GC '07: Crysis Updated Hands-On

viiiper

check out the DirectX 9 version of the game as this anticipated shooter nears completion.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/ne...tml?sid=6177188

LEIPZIG, Germany--Crysis dazzled us with its jaw-dropping graphics at E3, but the theme for Crysis at the Games Convention is that this highly-anticipated shooter also looks great on older hardware. To that extent, all the kiosks of Crysis here are running the DirectX 9 version of the game. And while the DX9 game doesn't look as good as the sumptuous DX10 version that we played at E3, it still looks really good.

We had a lengthy discussion with Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli, and he told us that the game is just two or three days from having all its features finished. Don't get too excited, though, because what follows next will be six weeks of bug fixing and polishing. Still, getting all of the game's content finished will be an incredibly significant milestone, and the team is working nonstop to hit it. Once hit, almost all the difficult work will be over, and Crytek can look forward to wrapping up work on a game that began almost four years ago.

As to what's next, Yerli said that the team plans to rest, but there are ambitious plans ahead. The company has had a secret project in the works, and Crysis itself is designed as a trilogy, assuming it does well and the fans want it. But judging by what we've seen and played thus far, the odds of that not happening are very long indeed. Crysis will ship on November 16.

viiiper you seem obsessed with crysis, but hey i can't blame you that game looks utterly amazing, hopefully it lives up to the hype, i only wish my rig, could run it at high settings, oh well, Crysis seriously looks to be a game of the year, but i am more looking forward to Mercenaries 2, that game is everything the first game was and even more on top. I start drooling just thinking about it.

viiiper you seem obsessed with crysis, but hey i can't blame you that game looks utterly amazing, hopefully it lives up to the hype, i only wish my rig, could run it at high settings, oh well, Crysis seriously looks to be a game of the year, but i am more looking forward to Mercenaries 2, that game is everything the first game was and even more on top. I start drooling just thinking about it.

I'm not obsessed yet, I like to keep track of something that I'm interested in and with the release date getting closer (after 4 years) the media is growing every day. You'll be surprised how good it looks even on an XP machine with a 7xxx Series and DX9. But hey, I have 4 other sites I post to with Crysis and I also track Call of Duty 4, another nice game with single player and an ok multi player (No GRAW2 unfortunately).

I don't have to post anything, but I have the time and I'm sure others like to read about a possible game of the year, besides I have a small personal interest in it ;) .