Magpul Masada V1.0 released

SnowFella

I found something that may be small but could cause some problems. In your strings under inventory you have 2 </stringsets> in there. One at the end of the file like it should, and one by this line <string id="stats_caliber_masada_spr" value="5.56 x 45 mm"/>. I dont know if thats going to cause any problems for that gun or what, but you might need to take that out.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found something that may be small but could cause some problems. In your strings under inventory you have 2 </stringsets> in there. One at the end of the file like it should, and one by this line <string id="stats_caliber_masada_spr" value="5.56 x 45 mm"/>. I dont know if thats going to cause any problems for that gun or what, but you might need to take that out.

:wall: yeah my dumb self double checked, it was my error, not yours SnowFella, it worky now :D

Oh yeah... just an overall observation about the CompM4/3X combo. If you like heavy guns then this is the setup for you. Even on the MR-C it's slightly better, but eventually you start to "feel" the weight on it. Seeing is much better on that weapon due to the mounting point (now if you'd just move the CompM4 more forward! :) ) as you get very little awareness off to the four corners of the screen but I wouldn't call it all the while reliable. Accuracy is no change but I would say using the combo should be more personal choice than recommended. It's again, a great setup, but for a mobile fight.. nah I can snipe just as easy with a reflex sight.

:oops::blush:

It is indeed meant to say 7.62x39 and not 7.62x45...nice catch mate :thumbsup: not even my resident weapons nut Whisper picked up on that one. All fixed now though.

Mental note: when under the influence of Wild Turkey tripple check all text in the future! :yes:

Cool. Another question, how does the 7.62x39 mag rock out with the 40mm attached? Or is the magwell on the 7.62x39 version modified to allow straight-down mag drop?

Looks great, btw!

@Evilducky: Thanks mate, it's taken out now in "my" updated version...with any luck I'll get around to fixing some other things during my days off from the dayjob.

@MrNothing: No real need to both post and send a PM about the same thing mate ;) But as I said in the PM reply...I'm very unlikely to start working on a new sound for them. Firstly I like the original sounds and secondly I'm flat out of any real time for this project as I have a new freelance project kicking off. :whistle:

@Serellan: Thanks mate.

Have to admit though that the 7.62x39 version isn't really a real weapon at this stage but instead "artistic licensing" from my part, I wanted to do a 7.62x39 version and simply adjusted reality to suit me. :whistle: Masada has released pictures of an AK style lower with standard AK mag release but that one was still chambered for 5.56x45, final chambering is more likely to be 5.45x39. But if they did release a 7.62x39 chambered version of that it would release the magazine in the same way a standard AK does, ie you have to push it forward for it to clear the magwell. Been a long time since I handled an AK but I still remember the hassles I had with seating and removing a mag quickly.

In a way though it ought to be possible to use an M203PI (rail mounted) on such a setup if you move the 203 far enough forward on the rail that it allows the mag to clear it....and that could easily be done on the model aswell by just moving the attachment point forwards.

@Eric: now that pic just makes me realise more and more that I shortchanged the normal map on that Reflex sight....there's to many errors in it for my liking! lol

I don't really think it's your fault, is that the rendering engine overexaggerates the textures maybe too much. For my M416 desert camo, the opacity is like 15% to like 20%, while the uniform texture I use is around... 15% or so? Of course it's in a sandwich of various opacities, but the net effect is what you see. It seems to get a good effect, you have to lower the opacity, then it renders it high. Personally I prefer WYSIWYG but GRAW2 is Lower The Opacity And We'll Exaggerate It. If you're at 100% then it'll be just black, no definition of substance, just black. The standard texture I use for Aimpoint is like 35% or so....

Nah, look closely Eric and you can see seams in the normal map where it shouldn't have seams. The colour and brightness is uniform over the whole model but there are places where the normal map gives hard edges where there are supposed to be soft ones.

Nah, look closely Eric and you can see seams in the normal map where it shouldn't have seams. The colour and brightness is uniform over the whole model but there are places where the normal map gives hard edges where there are supposed to be soft ones.

Ahh yeah... well after shooting with it for alot, I honestly haven't recognized that, but now that you point it out...

Can't say I have any plans right at this moment to make more optics, if I were to make something new it would be that HK417. But that's going to have to wait untill I get a lul in the other work I have on my plate at the moment.

Roger no problems :thumbsup:

Can't say I have any plans right at this moment to make more optics, if I were to make something new it would be that HK417. But that's going to have to wait untill I get a lul in the other work I have on my plate at the moment.

Unarguably one of the best rifles on the market right now, would love to see it Snow. Make sure to incorporate the holo sights, UBI f'ed up when the didnt make it the CQB sight, also unarguably the best optic on the market right now for the type of fighting GHOSTS do.

I know the thread is already praise-loaded, but damn fine job with the Masada (i guess nobody expected less, thanks to your frequent updates). A 417 would certainly be nice, this game is in dire need of some more battle rifles, like a long-barreled SCAR-H, or a SIG SAPR.