Unlocking the Ageia Island without having the Physx card

I bought GRAW2 on Saturday last week and finished it the same day, what a good game !

And then I wanted to check out that Ageia Island so I googled up if there was a way to unlock it, and I found this forum.

Unfortunately you hadn't found a way so I had to pass 15 minutes finding out how to unlock it, and it was really easy.

I don't know how it is for vista users, but Windows XP users go to:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter2\Data\levels\ageia_bonus_mission

and edit: world_info.xml

now the second line should be like this:

<world_info path="/data/levels/common/campaign_settings.xml" name="mission" mission_time="day" ageia_collision="true">

Now to unlock the ageia island the only thing you need to do is change ageia_collision="true" to ageia_collision="false"

Start the game, and Ageia Island will be unlocked.

Now to the bad news, I was running in on my Dell E1705 notebook (Dual Core T7200 2.00GHz, 4MB Cache, 2GB Ram, 7900GTX 512MB) and it lagged very much. And theres even more bad news, you get on to the island via a chopper, and oddly enough you fall and die directly. Is there any god mode for Graw 2? Ive tried with a trainer (Black ops armor) but it didn't help really much.

It has been reported that some users don't die while using this mode, while others do. I don't know why.

Next thing I am going to try is adding ageia_collision="true" to the other missions, I tried it before launching the mission, and it took ages to load, actually it never loaded completely. Ill try adding that line while in game..

For those of you who have only a quick.bundle archive in the DATA Directory do the following:

Download this reader: http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/in...act=view&id=323

(I know it says it for Graw 1 in the description, but it will work just as well)

Open bundlereader.exe, open bundle (choose your quick.bundle) it will load it, and extract node.

(Just extract the data folder and put the files inside your already existing data folder) move the quick.bundle file to some other place, otherwise the game will load it as default and will not load the edited files.

Interesting first post, congrats!

Agent Smith is working on a new mod that will include Ageia Island, so perhaps he has solved the issue you came up against. I'll try your tip anyway and see what happens, thanks for the info!

Ok, for those of you who die, I think it has to do with framerate. Setting the video settings to lowest possible allowed me to play the ageia island.

I also have good news, I succeeded in enabling the Ageia Island effects in the normal campaign missions, bad news is thats its a major work to do so as you have to change all the files to be loaded, and you also have to edit the level itself. Ill try to make some mod that will allow you to play the missions with these additional effects, but it might take some time.

Im not sure its going to work completely, only some part seem to work, so don't jump in the air quite yet.

Edited by svendegosson

I also have good news, I succeeded in enabling the Ageia Island effects in the normal campaign missions, bad news is thats its a major work to do so as you have to change all the files to be loaded, and you also have to edit the level itself. Ill try to make some mod that will allow you to play the missions with these additional effects, but it might take some time.

Im not sure its going to work completely, only some part seem to work, so don't jump in the air quite yet.

I don't have time to find it right now, but the info on how to do this is already on the forums, maybe on the news page - it's pretty easy.

• 1 year later...

well, it's just a guess from my part ( seing as i got graw2 yesterday ), but i'd guess ageia is rather sysyem hungry, ie, you'd need a phsycix (sp?) card to run it. That being said, if you got 2 nvidia cards, you probably have the option to run one as a phsycix card ( unless the gfx is old ).

Nice efects, and a ton of eye candy, but i wish i could use the trackir with graw2, it's way to oldfashioned to not have that possibility :P ( if you haven't yet tried a shooter with trackir, i'd recomend it, and you won't go back to play withoutit, if you have the option to use it ;) )

It gives an extra level of situation awarenes. ok, anough ot now...

Agaia is a pretty nice map, mission not to hasd, just need to get used to graw ( sometimes the enemy is rather hard to see when the bushes are moving so mutch )

If you don't want to have severe fps loss, i'd recomend having a phsycix (sp?) card on your rig.

on second thought, i think most of this post ended up being ot :\