free version of GR + in-game ads

Hi, I'm having a serious problem with the installation program of GR.

I downloaded the free version of GR a few days ago. It was working for a few days, but then I messed with some of the files, trying to make a mod that wouldn't work...work. This is not the problem though.

I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it. I put in my ubi.com login info...but then it says that I DON'T live in the US.

When I installed the game for the first time, everything was fine. My ubi account said that I lived in the US, but now it doesn't work. :(

I make a new account with my location in the US. The installer doesn't work. I make yet ANOTHER account with my location in US. It still doesn't work. I tried extracting the setup to another folder and then try it again. STILL doesn't work.

Then I re-download the dang zip archive. I try it again. STILL...DOESN'T...WORK!!! Every thing I try always ends up with it saying: "Sorry, you don't live in the US". I downloaded the game from Gamer's Hell. I haven't downloaded it from any other location yet, so I'm gonna try that.

However, I'm afraid that even THAT won't work. Can anyone please help me?! I REALLY want to play GR again.

Turns out it was a labor day weekend promotion, one that ended as of Sept. 6th. So if you haven't installed the free ad-supported of GR at least once already, well you won't be able to unless/until Ubisoft hosts another of these events.

What?! Aw, no way!

Well, at least I won't be totally disappointed...

I went ahead with Rocky's advice and ordered GR Gold from Amazon. :D It's only about 14 dollars (plus shipping & handling, which is about 3 more dollars) for the standard delivery anyway. :)

Edited by Sigma-C

• 2 months later...