Help on a Custom MAp!

_32_Fourmi

When working on a custom mod, use the local folder. In that folder you should have a folder called units. (Check the data folder after you have unbundled that one to see how Grin have organized it.) Create a unit file for the terrain you have created. This unit file points toward the model.xml file, which again tell where the diesel file and the material file is located.

If you have unbundled the quick.bundle file you will have this kind of setup to one folder. (Folder for the mission 1 landscape):

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Data\objects\world\landscapes\m00_landscape

In this folder you have a file called m01_landscape.xml. This is a model file. Look inside it and you will see it points towards the diesel and the material file.

I think,my english is bad :( i'm french.

I make a landscape on 3dsmax and apply some textures on it.

I export the landscape with the "max8exporter" & make a file materials.xml.

Now,i'm following your instructions >create a units file >u_valley.xml,and put it on the "Local/units" folder.

but i'don't see him (valley)on the editor at the list of the landscape.

I want just complete my custom landscape with some objects,etc........ :wacko:

I think is simple,but if frenchie's modder are here,plz contact me :yes:

A tuto,an example ????

Edited by _32_Fourmi

If you have unbundled the quick.bundle file you will have this kind of setup to one folder. (Folder for the mission 1 landscape):

In this folder you have a file called m01_landscape.xml. This is a model file. Look inside it and you will see it points towards the diesel and the material file.

Post up your unit file and we will take a look at it.

As for the tutorial, everything you need to know is actually in the GRAW1 custom landscape tutorial. I'll think about that video tutorial, could be nice if enough people are interested in it.

Post up your unit file and we will take a look at it.

As for the tutorial, everything you need to know is actually in the GRAW1 custom landscape tutorial. I'll think about that video tutorial, could be nice if enough people are interested in it.

Your building tut for GR1 did me wonders, many thnx. Would love to see 1 for GRAW.

:thumbsup:

Will see after I have wrapped up the maps I'm working on. If you want to make maps, just go through the GRAW1 tutorial for custom landscapes. Everything is explained there and it's not really that hard when you have done it the first time. I actually have a feeling that GRAW2 is easier to make maps for now then GR1 was. All the room-grouping, portals and all this kind of stuff is gone. The tricky part is the xml, but it's coming along as you go.

Yep like Biro said most of what you need to start with is in the tutorial, I think a few minor things were missed.

But unlike me, make sure you read the tutorial when you're wide awake :P Thanks to Biro for putting me right on a few things!

And you can always post here if you have any probs along the way, plenty of nice folks to help out :)

• 8 months later...

I have made a terrain and other stuff in 3dsmax and convert to the DIESEL file. I dont understand at all the PDFs (about making maps) becouse my english is not very good. Can u tell me what is next step of this? What I must do with the DIESEL file? Maybe some prompt.

Edited by parasite