bp weapons pack v1.2

Brettzies

I'm sure somebody mentioned it.. but why is when I modify your textures, it comes out as a chrome texture? Is it the way it's mapped that's causing it because I know I'm doing everything right..

I'm not using any spec maps, so just make sure you have a black or dark grey alpha channel when you save. Most likely when you open the file, it's black, so it doesn't load anything(kind of a bug or feature of photoshop or the dds plugin?). Just create an alpha and resave. If you want to play with spec mapping it, duplicate the color map into the alpha and adjust brightness and contrast. I was never very good at that stuff.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could also be a setting in the material.xml files that GRIN has included in GRAW2 that handles how high the reflective value of the material is. Just compare for example a material.xml file from the original models (scar-l is a good example) to the material.xml files used for Brettzies models.

Can i ask what files i have to remove to cancel some weapons from the list ?? I don't want the M4 and the M16. What i have to do ?

And what about EOtech sights for every weapon ?

Edited by caprera

simply go to the local/english/lib/managers/xml/weapon_data.xml, find the appropriate lines, and delete them.

And it's been explained before that there are animation issues associated with the EOTech. For some reason GRIN thought it was only used for the MR-C (and yes we know it's all the same Picatenny system) and never added it for the other weapons. Dumb move on their part, but whatever, it's as it is now, until they decide to do something with it.

And it's been explained before that there are animation issues associated with the EOTech.

Sorry, just came back from holidays and maybe i forgot it... This animation issue, can also stop modders adding new optics ? Because i'm a long time whiner for a 249saw optic like the Elcan.

Btw thanks for the info.

And it's been explained before that there are animation issues associated with the EOTech.

Sorry, just came back from holidays and maybe i forgot it... This animation issue, can also stop modders adding new optics ? Because i'm a long time whiner for a 249saw optic like the Elcan.

Btw thanks for the info.

No problem. The real issue that people don't realize is that the animations are pretty much "set" in some respects for the weapons in GRAW, and GRAW2. So while people have tried to add optics to already set weapons (and of course with some success), it's really hard because the animations don't allow it. V Fth Smith had minor success with the Aimpoint in his GRAW mod, but overall it didn't work, because the animation didn't support it. If GRIN decides to incorporate optics on weapons, or more pointedly, more variety, then there have to be specific animations to support such a system. Even though nowadays, alot of militaries (besides the US) are using more and more optics in their weapons use (to include the SAW, which the US has been doing for years), GRIN hasn't taken the time (or Ubisoft is rushing them that such things cannot happen). I'm a big fan of an EOTech on a SAW, but there's no feasible way at the moment to allow it to work. So since we're talking about Brettzies mod, I'm sure in some sense, he's had to use the default animations given the weapon type. They work because practically the same weapon operation (reload, and reload dry animations) can be used on the M4, M16, and SPR weapons because they basically use the SCAR animations, so it works. If GRIN released more mod tools for animations, or support, then we can have a lot more weapons varieties, and to the lesser extent, animations that support the optics so they function as they should.

Edited by EricJ

Great mod, beautiful work!

Question: Now with the mod in place, Multiplay obviously wont work online since the files are changed... But when I disable the mod (renaming the folders in local directory back to the way they were) I still cant play online.

So I did a reinstall, but without deleting saved games, reinstalled the 1.03 patch, and I still am no longer allowed to play online. Im hoping I can fix this without doing a complete fresh install and losing my saved games, and also, I would like to use the new MP packs.

Any tips?

Hey is it ok if some1 can convert the berrett m468 to graw1 cause i still play graw 1 lol =D it be great if some1 can

I already have it in GRAW1. I'll upload it later. But, it won't be supported and the m468 probably won't work in MP mode. The docs will be for GRAW2 as well, but that's no big deal. The install is the same.

this question may sound elementry so please forgive me. I downloaded the 1.2 pack and went online via the multi player option in graw2. when i picked a server to play a death match with about 30 people. A prompt came up and said you have modified files and have been rejected to prevent cheating-or something like that. Now why cant i log on and play when there are some people in this clan i know 100% are using some modded guns as well as some type of better bullet proof protection that will take considerably more bullets.?

M4_graw_56_ironsight.jpg

(don't mind the aim helper, it's just left over)

M4_graw_55_ironsight.jpg

Well, I can get the ironsights to line up now by using the m416 anims and lowering the base model a bit. However, this means the m203 animations no longer work. To be able to aim and use the GL, I have to set it to the m416GL anim. It fires fine, but the reload looks pretty bad. I'd also have to lower my scopes which isn't so bad, but i'm not sure it's all worth it or not. Kind of nice to be able to look down the ironsights though, but now the m203 look dumb.