Magpul Masada V1.0 released

SnowFella

Found a bug for ya :)

With the standard 7.62 and the 3.5x red dot sight on (forgot its name) you'll see the red dot in front of the scope during the reload sequence. Nothing major, and the only reason I noticed was because I was using it on a night map.

Awesome set of weapons though, they look real slick.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eric: Good to hear they are working on other rifles aswell, although it technicly is going against the copyright info in the readme file to even try. Oh well, aslong as it is for personal use I won't be complaining.

Yeah I figured since I was just keeping it to myself right now it'd be safer that way. Nice work on the sights so far, and proably swag in the SPR and CQBR though, I should really try these weapons out...

And I just know somebody's going to ask:

http://562.50megs.com/GRAW2/Projects/gr46.jpg

Since it wasn't SnowFella's intent, you can figure this one out yourself..... note that this is at rest, not while moving to line the sights up.

I think there's actually a limit on "selectable" items. Since I've still yet to figure out most (I'm way to busy, which is why my mod has kinda fallen by the wayside, school plus real life has caught up to me for once) of the newer XMLs (GRAW1 was far easier, less to add but a challenge to cross sometime...) that are required. Maybe removing one or two (I have some personal suggestions but that's neither here nor there) of either Snow's or Brettzie's mods may allocate "room" for you.

Thank you gr.net staff for adding the install instructions on the download page. Helps us not so computer literate people.

Snow: I figured it would not be able to weapon mods at the same time. It looks like some might have figured it out but I'd rather not have to alter too many files to get the mods working. Thanks for the help.

I think there's actually a limit on "selectable" items. Since I've still yet to figure out most (I'm way to busy, which is why my mod has kinda fallen by the wayside, school plus real life has caught up to me for once) of the newer XMLs (GRAW1 was far easier, less to add but a challenge to cross sometime...) that are required. Maybe removing one or two (I have some personal suggestions but that's neither here nor there) of either Snow's or Brettzie's mods may allocate "room" for you.

I tried removing some 3rd party mods from a few weapons as well as removing one of the Masada Carbines.

I still couldn't select mods for the SCAR's and M416. :wall:

Cheers guys.

Due to the interest in this I've acctually been forced to take preventative measures and take the file down from my own server and let fileplanet bear the whole brunt of downloads. Since I uploaded it the file has clocked in excess of 650 hits on my server alone and with my webhosts "server usage" rules I fear I'm getting close to having the site suspended for infractions :blink:

@Eric: Now that Eotech/M416 screen looks a tad weird to me...I've never seen a lineup problem that features elevation aswell as side deflection :huh: The only thing I can think of that would be causing it is pretty simple acctually....and that is that I've zeroed it a tad bit wrong to start off with but as it sits so far forward on the Masada's you don't really notice it...but the closer it gets to the "camera" that small error gets magnified. I'll acctually look into fixing this for a future patch, easy to do but it will require me to re-export all of the models.

@shaBAM!: In due time I might think of some joint setups with Brettzies weapon mod, both him and I have to agree on it first though, but for the near future I'd like to keep this thing standalone. Understandable if you factor in that I do this thing as a freelance artist and any publicity I get is helpful to the "cause" 0:);)

@Eric: Now that Eotech/M416 screen looks a tad weird to me...I've never seen a lineup problem that features elevation aswell as side deflection :huh: The only thing I can think of that would be causing it is pretty simple acctually....and that is that I've zeroed it a tad bit wrong to start off with but as it sits so far forward on the Masada's you don't really notice it...but the closer it gets to the "camera" that small error gets magnified. I'll acctually look into fixing this for a future patch, easy to do but it will require me to re-export all of the models.

Yeah that's when I set it up as "steelsight", but without the EOTech reticule, it's on target, going off of the front sight post. However, when you set it up as a "combatsight", the point of impact is centered, however point of impact is higher than the sight itself a bit (as well as on the MR-C). I could try it as a scopesight but if it's just a modelling issue then there's no use.

And shaBAM, you got me man, that's a point that I don't know about. Perhaps you need to get with Brettzies and see what the issue could be. Maybe it's mod ids, that's usually an issue sometimes but then again, I doubt it as neither Snow's or Brettzies ids don't conflict with each other as well.

Just out of curiosity and boredom, I ran the M416 with the Aimpoint/3X combo. First off it didn't need any tweaking, just verify zero and took it on Joining Forces. It's good... and useful. Only real issue was some discrepancies in size, but whatever, it's nice all around. Weapon handling is where it should be, slightly cumbersome and got me wishing for an Aimpoint or Reflex, but that's real life anyways. I honestly wouldn't use it all the time, as I like the Aimpoint/Trijicon's more open viewing and fast target acquisition better, but as said, that's just my opinion obviously. The issue with the floating dot are apparent when you are in the prone, and when reloading the weapon. Other than that of course, it's great stuff :)

And just out of curiosity, how come all of them are setup as ironsights? When you can just specify the default mod top in the "u_weaponname" and set it as "1" in weapondata.xml? I'm trying to get the strings working since I don't use them as default sights but if I'm just missing something as usual?

And shaBAM, you got me man, that's a point that I don't know about. Perhaps you need to get with Brettzies and see what the issue could be. Maybe it's mod ids, that's usually an issue sometimes but then again, I doubt it as neither Snow's or Brettzies ids don't conflict with each other as well.

I'm pretty sure the ids are the problem. I actually renamed the Snowfella's addons so they wouldn't conflict with Brettzie's addons. :mellow:

The thing I don't understand is why only those weapons wouldn't work, I didn't rename any of the mod ids for mods for those weapons. The only thing different about them is that they are using the ACOG, and other weapons are using it and they work fine.

Anyways, I'm going to doing the xml changes again and see if I can get everything functioning, thanks for the help.

And again thanks for the great weapon mod Snowfella. :thumbsup:

Edited by shaBAM!

:oops::blush:

It is indeed meant to say 7.62x39 and not 7.62x45...nice catch mate :thumbsup: not even my resident weapons nut Whisper picked up on that one. All fixed now though.

Mental note: when under the influence of Wild Turkey tripple check all text in the future! :yes:

Eh? All sights set up as ironsights? Must be talking about something other than the official release now mate as in that there's only one sight set as ironsight/steelsight and the rest are set up as combatsights.

Well... it's like the Reflex is setup as it supposed to be, but after trying to get some installed on other weapons, to me it seems like they're all registering as ironsights. And yes, it is the official release. But then again, it may just be restrictions on how many mods can be installed on a particular weapon. Least that's my train of thought bro.