Ghost Recon.net Forums

I got a new computer and am looking to buy a new video card, but I find mixed reviews with the ones that catch my eye. I'm hoping to get some advice on the cards I have listed below. And even some suggestions if I don't have them listed, but I'm not looking to spend more than $90.

So any suggestions?

EVGA GeForce 7600 GS / 512MB GDDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV

EVGA GeForce 7300 GT / 512MB DDR2 / AGP 8x / DVI / VGA / HDTV

HIS Radeon X1650 Pro / 512MB GDDR2 / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV / CrossFire Ready

Diablotek GeForce 6600 LE / 512MB DDR / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / TV Out

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Silent Running / 512MB DDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV

Thanks in advance!

I got a new computer and am looking to buy a new video card, but I find mixed reviews with the ones that catch my eye. I'm hoping to get some advice on the cards I have listed below. And even some suggestions if I don't have them listed, but I'm not looking to spend more than $90.

So any suggestions?

HIS Radeon X1650 Pro / 512MB GDDR2 / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV / CrossFire Ready

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Silent Running / 512MB DDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV

Thanks in advance!

Scrap them. You don't want a 512 with DDR2 as DDR3 cards will kick there butt with only 256 (note most DDR3 also have higher core clocks) ... such as the 8600GT

I would go with something in the 8000 series due to direct x 10 and crysis + the future.

So any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Scrap them. You don't want a 512 with DDR2 as DDR3 cards will kick there butt with only 256 (note most DDR3 also have higher core clocks) ... such as the 8600GT

I would go with something in the 8000 series due to direct x 10 and crysis + the future.

Any particular brands or models?

I noticed you've got one AGP card on the list and the others are all PCI express. Make sure you don't get an AGP card if you need PCI express, or vice versa.