GRAW 3.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope not. I've never like the Advanced Spacefighter concept of these games. While they are all fun, x360 versions and PC, I just don't like the idea. But I think ubi has dug themselves a hole and probably feels like they have to keep going forward into the future, which I'm quite sick of.

At least with Ghost Recon2 and the mp side of x360 Graw1/2 it looked contemporary. GR2 was somewhat present day, had great character models, but never saw light of day on the PC.

I'm sure GRAW3 is just around the corner because of the way 2 ends, but I think they need to move on to something else in the Ghost Recon universe. I'd like to see Ghost Recon: "Present Day."

I wouldn't be against GRAW 3 per se. I like the premise of operating with near-future equipment. Like it or not, "the electronic battlefield" is where the Army is going, and it's great fun for a video game. I just think it'd be nicer to face a more complex enemy that would put the cool stuff to work, making them tools instead of toys. I don't like this George Lucas complex that GR has gotten. There's way too much emphasis on this cheesy plot and way too much focus on Mitchell. I want the game to focus on the battle, not the soldiers in the battle. GRAW 3 could keep a cheesy plot if it has to, just don't shove it down my throat. I'd want potential for long range engagements in addition to the short range shootouts. I guess I just wanna be an actual Warfighter, not a Wargod. That said, I think North Korea or China would be a good setting. There's mountains, there's open plains, there's wooded areas, and of course cities. Neither of them are in good ties with NATO and they have formidable forces. And in China, I understand some places have some wicked fog that comes through. I think it'd be perfect.

BUT... Ubi struck gold with Splinter Cell, and created a fan favorite hero, Sam Fischer. Now they're just trying so freaking hard to cash in on that success, that they're trashing all their franchises by turning them all into Splinter Cell. Yet ironically, they're moving Splinter Cell away from its original gameplay style.

Of course, I don't think Ubi will change their ways. They're now talking about going into movies. Their new style of making games lends itself to the silver screen and vice versa. Kind of a shame really, cuz even the console gamers are starting pipe up about wanting more complex games for their 360/PS3. I'd only buy GRAW 3 on a PC. But I don't know how Grin would pull off #3, between dealing with our whiny butts and Ubi's flippant attitude toward Grin's customers.

I hope not. I've never like the Advanced Spacefighter concept of these games. While they are all fun, x360 versions and PC, I just don't like the idea. But I think ubi has dug themselves a hole and probably feels like they have to keep going forward into the future, which I'm quite sick of.

At least with Ghost Recon2 and the mp side of x360 Graw1/2 it looked contemporary. GR2 was somewhat present day, had great character models, but never saw light of day on the PC.

I'm sure GRAW3 is just around the corner because of the way 2 ends, but I think they need to move on to something else in the Ghost Recon universe. I'd like to see Ghost Recon: "Present Day."

News flash there buddy. Theres nothing futuristic at all about this game. I'm sure the HUD is not exactly the same. But a similar interface is being used in today's battlefield with certain groups of soldiers. All weapons are currently being used as well with the exception of the MRC which is currently only in prototype developement. Nothing about this game is futuristic at all.

Edited by MorphingJar

News flash there buddy. Theres nothing futuristic at all about this game. I'm sure the HUD is not exactly the same. But a similar interface is being used in today's battlefield with certain groups of soldiers. All weapons are currently being used as well with the exception of the MRC which is currently only in prototype developement. Nothing about this game is futuristic at all.

Wow, I have a HUD?! Where did I put the damned thing, then?

Beretta RX4?! Kickin! I can turn-in my POS M16A2 now, then! And that MSG90 sniper rifle is sure to be a hit with the guys who are still toting M14's! And the ZEUS- gotta be all sorts of handy to have a man-pack guided missile to tote around!

EVERYTHING about this game is futuristic! NONE of it is in the field, save for a few of the more conservative firearms. M8? ARE YOU NUTS?! Have you been hiding under a rock for the last four years? WE'RE NOT GETTING IT! PERIOD! SOMEONE may be using it, but they're not in the US military.

And the similar interface in the hands of a certain group of soldiers was a test of prototype that lacks a lot of the functionality of this cool CrossCom thing- you still can't designate targets with it for artillery or airstrikes. And I'd bet dollars to pesos that it'll never see the field.

Get your facts lined up before you go jumping on the 'BUDDY' train...

Beretta RX4?! Kickin! I can turn-in my POS M16A2 now, then! And that MSG90 sniper rifle is sure to be a hit with the guys who are still toting M14's! And the ZEUS- gotta be all sorts of handy to have a man-pack guided missile to tote around!

EVERYTHING about this game is futuristic! NONE of it is in the field, save for a few of the more conservative firearms. M8? ARE YOU NUTS?! Have you been hiding under a rock for the last four years? WE'RE NOT GETTING IT! PERIOD! SOMEONE may be using it, but they're not in the US military.

And the similar interface in the hands of a certain group of soldiers was a test of prototype that lacks a lot of the functionality of this cool CrossCom thing- you still can't designate targets with it for artillery or airstrikes. And I'd bet dollars to pesos that it'll never see the field.

Actually, the ZEUS-MPAR is the Predator SRAW, which is currently being used by the USMC. And Future Force Warrior designating works to a certain degree, and works great, but not on the level of what we see in GRAW, but rest assured you can call in strikes :thumbsup:

But the RX4 blows, I don't like it either, it's just not "right"

Oh. I change my mind then. It's good. :x

I'd like to go back to GR. Grin can maybe make another title that would look great with the graphics they have...G.R.A.W. (Getting Rabid About Women)

(sorry it's late and i'm all out of funny cynical stuff lol)

Thanks for the good response guys, now at least GRIN and UBI knows how we feel if there is another version of GRAW coming out. We dont want two mistake happens again on the third and so on and so on and so on :)

Well as for crytek i dont think they will sell the crytek engine as per their CEO mentioned in crysis interview. If GRIN plan to release a sequel, made example from that engine would be nice.

Agree with you kung fu, variety of terrain would be nice, desert, snow, fog, sea, swamp, jungle, yeah!! it would be great!!

Bottomline is when GRIN/UBI going to take this matter seriously! !

Edited by Danish1705

I am all for an "Orginal Ghost Recon Redux." As some modders have found out recently, the engine is slightly more adaptable than originally reported. Update the engine or base a new one off of it and go from there. I know, I know.... easier said than done. But it is doable. All we need is a developer wanting to do it. Heck, call it something else, like "Phantom Patrol" or something. Whatever it takes to bring [GR] back.

I am all for an "Orginal Ghost Recon Redux." As some modders have found out recently, the engine is slightly more adaptable than originally reported. Update the engine or base a new one off of it and go from there. I know, I know.... easier said than done. But it is doable. All we need is a developer wanting to do it. Heck, call it something else, like "Phantom Patrol" or something. Whatever it takes to bring [GR] back.

Thats what I'm looking for. I don't care who makes it. Skip all the "cut scenes", make all the buildings accessable. Big maps and Mod tolls that are fairly easy to work with would be nice too. If not make money of new maps packs. Just can't see why no one wants to make a game like that.

Thats what I'm looking for. I don't care who makes it. Skip all the "cut scenes", make all the buildings accessable. Big maps and Mod tolls that are fairly easy to work with would be nice too. If not make money of new maps packs. Just can't see why no one wants to make a game like that.

yeap, if some of the building is accessible that will add another kind of thrill playing the game. agree with you.

The first thing one gets blind one is the eyes, as a saying goes. Or put in another way, it is all about perspective. GRAW2 is very much a redux GR, the maps could have been expansion 3 "Texas Thunder" as far as I can tell.

The difference is - as others have pointed out - that we have changed. I can still get a kick out of the TRS game Dune2, it doesn't matter that StarCraft or another similar copy of Dune2 is sooo much more advanced in all ways.

Saying that the AI in GR was better defeats logic as AI back then - GR no exception - was nothing at all (sorry if someones suspension of belief in GR AI was hit).

I would love to see a GRAW3 with more feeling in it, a bit like Red Orchestra's implementation of near hits, explosions, concussions etc.

About Zeus, it isn't that far from this one (Shoulder launched AT with choice of direct hit or roof hit, wire guided):

http://www.bellum.nu/armoury/SMBTLAW.html

In one way shape or form everything shown in this game is currently in testing phases, development, or current use.

The M8 carbine was dropped because troops felt that it wasn't durable enough to suit the soldiers needs. In 2005 congress denied the funds needed to continue development of the weapon in favor of other weapons systems and in 2007 the program was suspended pending further review. (Real futuristic there buddy) This weapon is available commercially.

The M416 is currently being used by Special Forces units along with small amounts of SCAR-Ls and SCAR-Hs.

There are many versions of the X4 available commercially today but due to Beretta's hesitance in meeting certain regulations, it is not allowed to be used currently by US military and police forces. The Rx4-Storm (Version seen in the game) is still in development but is slated to begin sales relatively soon. The Italian military is said to be considereing adopting this weapon program (thats a given considereing Beretta is an Italian company) and the US military has considered adopting this as well pending if Beretta can meet US regulations on the weapon.

HK's MSG90 was developed in 1987. Nuff said.

The MR-C is currently in prototype development to be the next Standard Issue weapon for the military. (Note this is the ONLY weapon in-game that could be considered "Futuristic")

G36 was introduced in 1995. Nuff said

The Hud system (Over the eye screen) is currently being field tested with certain soldiers on the field. This refers to soldiers operating Robotic weapons systems such as SWORDS, Lockheed' s MULE and various small ground based reconnaissance robots not excluding robots used for bomb disposal. It is also being developed to coordinate information between air, land, and sea forces more efficiently. An Example of this would be that today's new Jets are being fitted with an extremely wide variety of different sensors and cameras that feed information directly to the Command stations as well as commanders on the field to help coordinate troops better. (Another system that you could call slightly "Futuristic")

The ZEUS is extremely similar to the Javalin system currently being used by today's forces. I would call that a "handy man-pack guided missile." Also, JASGripen links a weapon system that seems extremely similar to the ZEUS.

There we have it buddy. The Ducks are all in a row. Just because WE aren't using it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I also never said that every gun in the game was used by the US military. So how about you get your head out of your ass before you go "Jumping the BUDDY train". Whatever the hell that means.

Edited by MorphingJar