GRAW 3.

EVERYTHING about this game is futuristic! NONE of it is in the field, save for a few of the more conservative firearms. M8? ARE YOU NUTS?! Have you been hiding under a rock for the last four years? WE'RE NOT GETTING IT! PERIOD! SOMEONE may be using it, but they're not in the US military.

M9 - G18 - M99 - SCAR H - SCAR L - LMG MK45 (SAW) - MG21E

[sarcasm]These look like really futuristic weapons to me.[/sarcasm]

I wonder how come the SCAR H, SCAR L & the SAW are being made like 25 km from where I live...

I must live in the future.. WOOT ! :ph34r::zorro:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an issue I have is that this franchise was designed with american soldiers in mind. But what was really cool about the game is that many modded the game with mods of militaries from other countries. but the equipment was what was being used by the US and other militaries(albeit the OICW).

But the game was current to what was being used. nothing future again, except for the OICW as some thought it was a sealed deal for the most part. I would think that if UBISOFT were to continue in it's quick release games, it would revisit the GR2PC data files and finish it up. why not? I guess my dissatisfaction with this all has been like with the shutdown of GR2PC, there's been a hole or gouge left in the timeline and GRAW/GRAW2 in my mind couldn't rememdy that.

But let's see if we will finally get GR2PC finally. :hmm:

Like it or not, the vast, vast majority of military games feature US units and gear. And they will continue to do so in the future. Why? Because the US is a huge market and US gamers prefer military games with US units. Simple as that. US sells. Personally, I'd love to see a wide range of "foreign" units, but I can hardly blame the developers and publishers for not wanting to go broke. Besides, mods help. :)

Though I'm certainly no expert on the subject, I suspect that GR2(PC) and everything in it is deader than a dodo.

It's basically like this: "Ubisoft: make up your mind. Do you want to make an action game or a realistic tac-sim? Pick one and stick with it".

Respectfully

krise madsen

Well let's just add an AK-101 to Mitchell's arsenal. After all, it apparently doesn't matter what WE have in the field now or in the near future. Change the name to NATO RECON while you're at it. No problem. Anyone can google a couple weapons and see that half the GRAW2 arsenal has been around longer than some GRAW2 fans. But if the idea is to portray what some swoopy-cool US Army Special Forces dudes will be toting around six years from now, GRAW2 is only marginally closer to reality than was GRAW. That's still not so good.

The answer is very simple. GR:AW 2 PC version has been made by GRIN (a European based company), I personally feel they did a great job on the weapons, especially compared w/ GRAW 1.

If you would like to see a GR:AW 3 w/ only the REAL US Forces rifles, then ask a US based company to do the job or ask uncle SAM, maybe he sees potential in people playing online w/ their new/soon-to-be-used-or-tested rifles.

You won't hear me complain about weapons themselves, I've got my Belgian made SCAR L & H and my favorite LMG, the SAW. Best 3 weapons in the game (next to the M416 :ninja: )

Edited by C9.Constantine

What I liked about the SP missions in [GR] is that it gave you a list of objectives. It was up to YOU to figure out how and when to attack them. You didn't have roads you couldn't go on, you didn't have a "get back to he mission area" message. All you had was a big box map that only showed where you were and where the main objective was.

What was so wrong with that? Although I agree GRAW2 is defenately a step towards [GR], I still feel like i'm a little kid that can't think for himself when I play.

Yeah that's one thing I thought was really gay, and don't disagree on that at all about restricted map areas. To go on the reality shtick, it's good to be able to skirt major areas if needed, and attack from a different point. Can't do that when its intentionally blocked.

Game companies make endless games about wars that are forever buried in history. Sure for historical sake yes, it's cool to do WWII and even the old 'Nam shooters, but seriously, time is moving on, and while major points in history, I think it's been revisited too much. So while on one hand, GR2PC would have been "deader than a dodo", it seems fairly okay to revisit old wars however, and they sell, so there shouldn't be any reason why GR2PC wouldn't have gotten sales. I mean seriously, how many mods are there for [GR]? If I even guesstimated at a solid number, I'd be lying.

And that's one thing I don't understand either, I would have figured that GRIN would make it more Euro-centric (perhaps meyhem in their own country eh?) than more American oriented, or at least offer stuff like [GR] did (hell they even had a Kraut!) so it's more NATO-ish.

Edited by EricJ

I've had a run at the Medal Of Honor Airborne Demo and in the very few minutes I had with it I can see elements that would have/would be nice to see in GRAW next. Mainly the land anywhere to start the mission feature. The helo inserts in GRAW are cool and fit the game but really... why be locked in to such few start point options? Is this a limitation of the engine or is it just the way the level/mission designers worked each level/mission in the campaigne?

Cheers,

CW

Hehe, Imagine: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter: "The Sky's The Limit" :hehe::lol:

Game companies make endless games about wars that are forever buried in history. Sure for historical sake yes, it's cool to do WWII and even the old 'Nam shooters, but seriously, time is moving on, and while major points in history, I think it's been revisited too much. So while on one hand, GR2PC would have been "deader than a dodo", it seems fairly okay to revisit old wars however, and they sell, so there shouldn't be any reason why GR2PC wouldn't have gotten sales. I mean seriously, how many mods are there for [GR]? If I even guesstimated at a solid number, I'd be lying.

And that's one thing I don't understand either, I would have figured that GRIN would make it more Euro-centric (perhaps meyhem in their own country eh?) than more American oriented, or at least offer stuff like [GR] did (hell they even had a Kraut!) so it's more NATO-ish.

Sorry, misunderstood you. I was thinking of the GR2PC code. I'm sure the game held themes and scenarios that would be great today :). Again, US sells, simple as that. But I agree it wouldn't have hurt to have some NATO allies in there. *shrugs*

Respectfully

krise madsen

a question I have is, "Can't they take everything GR2PC, improve the graphics, do this or that to it and roll it out?"

RSE could do a great service to us if they'd hook the proverbial trailer back up to the car and get back on the highway.

And The Blueberry, do you seriously expect me to call you? Dude look, it's not who's cojones are bigger, it's who knows more. Anybody can pull that from the web, but you're acting like it's "so new" to everybody. It's not, so calm down, back off.

Good fianchetto.I relent.Your a better man.You would know.No ,your right ,nothing is new.Neither is liquid armor that turns Solid when magnitized that can be worn as clothing.Your the guy in the trenches.You see materal pass before your eyes.You will see more,Im sure during your next ,deployment?Or not.Let me know when you start traing with your new equitment.Im reading stuff off the web and all.Its likely wrong.I respect the uniform,I respect your sacrifices.

But,The game is stagnet.We all agree it needs new maps and weapons.From what grin has been saying about recources,It dont sound like new maps or a expansion pack will come soon ,if at all.Or,there working like slave drivers on it. lol .Maps are to small(although perfect for ladders).Weapons dont hit the mark(ballistics wise),although,at the time of devolpment of the game,the weapons they chose were the major rumors of the time.I think its going to be up to modders.Although the tools for modding arent so great.Theres no one playing .You cant force it.Theres really nothing wrong with the game.But,,,,,From the sounds of it,,,,,,It leaves everyone whos playing it,,,,,,,WANTING.Therefore one can conclude that Nobody is happy with this game.Nobody,except me.. 0:)

Like it or not, the game in question is centered on a US Special Forces unit. If it were about a German SF unit, I'd expect it to include German SF equipment. Same for any country. And I might find that quite interesting, to play a game centered on some unconventional warfare organization from another country. It could be fascinating.

In the meantime, the fact that the developer of this game is located in Europe has ZERO bearing on what the content should be. The publisher's also in Europe, and the only part developed in the USA is the cheesy, super-stupid NARCOM crap. That's pathetic in it's own right. But if this game were developed in Sri Lanka, I'd still expect it to be an accurate representation, as much so as possible given what public release information there is anyhow. And when we see a game about the SAS or whoever, I expect the same again- The appropriate equipment for that country's forces.

Sadly, there seems to have been more attention paid to the MExican rebel equipment in GRAW2...

Yeah that's a good point no doubt but I guess the only one that wasn't uber-gay was for "Attack from all axes", that little bit with the Bravo still gets a chuckle out of me. So I guess I'm gay with that, oh well.

But then again, yes of course a developer's real nationality doesn't have much bearing, but as said, something more Euro-centric (or hell, let's go back to the Middle East if we're going desert here...) or just something different within the scope altogether would be nice.

Then again, while they improved the Hecho's equipment, still would have been nice to make a lasting effect, unlike GRAW, where it was something to contend with, unlike now it's like "okay, next!"