Ageia Island Effects in Campaign missions (and custom maps)

So I am done with my new mod, I am just going trough some fixes but it should be out tomorrow (It took me one day to make it, so there will surely be some bugs, but I should be able to fix them this weekend)

So what does this mod do? Well, it enables the ageia special effects (Not the enchanced particle system/cloth effects) these are the features (taken from ageia.com)

* Foliage that is affected by the force from wind and players movement.

* Palm trees that sway due the affect from wind force, and break from gunfire and explosions.

* Destructible objects(houses, wooden/metal fences, watch towers, walls of sandbags)

* Cloth simulation for clotheslines, tents, and camouflage nets.

* Kinetic damage from objects like falling roofs caving in.

* All impact and explosion FX are simulated using fluid debris.

Yes, so you can blow up the watchtowers, and palm trees. Yes, unfortunately only the palm trees, there are no custom file/script for other trees (Yet, :ph34r: )

So whats so cool about it? Well, it will allow you to play in a completely different way, you will be able to cut down trees and take cover behind them, or you can throw a grenade from a long distance towards a house and blow it up, or you can hide behind a fence and knock out board by board.

The good thing is that all of you moders can use this mod in your own mods !

Here is a little preview (wind effects)

Windows XP users go to: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Data\settings and edit: physics_settings.xml

If you want wind in your campaign missions or your custom maps, just add the following lines before the POOL SIZE box:

<tweak parameter="wind_whirl_x" value="0.009" level="XXXXXX" />

<tweak parameter="wind_whirl_y" value="-0.006" level="XXXXXX" />

<tweak parameter="wind_whirl_z" value="0.01" level="XXXXXX" />

<tweak parameter="wind_whirl_r" value="30" level="XXXXXX" />

<tweak parameter="wind_whirl_t" value="2" level="XXXXXX" />

(Substitute XXXXXX with the name of the level name)

Now the con is that it requires tremendously much processor power, if you want to run it in software mode (Emulated) just add this line:

<tweak parameter="hardware_master_scene" value="0" level="XXXXXX" />

(Substitute XXXXXX with the name of the level name)

Now, if you want you can force the game to run using the High/Extreme physics mode (even if you don't have a Ageia Physx Card)

Just add these lines:

<tweak parameter="force_hardware_effects" value="1" level="XXXXXX" />

<tweak parameter="min_physics_quality" value="1" level="XXXXXX" />

Now remember this is only a preview, I don't know if any one has done this (Wind effects, forcing the physics effect using this method) before. However, I am sure that no one has done what is to come, that is to add destroyable entities such as guard towers and trees.

ill be back tomorrow with the full mod.

Edited by svendegosson