Has GRAW 2 run its course?

Welp... the PS3 and 360 GRAW 2 versions are sitting pretty with 33 unique MP maps...

we have ........................ 8

But how many can modder's make? 1000's

Exactly and if many of you try them out, you may find some interesting games taking place, once they are completed that is.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There could be 10,000 custom maps. But if there are only 100 people to play them, who cares?

There you go putting the chicken before the egg or something.

It seemed to be a catch-22 with GRAW, where you couldn't get anyone to play because the content wasn't there, so when the content was there no one was playing.

Guess that's not really a catch-22, but it's late and I'm tired so ###### off with your corrections.

While I won't be among the legions and hordes playing GRAW2 gleefully in another month or two, I can say that some of the above posts asking us to shut up and play the doggone game are right on. If the MP experience is THAT vastly improved over the predecessor, then it'll be worth the while.

I'm trying to limit myself to the positive spin here, folks. Honk if you think I'm doing alright at it! :pirate:

There could be 10,000 custom maps. But if there are only 100 people to play them, who cares?
I've never really understood that logic. Look at Campaign coop players. They only need a group of 4 people. They don't care if there are 50,000 people playing the same game or not. At most, as an MP player, you only need 31 other people to play the game in a full server.

I understand you're saying the game is not popular. Does it have to be popular in order to be enjoyable? Does it make your experience better if there are 10,000 other servers you're not even playing on? Is BF2 better because there are 10,000 servers playing the same 10 maps?

^^^ Yes. Variety, dude. With the million and one different BF2 servers full of up to 64 players per, there are endless possibilities of which map, which settings and so on. One could conceiveably find the 'perfect' server based on his preferences and anticipate it to have plenty of other players in it with whom to enjoy the game.

If GRAW2 is like GRAW, then it's hard to find ANYONE playing pick-up. Shame...

meh

I still hate BF2, and really, really enjoy GRAW/GRAW 2.

Fair enough. Being that there's an essential distinction between the common BF2 player and the common GRAW2 player, and enough major differences in gameplay.

Hey, I'm agreeing that this game is far from dead. But it's gonna need a lot of folks who are within their means to do so to get involved in the MP experience if it's to be saved. Otherwise it's death will be every bit as swift as was GRAW's.

If there were more MP maps, that are up to the standards of the original content maps, this game will be more than enoyable for many many months to come. The game itself has loads of potential. It is very playable as is. With fixes to the problems, minor additions that would improve the game, and more maps, there is no reason this game can last.

It is when you play the same 5 or 6 maps over and over does the game get stale. Maps maps maps. Yet I have still found it enjoyable on a nightly basis.

I know this has been brought up before, but how about some remakes of old GR1 maps? It is more than obvious that they were very popular. The concept is already there, so the scheming to create a new location is already done. GR1, GR1:IT & GR1:DS Who wouldn't love to see maps like Red Square, Stronhold, Embassy, Tank, Aurora, Ghost Town, Polling Center, Ravine, Vilnius, Battlefield, Swamp, Jungle Prison, Airfield, High Sierra, to name a few :shifty: in the GRAW 2 engine?

Why opening/closing doors was eliminated is beyond me? We do have an action button for the mounted guns, so is it possible to enable that same function for doors?

GRAW1 maps as well? A few may be worthy. Strongpoint would work well in GRAW2 IMO.

Some official content from GRIN, and the many talented map modders and gametype modders will really give this game a shot in the arm.

Regardless, there are plenty of people that really enjoy this game, me being one of them. :grin1:

BTW: For me personally, I don't think BF2 or 2142 are bad games...actually pretty fun, with an amazing concept. But if it takes me 3/4 of a clip of any gun, 2 or 3 shots with an M99 equivalent sniper rifle to take someone out then something is wrong. If those games had a more realistic hit model, and/a wound model they would really röc da haüss.

Where oh where is the wound models in FPS games? I hit you with a few bullets, you should be wounded...slowed...limped!!! It is a shame to see that dissappearing from all FPS games. But the BF series is fun, and a prime example of content...content...content to keep the community playing and satisfied.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

I know this has been brought up before, but how about some remakes of old GR1 maps? It is more than obvious that they were very popular. The concept is already there, so the scheming to create a new location is already done. GR1, GR1:IT & GR1:DS Who wouldn't love to see maps like Red Square, Stronhold, Embassy, Tank, Aurora, Ghost Town, Polling Center, Ravine, Vilnius, Battlefield, Swamp, Jungle Prison, Airfield, High Sierra, to name a few :shifty: in the GRAW 2 engine?

Riverbed, Castle Day, and Tank are already being made. Check out the GRAW 2 Modding Forum. Even though I don't understand the technobabble taking place in there, I can still see that there are some really cool things going on, and GRiN appears to be lending their expert advice to the various private efforts to make (or remake) these new (and old) maps. Very encouraging IMO.

Stalker' date='Aug 30 2007, 01:59 AM' post='492397']

Anyone recognize this?

minisqcreek06.jpg

Would that be Castle? :D I know some of the GR1 maps are being created already, I read the modding forum.....just trying to put it in other map creators heads as well.....I don't think you can have too many of those originals created for GRAW2. :zorro:

Hmm, seems that with these possibilities, GRAW2 will live longer than y'all naysayers believe. Oh, the possibilities.

I hope you're right, White... but looking at the MP servers each evening is getting a tad depressing... LOTS of servers with 0/? .... that won't last forever while people wait for content... and it's simply not fair for us to put the pressure on the modding community to save the game. If GRAW2 dies due to lack of content it's not the modders' fault...

-John K.

callsign threepoint

I hope you're right, White... but looking at the MP servers each evening is getting a tad depressing... LOTS of servers with 0/? .... that won't last forever while people wait for content... and it's simply not fair for us to put the pressure on the modding community to save the game. If GRAW2 dies due to lack of content it's not the modders' fault...

-John K.

callsign threepoint

I hear ya, and agree. Why aren't more people playing? My son is playing SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2 right now on his PSP and it indicates there are 8,000 people playing. Last night it was 10,000. I don't understand why more people aren't playing GRAW2.

Modders are the lifeblood of the GR series, and Im sure once more modders get a copy of GRAW2, more mods and maps will soon follow. :)

I was addicted to the original GR series way back then, but i kinda been out of the loop from the MP gaming world for a couple of years now. Now im back and boy was i happy with the new GRAW2, addicting as the origianl GR. I didnt get the chance to get a copy of GRAW1 but i heard lottsa bad things about it but GRAW2 is definetly a great game IMO :thumbsup:

I just hope ubi finally gets to release a game patch thats not buggy :blink:

I believe GRAW2 is far from dead. Every game/sim that I play has been and more then likely will continue to be community dependent for it longevity. The GRAW2 editor has been operational for what....17 days???. From the look of things a lot is happening within the modding community in a surprisingly short period of time.

Well now.Lets all take a deep breath.AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH couph,ka co ha tute.lol.Dang I need another cig.Lets give Grin some time to kickstart this old girl in the rear.Say,1 more month.Da modders are working on some STuFF.Sose,we can play.Lets hope Grinny is.Seams everyone is dieing for maps.Knight is correct about clans.They got just about all they need to start matching.Well go to it.As for the rest of us MP hores,We need some maps.

Dead it was never alive ( about 200 people online playing last night very poor !! ) !! GRAW 3 soon !! Instead of doing a next instalment like GRAW then GRAW 2 and so on get the game patched and working as it should be then do expansion packs and leave it at that.

But it is easier for UBI to bin the support and role out the next new game, it’s just a fact that’s what UBI do nower days.

Dead it was never alive ( about 200 people online playing last night very poor !! ) !! GRAW 3 soon !! Instead of doing a next instalment like GRAW then GRAW 2 and so on get the game patched and working as it should be then do expansion packs and leave it at that.

But it is easier for UBI to bin the support and role out the next new game, it’s just a fact that’s what UBI do nower days.

Where have I heard such defeatist talk before? Hmm...

Oh yeah, one forum down! We said the same stuff about GRAW! Coincidence?