Getting old ?

its gr8 to see new map and mods and look forward to many more.

I do love the the tom clancy series the good and the bad,

the only thing that gets to me, is the skill seems to be gone out of ghost :(

i think pc gaming is going down the road of consoles "IMO" with never ending re spawns.

gone are the days of only 1 or 3 spawn and having to look out for ya buddy and team and watch each udderz back.

but maybe i am getting old and the new blood likes this style of game play.

shame i did love the good old days sitting up all hours not seeing my Mrs and kids for days.

here i go down memory lane i am getting old :D:D:D:D .

...RING...

I hear you Ring, there is +'s and -'s to both gametypes when out for a night of games, but there are plenty of servers running 0- limited spawns. You just have to look for em.

Another problem since 1.0.4 is that you cant see the amount of respawns in the server info...along with not being able to see who is playing.

Judging by your avatar you're as old as me :lol: (My outfit used to wear Putties!!!) Nah, I'm not that old, haven't booked a Zimmer frame yet :P

Yeah! I know what you're saying. Although I'm not as wound up as some about it, I do see how GRAW gameplay is being dumbed down for the young :ermm: Oh bloody hell, spect i'll get flack now :rolleyes: But I like the presentation.

Part of the trouble is most films they see now are about how many explosions you can cause in the shortest time, it doesn't occur to them to use stealth (their brains).

Mike.

Not so much an old ghosty, more a will o the wisp, I'd say. :P

Cangaroo,

This spawning business keeps cropping up. I don't play MP so it makes no difference to to me but shouldn't there be a finite limit so it doesn't get too far from reality? If you get shot, you're shot, just like real life. It's where you're shot that makes the difference and whether you can carry on or not, innit it? Or is that asking too much of a computer game?

Mike. :huh:

Edited by tecmic

Cangaroo,

This spawning business keeps cropping up. I don't play MP so it makes no difference to to me but shouldn't there be a finite limit so it doesn't get too far from reality? If you get shot, you're shot, just like real life. It's where you're shot that makes the difference and whether you can carry on or not, innit it? Or is that asking too much of a computer game?

Mike. :huh:

Well, I agree with you. That's why the game modes I'm working on have controlled spawns. For example, in Advance And Secure, once dead you do not spawn until an objective is completed (by either team). Also, my next game mode, CSAR, will work similarly :thumbsup:

i did love the good old days sitting up all hours not seeing my Mrs and kids for days.

Maybe that's the real problem. :devil: Just giving you a hard time.

My personal opinion is that I don't feel the game has been dumbed down at all. If you try to blaze through the missions in GRAW2, chances are you're going to be taken out pretty quickly by a mounted gun or a very accurate sniper. I can't get through a lot of the later missions unless I use a fair amount of stealth.

I don't know. I just don't ever play ghost recon anymore because I like the better graphics, weapons, sounds, and feel of this game.

i did love the good old days sitting up all hours not seeing my Mrs and kids for days.

Maybe that's the real problem. :devil: Just giving you a hard time.

My personal opinion is that I don't feel the game has been dumbed down at all. If you try to blaze through the missions in GRAW2, chances are you're going to be taken out pretty quickly by a mounted gun or a very accurate sniper. I can't get through a lot of the later missions unless I use a fair amount of stealth.

I don't know. I just don't ever play ghost recon anymore because I like the better graphics, weapons, sounds, and feel of this game.

Hi Dporter,

I totally agree with your conclusion, it's some of the detail that gives me the impression that it's not as mature as [GR] was. In particular: The silly blue circles on movement commands: the preset weapons loadout; the constant badgering from HQ or wherever, telling Mitchell how to think! (maybe that's how it is but I don't like it) Nor do I like the lack of flexibility, available to Mitchell, in how he decides to execute a mission. I'm beginning to sound like the guys I've previously criticised for wingeing, better shut up ^_^

Mike.

Hi Dporter,

I totally agree with your conclusion, it's some of the detail that gives me the impression that it's not as mature as [GR] was. In particular: The silly blue circles on movement commands: the preset weapons loadout; the constant badgering from HQ or wherever, telling Mitchell how to think! (maybe that's how it is but I don't like it) Nor do I like the lack of flexibility, available to Mitchell, in how he decides to execute a mission. I'm beginning to sound like the guys I've previously criticised for wingeing, better shut up ^_^

Mike.

I think that is a great way of putting it.. restrictive. The game is great but it is somewhat restrictive, I guess I just tend to deal with it after awhile. But then again there are certain restrictions on every game that I also find annoying. Even [GR]. I like that I can take a primary secondary and a pistol and a back pack item. In [GR] I had two slots period.

Yeah ringpull, I mainly have to play SP because of no highspeed availability in my area but when I do play online it's all campaign and mp coop so it's pretty much single player but with humans a little less annoying then the AI. I really stay away from other online modes probably because of the very reasons and issues you have with the game.

There`s no co-op servers running with no respawns either.

:(

That would be fun to set up, but we haven't seen a way to limit the dedicated coop match time. Is there a setting for it in the dedi server xml?

Also, there's no death cam in coop, right? Peeps would get bored waiting for the mission to finish, or for everyone to die so they can start the mission again. :yawn:

There`s no co-op servers running with no respawns either.

:(

That would be fun to set up, but we haven't seen a way to limit the dedicated coop match time. Is there a setting for it in the dedi server xml?

Also, there's no death cam in coop, right? Peeps would get bored waiting for the mission to finish, or for everyone to die so they can start the mission again. :yawn:

Does this all sound VERY familiar to anyone else? Like, deja vu, man...

You could add this to the actual mission script:

<element type="AllowSpawn" side="1" when="once" after_start="false"/>

But the point is, all i see in any server is a constant flow of peeps standing out in the open or running around with no cares. I know other`s can back me up saying that all missions can be done without dying, as long as you work together.

Doesn`t matter how hard the modders try to make some new things, it will never be like the [GR], if your not prepared to play it the same way.

Just my thoughts of course.

:)

Also, there's no death cam in coop, right? Peeps would get bored waiting for the mission to finish, or for everyone to die so they can start the mission again.

Good point indeed.

*Edit*

Deathcam is available for cooperative.

Despite our name (Fubar Tactical), when we're playing, we do aim for cohesiveness and teamwork. Our ventrilo is public, so everyone is invited to work together on comms. You generally won't see any Fubarians running around like the proverbial chickens with heads cut off. 0:)

We do get some players like that, though...fortunately, they usually leave after a short time. Wrong game to run around like it's Counterstrike Source.

Hmm, I'll have to work through my n00bness and find the coop deathcam... :lol:

Know what you mean Tinker.

Although nicely done I always thought the opening scene in GRAW1 showed just how not to conduct urban warfare!

A tight little group moving down the CENTRE of the street, just asking for someone to lob a RPG at them. They might as well wear bullseye targets!!!

Mike.

Edited by tecmic

You could add this to the actual mission script:

<element type="AllowSpawn" side="1" when="once" after_start="false"/>

But the point is, all i see in any server is a constant flow of peeps standing out in the open or running around with no cares. I know other`s can back me up saying that all missions can be done without dying, as long as you work together.

Doesn`t matter how hard the modders try to make some new things, it will never be like the [GR], if your not prepared to play it the same way.

Exactly, this game ALLOWS people to run and gun fairly easily and successfully. Not as much as GRAW 1, but enough. Between that and the rocket lau....I mean, grenade launcher, the pace of the game is completely different from the old ones. It's almost as if this game can't decide if it wants to be on the borderline realism side or the arcadish side. I bought Medal of Honor Airborne today, and while it's a run'n'gun type game it does a few things I'd love to see in GRAW. Unfortunately I don't know if we'll ever see another (decent) Tom Clancy title again.