Please forgive me but, i've come to this conclusion

Papa6

today, I buried a good friend whom I loved as a person. she was a great friend you know, one of those people who was the life of the workplace. friendly and caring. One of those people who, when you're having a really lousy day and nothing goes right, she can cheer you up.

the cause of her death isn't known, also the family doesn't believe the husband one bit so there seems to be a pending investigation. I hope justice is served.

what does this have to do with GRAW2? well, on the drive to the cemetery, how trifle have I been? What is my problem? does it even matter what's wrong with GRAW2(but this in the angle of life as a whole). everything in life has changed with this friends death. I don't see things the same. In other words...life is too darn short to get trifle with things such as what's wrong with GRAW2. Why are we, those of us who're unhappy with GRAW2, unable to just see that the world around us is changing? I'm satisfied to think that maybe I need to be patient with companies like Grin. they are only trying to develop software for our enjoyment. Life is WAY too short to stress over. this woman was only 5 years my senior..44 if you must know.

I am only going to speak constructively as possible, I know I might slip up and make a mistake but hey, If my time comes I want my legacy to be a good one and not one of being thought of as a whining bloke.

so..as far as I'm concerned, Graw2 IS a success in that it runs on my PC well, aside from the negatives past mentioned, hopefully the franchise will come back to it's roots. :thumbsup:

thanks for listening guys, a friends death puts life in a HUGE and different perspective.

Sincerely,

Papa6

Hi Papa,

Sorry for your loss. Death really shakes you up when it hits so close. I lost an aunt recetly... I found the poem below on line and for some reason it gave me comfort, it may help you.

"Funeral Blues" by W.H. Auden

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,

Put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public

doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Taken from PBS.org

Edited by chilly-willy

My sincere condolences, Papa6, on your tragic loss, I lost my father a few years ago from aleukemia, he was only 60 years old, his death change my whole outlook in life, I don’t let things bother me as much anymore, and my priorities have changed for the better.

It is inevitable as time goes by we will all experience such grief, in one form or another, all the more reason to enjoy the company of family and friends, all the more reason to not let trivial things bother you , all the more reason to enjoy life and take as many people as you can for the ride.

thank you everyone really. My sincere condolences back at you all who recently lost loved ones. But all my complaining about GRAW2 showed me just how insignificant all my complaining was. Life is too short as it is.

Graw2 is just fine. I just wish somethings about it were different or added. But GRAW2 is like a rollercoaster ride, it's finished and you can't just simply go back to add new track without a major shutdown. Graw2 is the same. I picture Grin having to sift through MANY lines of game code to fix issues that we find and to add features we ask for. Now, I'm appreciating GRAW2 alot more. I think I got too serious and hey, it's just entertainment software ...right? :thumbsup:

Sorry for that dude :) cheer up.

Now I paid $55 for the game and I expect a good product, I dont got money to trow away. I even return my gallon of milk if it expires before the date on the label. One thing is being. Now for rich people this means nothing but you may get your money easy and I dont. By the way I'm selling the game email me if interesting.

. I even return my gallon of milk if it expires before the date on the label. One thing is being. Now for rich people this means nothing but you may get your money easy and I dont.

I don't care how poor you are thats just rock bottom.You can make 6 dollars MINIMUM wage for working an hour. Milk is what, $2.50 for a gallon?

I am working and going to college at the same time, paying for myself and even I'm not that money saving. In fact, I just saved up enough money for a new TV :D

Edited by Zoot

You can make 6 dollars MINIMUM wage for working an hour. Milk is what, $2.50 for a gallon?

More like to $4-6 in some places (AK, HI) in the US, and God only knows elsewhere. Minimum wage isn't that high EVERYWHERE, and since the good Duke_Chingon neglected to let us in on the geographic particulars of his quandary, it's not a safe assumption that we're dealing with American economics here. But that's not the point...

Our esteemed colleague, Papa6, has experienced a recent loss of great personal significance. Further, he finds it to have realigned his perspective on this video game.

In no way related to minimum wage laws.

Condolences to Papa6 and his friend's other surviving friends and family.

. I even return my gallon of milk if it expires before the date on the label. One thing is being. Now for rich people this means nothing but you may get your money easy and I dont.

I don't care how poor you are thats just rock bottom.You can make 6 dollars MINIMUM wage for working an hour. Milk is what, $2.50 for a gallon?

I am working and going to college at the same time, paying for myself and even I'm not that money saving. In fact, I just saved up enough money for a new TV :D

Just have a comment on this... I wouldn't call returning milk that goes bad before the printed expiration date rock bottom... I would call it smart and frugal. Read the book, The Millionaire Next Door. If you ever want to become wealthy on a working salary doing things like that is the way to get there. Re-use sandwich bags, never buy a new car, shop at thrift stores. DO spend money on education. All sage advice...

Papa,

After my dad passed I (With the help of many "ole timers" here at GR.net - and other friends of course :hehe: ) realized the same thing.

I've become much more relaxed and "go with the flow." I've also learned that you only live once and should take every chance you can while you can (hence me joining the Army at 20 - and half way through college).

I just hate that for many of us it takes the loss of a loved one to realize all of this. That's why (and I can see you're doing the same) I try to pass my lessons learned on to others.

Sorry for your loss Papa. Losing a good friend is tough. Get some rest friend, loss is taxing on you physically as well as mentally.

Papa,

After my dad passed I (With the help of many "ole timers" here at GR.net - and other friends of course :hehe: ) realized the same thing.

I've become much more relaxed and "go with the flow." I've also learned that you only live once and should take every chance you can while you can (hence me joining the Army at 20 - and half way through college).

I just hate that for many of us it takes the loss of a loved one to realize all of this. That's why (and I can see you're doing the same) I try to pass my lessons learned on to others.

Sorry for your loss Papa. Losing a good friend is tough. Get some rest friend, loss is taxing on you physically as well as mentally.

As an aside Cam, I think your dad would be proud as hell of you.

Papa, I'm sorry for your loss. :( Indeed, major life changes do help us to put things in perspective, and perhaps realize that video games aren't so important. Perhaps people who still can't see this, need to stop playing video games and get a life.

As an aside Cam, I think your dad would be proud as hell of you.

Papa, I'm sorry for your loss. :( Indeed, major life changes do help us to put things in perspective, and perhaps realize that video games aren't so important. Perhaps people who still can't see this, need to stop playing video games and get a life.

Thanks Donnie. :D

You have an excellent point. It's easy for us all to get lost in the small micro-world of our own lives. We tend to hyper-focus on our immediate surroundings (why the hell did they put that round-about there? what is my mayor thinking not allowing liquor by the drink? why is it always MY car to break down?). We tend to forget there's a great big wide world out there and that really, most things are trivial - especially if you can say you've got running water, food and a roof over your head (and as one member put it to me: "all my bits work right."). Relating to GRAW2, Para is spot on. I avoided the fuss over GRAW1, but people need to remember: it's a game. It's for entertainment, and if you don't like it, there are hundreds of others to pick from. Those who can't see this, well... I don't know how they see any beauty in day to day life if they can't appreciate simple $50 entertainment.

Makes me think of that "Scrubs" episode. One of my favorite TV shows, but this part of this episode always stood out to me:

JD has an older patient who chose to die comfortably and willingly rather than accept dialysis. One night JD sits down with her and goes through a list of things he feels everyone should do before they die.

Mrs. Tanner: Listen, Dr. Dorian, there's not one thing I regret as I lay here right now. I'm ready. I really am.

J.D.: [flipping through the pad] You have had an amazing life.

Mrs. Tanner: Good, then we agree. Now, aren't there other patients you need to be seeing?

J.D.: Me? No, no, I've--I've been off for two hours.

Mrs. Tanner: So, with your precious free time, you've been sitting in a hospital room talking to an old lady. What about your list? How many of those things have you done? For that matter, how many times have you sat in the grass and done nothing, hm?

J.D. looks at her, unable to answer.

Mrs. Tanner: You need to start taking some time for yourself, young man. Promise me you'll do that.

J.D.: I will.

A little cheesy, sure. But it's a nice simple message I think.

Papa, hope you're doing alright (or at least as well as you can). :)