Please change the OGR type

Why remake the [GR]-type (Coop) so bad in GRAW2.

It is essential to respawn at your team, also the team-hierarchy was good. It sucks to start every time in base and change GRAW2-[GR] to a jogging simulation :wall: . I love GRAW2 but please change this type.

Thanx for hearing me.

Agreed. The objectives was a nice addition, but to remove basic team play elements (like forming in a squad) or just not having certain features (like being able to give/receive orders (also broken in Campaign Coop) from your now non-existent squad). Or how about the inability to make custom kits without turning the map into a mod? Coop is lacking big time in this game. I would have rather had to wait until Christmas and received a full fledged game with at least the basics put in properly.

Careful now guys, or else you are going to have guys coming into this thread telling you just how wrong you are that you want squads, spawn on leader and custom kits. I particularly liked it when Adver only players chime in to tell coop players that wanting a particular kit ruins "teamwork" LOL. Several of us got bashed for wanting it in previous threads - so just a heads up....

Unfortunately that's not possible with out a quantum design shift in the game. Custom classes or even custom kits within existing classes require a mod to happen. They just can't simply be put in the map bundle unfortunately. They would at the minimum have to redesign the structure of the xml usage and engine design to accomplish that. That's the same reason weapon restriction is so difficult requiring new version of maps that eliminate the whole kit that contains the weapon you want to restrict. Since none of the default kits contain just subs, then you would have to create custom kits which modifies a stock file that cannot be modified without a mod which must be activated by the server and the player.

I could go on, but it's very restrictive and makes things difficult for people who want to add a little weapon variety in the game.

I don't mean custom kits as in anyone can choose anything, but custom kits as in if the map maker decides that all you can use on the map is MP5s and pistols that's what you'll get.

EDIT: Read flim flams post above. He is certainly more knowledgeable that I on this matter.

I believe that what you describe here is exactly what Wolfsong has repeatedly said is fairly straight forward to do. Since your map must match the dedicated server's map (when A/C is on), this is going to become common place once the map makers and modders get tehir traction.

Edited by Sleepdoc

Exactly my point. Did they just not think of having each map have it's own set of kits earlier in development or did they cut corners in favor of spending more time on something else? I can't imagine it was impossible to have each map refer to it's own kit set like it does for a game type. As it stands you can make custom maps and all, but you are forced to using the stock kits (or if you want to you can disable some of them). If you want to have a map that has kits that the map maker came up with then it would need to be a mod. It's a horrible system.

Exactly my point. Did they just not think of having each map have it's own set of kits earlier in development or did they cut corners in favor of spending more time on something else? I can't imagine it was impossible to have each map refer to it's own kit set like it does for a game type. As it stands you can make custom maps and all, but you are forced to using the stock kits (or if you want to you can disable some of them). If you want to have a map that has kits that the map maker came up with then it would need to be a mod. It's a horrible system.

I agree with Ratte, the game is dead, no squads, cheesy weapon kits and no spawn on leader. I doubt GRIN / Ubisoft will fix this one. I'm playing GRAW 1 and it's still the better game. Looks like more people play GRAW 1.

@Nutlink:

It's pretty obvious what they did in the design: 1 base design for all MP gamemodes with mission scripting for differentiating the modes themselves. This eliminated one complete structure from needing to code and test in the multiplayer environment.

I'm sure they felt the positives outweighed the negatives - such as restrictions, squads, and spawn on leader were eliminated in coop in favor of the flexibility of the mission scripting and custom missions.

The only question is when or even IF custom content will hit that will revive or make up the difference for eliminating the prior features.