Which Processor has more processing power?

Militiaman

I am not understanding the difference between these dual core and single core processors. Which one is faster?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40 gigahertz 4M Processor

Intel Pentium D 925 3.0 gigahertz Processor

Edited by Militiaman

I am not understanding the difference between these dual core and single core processors. Which one is faster?

The core 2 duo has more power... it has 2 cores capable of say 2 ghz each, 2+2=4 though that is not really trugh (you cannot simply plus those cores) but none the less dual cores are more powerfull, and.... they are better with multi tasking (windows).... GRAW is optimized for fual cores/quad cores.

There's also a lot more to look at now then just clock speed alone. The world of processors has become a little more complex, but I can tell you the E6600 would tear any pentium D apart any day. Even the lowest end core to duo will beat out the pentium D in performance.

PS. I like the image in your sig. You lds as well?

Edited by dporter

Excellent. Good to see other members enjoy these forums as well.

Are you trying to upgrade for GRAW2?

Just looking at processors and learning what was out there for when I upgrade again. Just bought a barebones computer (AMD Athlon 64 4000 with a Foxconn motherboard and power supply) and had the motherboard go bad on me after only using it for 45 days. Shipped the motherboard and processor back and currently waiting for a new motherboard. Foxconn motherboards don't impress me from what I have seen so far and I will likely stay away from them in the future.

I personally don't like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare. Played the demo for over an hour and just wasn't impressed. I currently play modifed Ghost Recon I (upgraded and modified with Centcom and my own choice of stuff).

I did try Armed Assault and was positively impressed. Sadly the system I upgraded to doesn't run it real well. If I had only gone with a better motherboard that uses Double Data Rate 2 memory and a dual core processor. Maybe a new video card will make things better. Perhaps I will wait until the next upgrade. I waste too much time on video games anyway.