Ghost Recon.net Forums

why some things will never happen

I have seen many threads about what GRAW 2 needs, or should have that many people want GRiN to add, but i do not understand why other people think that some of these things can ever happen. What i mean by that is some requests or ideas on these forums will never happen simply because GRAW 2 probably does not have that big of a budget, i truly appreciate GRiN for doing all they have including providing mod tools and tutorials, that is awesome but in the end things like adding better anticheat, adding hit detection, and other things like that cannot be expected from GRiN now but can be possibly expected by modders. All these threads of people wanting to more things added or subtracted are not going to come from GRiN because they probably don't have the time or money(maybe they do, i hope i am wrong). Why no major changes like a truly functioning anticheat will not be added is because this game is not one of those only multiplayer games, this game is a game with singleplayer and multiplayer on the side, with this game maybe the SP MP ration is like 60% to 40%, but still 40% is not enough for this game to get patches out the ying yang.

People need to understand this and now it is up to modders as to what they can do, i for one am looking forward to new maps, people cannot expect official content much longer, the giant machine that is ubi is probably concocting something else.

On a side note did anyone know that EA owns 20% of ubi sounds like the beggining of a takeover, also when is Ground Branch scheduled for release or is taht still more than a year away.

I have seen many threads about what GRAW 2 needs, or should have that many people want GRiN to add, but i do not understand why other people think that some of these things can ever happen. What i mean by that is some requests or ideas on these forums will never happen simply because GRAW 2 probably does not have that big of a budget, i truly appreciate GRiN for doing all they have including providing mod tools and tutorials, that is awesome but in the end things like adding better anticheat, adding hit detection, and other things like that cannot be expected from GRiN now but can be possibly expected by modders. All these threads of people wanting to more things added or subtracted are not going to come from GRiN because they probably don't have the time or money(maybe they do, i hope i am wrong). Why no major changes like a truly functioning anticheat will not be added is because this game is not one of those only multiplayer games, this game is a game with singleplayer and multiplayer on the side, with this game maybe the SP MP ration is like 60% to 40%, but still 40% is not enough for this game to get patches out the ying yang.

People need to understand this and now it is up to modders as to what they can do, i for one am looking forward to new maps, people cannot expect official content much longer, the giant machine that is ubi is probably concocting something else.

On a side note did anyone know that EA owns 20% of ubi sounds like the beggining of a takeover, also when is Ground Branch scheduled for release or is taht still more than a year away.

Well i dont know about the AC, But its already been stated else were on the forums that there will be no new content for GRAW2 as yet because GRIN have not been contracted or payed to do more content. They were only contracted and payed to make the game for UBI, i expect they may have some contractual agreement with UBI as to AC and support :unsure: But until UBI ask them to tender a price, there will not be any Extra content. I think people tent to forget that GRIN does not control the content of the game, that ball is in UBI's court, so no amount of bitching and winig is going to change that. Grin have probable already moved onto some other title to pay the bills with, Except for the support team for GRAW2.

Edited by Hammer

Well i dont know about the AC, But its already been stated else were on the forums that there will be no new content for GRAW2 as yet because GRIN have not been contracted or payed to do more content. They were only contracted and payed to make the game for UBI, i expect they may have some contractual agreement with UBI as to AC and support :unsure: But until UBI ask them to tender a price, there will not be any Extra content. I think people tent to forget that GRIN does not control the content of the game, that ball is in UBI's court, so no amount of bitching and winig is going to change that. Grin have probable already moved onto some other title to pay the bills with, Except for the support team for GRAW2.

hmm that bolded area above makes one wonder what is going on. Grin have families and bills to pay as well. :hmm:

Why no major changes like a truly functioning anticheat will not be added is because this game is not one of those only multiplayer games, this game is a game with singleplayer and multiplayer on the side, with this game maybe the SP MP ration is like 60% to 40%, but still 40% is not enough for this game to get patches out the ying yang.

I'm not sure what games you have played, but most games with an anti-cheat system also have a SP side. Quake 4, Prey, COD Series, Doom 3, F.E.A.R, Rainbow Six...and more.

I also think most of the problems with GRAW is the engine. The very basics for MP are missing, from the simple fps built into the game to more important demo's and anti-cheat system. I find it hard to believe that UBI would tell GRIN to remove anything from their engine.