Ghost Recon.net Forums

Hi Guys,

Due to recently my PC are damaged. I have listed a few items for my new PC upgrades. The item mainly are processors and videocard. Below are the list :

1. AMD Athlon X2 64bit 6000+ 3000Mmhz (dual core)

2. MSI ATI HD2600XT DDR4 Diamond OC 512MB

3. ASUS M2N-E SLI (Mobo)

So guys, do u think this 3 main components enough for GRAW2? and will it stay long enough before any major upgrades?

Hi Guys,

Due to recently my PC are damaged. I have listed a few items for my new PC upgrades. The item mainly are processors and videocard. Below are the list :

1. AMD Athlon X2 64bit 6000+ 3000Mmhz (dual core)

2. MSI ATI HD2600XT DDR4 Diamond OC 512MB

3. ASUS M2N-E SLI (Mobo)

So guys, do u think this 3 main components enough for GRAW2? and will it stay long enough before any major upgrades?

That will be more then enough. I've got the AMD x2 3600 (it's 1.9 ghz, I overclocked to 2.8) and I run the game very nicely. The video card looks really good but honestly I'm more familiar with the Nvidia cards. But the core clock and memory look really good on the card, especially for $170.

You'll also have to switch to ddr2 memory with your new set up but memory prices have been extremely low recently. I've seen a few 2 gig sets for around $60 to $80.

Edit: Ok I just noticed the card was a 128 bit card and that is probably why it is cheaper. Honestly if you are looking for something to last you longer go for a 320-bit video card like the 8800gts. I'm running on a 7600gt at the moment which will run graw 2 fine, but I will be upgrading to a new dx10 card around december or so if they have come out with new cards.

Edited by dporter

ok. Then let me check back the price list the PC shop sent me. Need to find the 320 bit card which is within my budget. Will post here again once i have upgrade.

ok, i have found one. Seems like this card is within my budget.

NX8800GTS-T2D640E-HD-OC

although the core Mhx somewhat lower than the previous card i have in mind but after read through its description its a good card and will last sometime before need to upgrade.

Will buy this next monday, as i am working this weekend. Cant wait!!!

Probably i might buy this one :

NX8800Ultra-T2D768E-HD-OC

The price is not that far from the one above. This one much more better. Will check this one next week.

cheers.

Edited by Danish1705

2. NX8800Ultra-T2D768E-HD-OC

Wow, I was recommending one of the cards around the $300 to $400 range but that baby will definately rock for awhile.

I assume you bought some RAM with that, because your DDR RAM won't work on that motherboard.

Yeah, I had mentioned that in my post above so hopefully you picked up some new memory Danish

Hi kamakazi/Dporter,

Yes, after some thinking why not just throw a few hundreds just to get the better one rite, at least i wont upgrade my rig for sometime cause previously i was thinking like converting to console but after learning that some cool games like Crysis/Far Cry 2 and StarCarft 2 is just around the corner so converting to console will have to be postponed.

As for the RAM guys, i have bought Kingston PC5300 DDR2 667Mhz 2Gb = 2 unit.

Will this be okay?