an Vltor CASV system, elevating the optic too much for me to feel comfortable using the Eotech, though I may end up buying another one down the line again. Right now I'm trying to move some things around and acquire an ACOG, but I keep doing stupid stuff like buying new guns instead. :rofl:

Thanks mate.

I do have everything still saved though so there is always a chance I'll get some free time and the urge to release something in the future, at the moment though I'm still very much busy with BFS work and will be for the near future.

Thanks mate. Acctually having a blast working for them and learning plenty in the process aswell, the highpoly stuff I did for the Masada mod is more or less everyday stuff nowadays :devil:

Oh, and if I took every offer tossed my way now I'd really be a busy boy! Posted some pics of the Masada models in a Crysis modding forum earlier in the week and have sofar got 3 offers of joining already established modding teams, 2 of them pretty well known ones aswell :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

An email to the webmaster ought to do I'd say mate. In other cases I've already got a local, Whisper, who's offered to make a personal visit to the store :rofl:

Shame they ain't hotlinking it straight from my site though or I'd play a "joke" on them and swap the image out for something not so PG rated. Done that once before when someone was nicking an image of mine as background to his myspace page :whistle: