[registry fix so patches will work on server]

"Install registry fix from local machine so that GRAW2 patches know where your GRAW2 is installed on server."

what's the registry fix?, i was tryed import any registrys keys with the keyword "ghost recon" or "ubi" but the todays patch say that "the game isnt installed".

Please UBI its incredible that we need touch registry settings for install a single patch :wacko:

Edited by campeador

"Install registry fix from local machine so that GRAW2 patches know where your GRAW2 is installed on server."

what's the registry fix?, i was tryed import any registrys keys with the keyword "ghost recon" or "ubi" but the todays patch say that "the game isnt installed".

Please UBI its incredible that we need touch registry settings for install a single patch :wacko:

On your client machine, fire up 'regedt32' and goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Ubisoft/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigther 2

You'll find the install path info, etc.

Just export that whole folder to a .reg file & then run it on your server box.

Obviously this assumes you have GR:AW2 installed in the same folders on the client & server.

You can edit the patch in the .reg file with a text editor if needed.

Hope that helps.

registry fix for remote dedicated servers.

If you are just copying your local client folder onto your dedicated server, then you wont be able to properly run any patches on the dedicated box as the registry keys telling the patch which version you currently have installed & where the files are installed will be missing.

I've linked a .reg file below which is taken from my dedicated server in london.

You can open it up with a text editor and then see the important "InstalledPath" key, which shows where the GR:AW2 files are installed.

Just edit this key with your path on your server.

The other important key is the version key. This tells the patches which version your install currently is.

Registry Fix: GRAW2-REG-FIX.REG