RvsA/ Spawn Camping Awareness Day?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the camping and bush issue. I personally don't liked being killed by someone in a bush, but hats off to the person for being more patient than me and waiting, and luckily I have other team members who axel in such areas..

I think its all about tactics, and that even comes down to map selection. So talking about your un-favored maps and weak points in a public forum isn’t the best way forward.

I remember strong point in GRAW1 was our worst map, until we drilled and came up with some good tactics.

But the reason I dislike RVA is because of the weapons upgrades force you to use un-favored kits, which I hate.

It’s a good idea as a game type, but I feel it seems to wear thin after a few hours of game play.

No offence to HOT but would you be promoting RVA if you were top of the NA TWL power ladder.

Keep this in mind. I don't have any doubt we'll get to the top of the power ladder if we put enough effort in. But thats just it. I don't find this ###### fun to play TDM half the time. Arroyo and Fort is still fun. The Cut and Crashsite? Not so much.

I think its all about tactics, and that even comes down to map selection. So talking about your un-favored maps and weak points in a public forum isn’t the best way forward.

I have no problem letting everyone know our worst maps.. here you go: the cut and crashsite. :)

But the reason I dislike RVA is because of the weapons upgrades force you to use un-favored kits, which I hate.

I absolutely agree. Wish there was, hope we can find, a way to eliminate this. Should be kit selectable or just forgo upgrades completely.

No offence to HOT but would you be promoting RVA if you were top of the NA TWL power ladder.

Haha, no offense taken. Very few accept our challenges so it is hard to move up anyways. Go over to TWL forums for a complete discussion of this power ladder. Remember, it is a scrim power ladder, the real ones come out this week.

Keyser' date='Aug 21 2007, 07:12 PM' post='490227']

This thread makes my eyes bleed. Please can it be locked already? :rolleyes:

We'll lock it when you put up the TWL ladder bro....

You should go talk to the NA admins about that. :thumbsup:

and while I'm here, I'll throw my 2 pence into the ring.

I've probably played over 300 matches at TWL in the GR series over the last few years & 98% have been 4v4 TDM, no respawns - and I can tell you that they have been some of the best matches I've ever played in. :D

If played as a team & with a pre-defined sets of tactics (based on spawn & map) that have been learnt, tested & practised, there's nothing more satisfying that pulling off the win because you played as a team.

oh & my e-peen is bigger than everyone elses.... :P

Maybe the solution is not to eliminate the bushes, but to make them more realistic.

In GRAW 1 when you ran through a bush, or brushed the branches and leaves of a bush or tree, it rustled!!!! What a concept! The leaves made noise and moved!!! There where actually leaves that would get brushed off. This would settle most of this problem. These above mentioned issues will solve many of the "camping in bushes" issues...... mmmmmm bush. :o

There are a few other sound issues, like on Fort, when you run over a metal grate, it doesn't make the "metal" noise like in GRAW1.

When someone would shoot while leaning next to the bushes the bullets went through. This needs to be addressed. I know a bunch of them were fixed in the patch, but we need to tell GRIN about the rest of the bushes and trees that still have collision issues.

If a palm tree has branches (Lagoon), and you fire a gl between the branches (Empty Space) it should pass through toward the designated target and not explode like there is a force field around the tree.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

Maybe the solution is not to eliminate the bushes, but to make them more realistic.

In GRAW 1 when you ran through a bush, or brushed the branches and leaves of a bush or tree, it rustled!!!! What a concept! The leaves made noise and moved!!! There where actually leaves that would get brushed off. This would settle most of this problem. These above mentioned issues will solve many of the "camping in bushes" issues...... mmmmmm bush. :o

There are a few other sound issues, like on Fort, when you run over a metal grate, it doesn't make the "metal" noise like in GRAW1.

When someone shoots while leaning next to the bushes the bullets went through. This needs to be addressed. I know a bunch of them were fixed in the patch, but we need to tell GRIN about the rest of the bushes and trees that still have collision issues.

If a palm tree has branches (Lagoon), and you fire a gl between the branches (Empty Space) it should pass through toward the designated target and not explode like there is a force field around the tree.

OMFG! 6 Pages and we finally have a Winner! I endorse this message in its entirety. :D

So half this awareness is solved in my mind.... now about that RvsA...

When someone shoots while leaning next to the bushes the bullets went through. This needs to be addressed. I know a bunch of them were fixed in the patch, but we need to tell GRIN about the rest of the bushes and trees that still have collision issues.

OMFG! 6 Pages and we finally have a Winner! I endorse this message in its entirety. :D

How did it take 6 pages for all you graw vets to come out with that info.

Keyser' date='Aug 21 2007, 02:39 PM' post='490247']

How did it take 6 pages for all you graw vets to come out with that info.

rofl, MorphingJar and I have been saying that for a LONG time now. Everybody has just been too wrapped up in their own personal flame-wars. God that ###### is so annoying.

So on that note, Ruggbutt, I was not there nor was I part of that little TK incident on whatever US server it was. Hell I found out about it when I went to join your server and was instantly perma-banned before I even got to kit selection. I unfortunately cannot apologize on behalf of my clan-mates because well, I'm not their voice, but quite frankly I'm tired of this ridiculous attacking back and forth that keeps going on. I'm really trying hard not to judge you and your whole clan because of all of this because I am not like that. I know we both ultimately want what is best for this game and community. We are just trying to speak on the competition aspect of things because we REALLY do want this game to flourish. I know you (and most other people, especially your "followers") find the "Awareness" posts conceited, but all we were trying to do was create awareness around those subjects for people to check out and form their opinions on and give insight. Granted maybe some were more opinionated than others, but it was a good opportunity for everyone to chime in. Unfortunately you decided to take every single chance you could to always throw in some kind of snide remark against our team, which is quite immature IMHO.

I myself have also played Ghost Recon and all of it's expansions since day one. I just wasn't as active in the community before. All I am asking is that we ALL (you, your team, my team, etc.) bury this hatchet and move on for the better of the community and GRAW2, because that is what we both want. Easton already offered an extension to join our voice coms to hash things out if further discussion is needed. It's on your shoulders now if you want this childish nonsense to continue.

-Bonx

to be honest, I had my cool down period this past week. hell one of the ladies I worked with is said to have comitted suicide. So I haven't had the stomach to come here. anyway, GRAW2 could be a fair game to play if there was a feature to "MANUALLY" and "DIRECTLY" connect through IP outside of Gamespy. GR, you could play through ubi.com gaming service(barf) or type in a IP and connect to a teams server. THAT is what's missing.

But alot of what has been said here makes sense. people are not quite happy with what there is. I just never got into RvsA. I guess us old GR fans were hoping for a blessing. :)

I'm sorry to hear that Papa6. I hope that isn't the case. :(

I will say this much. RvsA is definitely a lot more enjoyable when played in organized competition. That could partially be why so many people don't like it since they might have only played it when pubbing. The unorganized chaos when pubbing just doesn't do the mode justice IMO. It's like... :wall: hehe

Edited by BonkerS

Keyser' date='Aug 21 2007, 07:18 PM' post='490232']

About the camping and bush issue. I personally don't liked being killed by someone in a bush, but hats off to the person for being more patient than me and waiting, and luckily I have other team members who axel in such areas..

I remember strong point in GRAW1 was our worst map, until we drilled and came up with some good tactics.

It’s a good idea as a game type, but I feel it seems to wear thin after a few hours of game play.

Keep this in mind. I don't have any doubt we'll get to the top of the power ladder if we put enough effort in. But thats just it. I don't find this ###### fun to play TDM half the time. Arroyo and Fort is still fun. The Cut and Crashsite? Not so much.

Arroyo is really small, I agree its fun but to small to provide and un predictable flanking and sneaky-ness which is what GRAW2 the tacticall shooter is all about. I think every map provides different tactics, and provides players to change their game to adapt. Its not just about shooting its about movement (sneak & creep), some goods players can have a very poor shots, but have good positioning and movement which makes up for it. But these aspects are often lost on small maps.

Bush camping is annoying, but if you are shot from a bush thats simply your fought for rushing and not being carefull enough, simple as that.

Keyser' date='Aug 21 2007, 03:11 PM' post='490263']

SO RVSA THOUGHTS? Whats wrong with it people. What do we have to do to get you playing it.

Take away tagging, respawns, predefined kits by class and the ADATS..... oh wait that's tdm LOL!

Tagging i don't like especially. It's almost like a cheat for one team.

Hamburger hill is alright but my problem is i become to involved with the objective and don't support my team enough. Also the maps are to short for it to be played effectively without it being a deathmatch.

Keyster... GR1 had the same bushes. (actually worst if you turned the res down to the point you were fully exposed so these are an improvement) Most of us are "vets" from gr1 (Not graw 1 as the ladders died quickly before they really started) are fine with the current bushes although as anything else they could be improved.

Those with good sound cards and headsets though don't need bush movement. I hear you if you turn without it. I always pause when rounding a corner to hear if someone on the other side moves to adjust there position to fire upon me. (the close range)

Beaver ... your e-peen lol is no concern of ours :D

Papa off topic lol... this isn't about IP connecting

Bonkers and Rugg... lol there are better places to do your love dances and discussions of Beavers and e-peen ... now hug... (no one look) and move on... (even if to pm's)

Are you aware that this thread has grown to a length that is just south of ridiculous for this particular topic?

I wanted to be sure you were aware by my pointing it out to raise your awareness so you and your squaddies can put it on your squad awareness list so you and your squad are aware of and can verify your awareness via the list. I look forward to the next awareness issue; I have placed a reminder on my awareness list so I am aware to check back here for further teamhot awareness updates.

Edited by chilly-willy

Are you aware that this thread has grown to a lenth that is just south of rediculous for this particular topic?

I wanted to be sure you were aware by my pointing it out to raise your awareness so you and your squaddies can put it on your squad awareness list so you and your squad are currently aware of and can varify your awareness via the list. I look forward to the next awareness issue, I have placed a reminder on my awareness list so I am aware to check back here for further teamhot awareness issues.

What he said :blink:

Beer time methinks :thumbsup:

Are you aware that this thread has grown to a length that is just south of ridiculous for this particular topic?

I wanted to be sure you were aware by my pointing it out to raise your awareness so you and your squaddies can put it on your squad awareness list so you and your squad are aware of and can verify your awareness via the list. I look forward to the next awareness issue; I have placed a reminder on my awareness list so I am aware to check back here for further teamhot awareness updates.

You can subscribe if you wish, simpler.

You can subscribe if you wish, simpler.

Once again, I must say Thank You for making me aware! Teamhot has raised my awareness level on the issue of subscription. I have made others aware of this issue as well and given full credit to teamhot. I will continue to look forward to the next awarness update from teamhot.

Edited by chilly-willy

I have finished reading 3 pages of this and I now have a headache. :wall:

Fact, there are going to be parts of games that no one likes. With the GR series going the way it has, there are more things about it that appeal to those who just want to play a few rounds of TvT then go to bed. They now play this game unlike the earlier versions of this game.

Now if Easton and Rugg dont' play nice, I'm gonna lock 'em in their rooms.

BTW, this thread is only 4 pages long. :P

99%? Some people call them forum trolls.

There you go all half cocked w/out all the information a w/the namecalling. GRAW1 sucked. Most of the people here disagreed with me and were busy praising GRIN. GRIN deserves praise for GRAW2.

and people will respect you more.

I don't need nor want your respect. I've seen how you respect others in pub servers.

Stop being that guy that wants to disagree with people just to disagree and talk down to them.

Are you serious? I never disagree w/someone just for the sake of it. I guess you're new here. I'm pretty vocal about my likes and dislikes. If you think that my opposing opinions to yours are just for sake of argument then you really think very highly of yourself. I'm passionate about what I believe and as I stated before, you (and your squad) rate low on my radar. I don't care what you do, what gametypes you like or anything else as long as it doesn't affect me on a pub server. I don't care if you wanna play hour map drops w/unlimited spawns. It's irrelevant to me. If you have a problem w/opposing viewpoints you need a thicker skin. Last time I checked this thread wasn't for everyone to post in except for those that don't share your beliefs.

The best reply of the whole thread, once again Rugg' comes up trumps. I totally agree, if your opinion is on the opposite side, you get a bashing. I dislike (as I can guess, many do) these Awareness Day threads, little more than I think, so I know. If the thread was more neutral from the Thread starter, then, maybe there be less agitation.

My 2 cents, ever since 2001, GR Series for me, has been a slow stealth game, not the action run game, that's where the fun was, moving into position and covering team mates. But everyone to their own.

The best reply of the whole thread, once again Rugg' comes up trumps. I totally agree, if your opinion is on the opposite side, you get a bashing.

It's kind of anti-climactic being right isn't it? ;) Join the club, I'll make you VP in charge of the n00bs. :D

I dislike (as I can guess, many do) these Awareness Day threads, little more than I think, so I know.

The whole attitude of the thread title is that we're being educated because we just don't know better. Funny thing is, I was messin' w/computer when some of the thread starters were learning how to walk. ;) Which is fine but I don't think that I need to be (turns on Jed Clampett voice) edumacated by these young 'uns.

Hehe.

The whole attitude of the thread title is that we're being educated because we just don't know better. Funny thing is, I was messin' w/computer when some of the thread starters were learning how to walk. ;) Which is fine but I don't think that I need to be (turns on Jed Clampett voice) edumacated by these young 'uns.

Remember not everyone reading the first post could say the same thing, the content was of interest to many people I am sure.

It is obvious that you go out of your way to disagree with anything we do.

Stop w/the persecution complex, Mary. If you post something I agree with I'll say so. I disagree with many different people about many things on these forums. Go read any of my posts in the GRAW1 section. I disagreed w/99% of the people posting here. ;)

You're flattering yourself if you think that you even make a blip on my radar Easton. I don't care what your (or anyone elses) join dates are or what you post here. But don't think that you're so important that on an open forum that your opinions are always correct and that you should have the last word. What's nice about boards like this is discussion. With that comes opinions that differ from yours. That's how the adult world works.

I'll let you in on a little bit of info: Our RvsA server is up at this very moment. The objective part of RvsA is awesome. I think that if you removed the tagging and had no respawns that it would even be more intense than TDM. That's my opinion like it or not. :)

I have never seen a forum troll like you who has been more insulting and or condescending who doesn't use curse words! Bravo Ruggbutt. For immature kids like you who have superiority complexes because they've played a series since day 1 that must be quite an accomplishment. Very good use of implied meaning and innuendo, not to mention a little misdirection. I prefer to be a bit more direct though, it just feels more honest. So I ask you this, is it possible for you to chime in on a debate or discussion without insulting anyone from HOT? Or does your huge ego just not allow you to do so? You claim so much experience at this game that we have no idea about but you gotta love the fact that you have ducked every single challenge we have issued your team to scrim as well as you guys never competing in the TWL ladder for Graw 2. On top of that you banned every HOT member that has tried to join your public servers immediatly upon joining. If you guys are so good and so experienced then despite your milk curdling personality we would like to play you. Lets do some RvsA :D

Thats right ruggbutter we've called you out publicly. Stand up and be a man about it. Get on the ladder and prove to us how much you know about this game. Maybe if you beat us or some other teams your opinions on what works and what doesn't for competition will carry more weight?