[need a] High Ping Kick

***Yes, another person complaining about it***

This is just bloody rediculous, getting people with 450-800pings joining our local servers.

ITS ****! How hard is it to impliment a High Ping Kick that we can set??? Come on, its really, REALLY ruining the game play.

I can empty a whole clip into someone at 10m range and then can casually stop, turn around and shoot me without dieing themselves.

Tonight the Australian GameArena server has more ****en tourists in it then Aussies and the high pings were making the game really, really horrible and not enjoyable.

We couldnt kick vote em coz not enough people were voting, coz more then half were tourists them selves. Its beyond a joke!!!

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE NOW!!!

Regards,

Vyp3r.

is it the game that causes the high pings? or is it the internet service provider of the player? one strange thing I have seen is that if the server is running slow or has lag, then when I go to aim, my scope moves up ever so slow. then I realized it is not my machine. I that even to play a MP coop game, I have to log in to gamespy duh! right? but ubisoft and gamespy have a contract and that's why we are stuck with gamespy.

I found that if I login to gamespy, play a coop game by myself, it still happens, but if I play a SP campaign mission my scope to eye is fast as it should be. I have no idea why this happens but boy it is a great story for the twilightzone. :hmm:

***Yes, another person complaining about it***

This is just bloody rediculous, getting people with 450-800pings joining our local servers.

ITS ****! How hard is it to impliment a High Ping Kick that we can set??? Come on, its really, REALLY ruining the game play.

I can empty a whole clip into someone at 10m range and then can casually stop, turn around and shoot me without dieing themselves.

Tonight the Australian GameArena server has more ****en tourists in it then Aussies and the high pings were making the game really, really horrible and not enjoyable.

We couldnt kick vote em coz not enough people were voting, coz more then half were tourists them selves. Its beyond a joke!!!

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE NOW!!!

Regards,

Vyp3r.

You have to understand. Kicking for high ping automatically is not a good idea. Do you want to get dropped do to a spike on your isp? Do you want to get dropped inbetween rounds since the server shows sometimes high pings for everyone while the anticheat scans and reports? Do you want those with a 999 ping that just have a firewall dropped. Do you want to be kicked everytime your wife or kid downloads something when you are playing?

You must not be an admin on your server as from the console you can kick and ban all you want. I warn peeps 1st with a /msg whoever your ping is to high sorry bro

Give them a min to disconnect and then kick.

This should not be automated though.

How may other games automate high ping kicks ? (Just curiious as i don't know)

Here is an option. Password the server and only allow who you want in. If your aussie you will get tons of peeps from outside connecting as any server does that has peeps in it.

in GRAW1, before i got my gamefuel dlink router, I got kicked from the server bcz my ping was over 200. in retrospect I think the admin booted me. I wasn't angry, but surprised. I think gamespy "MIGHT" be the issue. I got have a decent connection. the issue here is "PROBABLY" in that we aren't paying for gamespy services so, gamespy kinda shoves quality of service(Qos) out the door. can't expect something for nothing right? But it seems like gamespy has a huge server farm for other games as well and the bandwidth going in and out of gamespy is probably phenominal(sp?). i think lag issues would NOT go away but, improve if we had direct IP abilties to servers outside of gamespy. but I've been told that isn't going to happen. strange though, as I write this, even seting up a MP lan server, we must login to gamespy so it REALLY isn't lan at all. if we had actual lan, then we could get around gamespy by using hamachi for connecting to servers that would've worked.

Edited by Papa6